Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buzzing flasher/turn signal relay..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cobra94563
Is that usually the relay is bad or a short in the wiring?

(Trying not to buy the relay and then find out it's the wiring.. blink.gif )

Also, has anyone identified an non-oem (cheaper) replacement.
Actually, I think the one in there is a non-oem substitute, but it has 4 similar prongs and it somehow fit. The left blinker flashes ok, the right and the hazards just buzz.
type.gif

Thanks.

904svo
QUOTE(cobra94563 @ Aug 22 2007, 10:12 AM) *

Is that usually the relay is bad or a short in the wiring?

(Trying not to buy the relay and then find out it's the wiring.. blink.gif )

Also, has anyone identified an non-oem (cheaper) replacement.
Actually, I think the one in there is a non-oem substitute, but it has 4 similar prongs and it somehow fit. The left blinker flashes ok, the right and the hazards just buzz.
type.gif

Thanks.

I bought a Tridon/Stant EP26 12Volt 4Terminal Flasher at my auto parts store
which work fine.

Brando
I've run the cheap units - results in not working right or dying out.

Go with the oem hella.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
please start by confirming that the bulbs and connections in the four corner turn signal bulbs are good and that you do not have a ground plugged in where a hot should be. You can find the concise wiring plug in sequence in the book "TECH TIPS 700" After verifying several times, disconnect the master cylinder switch and confirm that there is no back feed from a leaking ground through the switch. THEN disconnect the turn signal switch and try the emergency flashers and see if things work correctly. If so the turn signal switch is bad. If not replace the flasher. You will need the proper four pin type as this flasher works the em brake warning the low brake warning the turn signal and the em flasher
cobra94563
Thanks ALL. That is good info to help me track down the source of the problem!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.