Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: painting Fuch wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
What type of black paint is used on the 914 Fuch wheels and can you rattle can them or is it best to take them to a painter?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Aug 22 2007, 11:17 AM) *

What type of black paint is used on the 914 Fuch wheels and can you rattle can them or is it best to take them to a painter?

No paint! they are completely annodized. the 914-6 fuchs uses matt black (flat) in between the spokes
SLITS
The American Eagle? fakies were painted matt black!
RonnieJ
Thanks
Cap'n Krusty
Paint was applied at the dealer level. They used rattle cans where I worked. Lot boys did 'em. The Cap'n
SLITS
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 22 2007, 01:34 PM) *

Paint was applied at the dealer level. They used rattle cans where I worked. Lot boys did 'em. The Cap'n

Somehow I can't see you as a go-fer .... even at a younger age.

I did Jaguars / Austin Healys biggrin.gif
Scott S
I know they dipped the original early 5 bolt fuchs to add the black background. When you respray the black, is there a better way then using masking tape to get a straight line?

I know they sell wheel masking kits for the MG crowd....
pete-stevers
some alternatives to drab boring ......black
pete-stevers
and surprised this one isn't salmon..... bootyshake.gif
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Aug 22 2007, 05:38 PM) *

I know they dipped the original early 5 bolt fuchs to add the black background. When you respray the black, is there a better way then using masking tape to get a straight line?

I know they sell wheel masking kits for the MG crowd....

You'll chuckle at this method.

A friend of mine had a set of so-so 5 bolt Fuchs with the anodizing pretty much gone. He degrreased the wheels completely, set up a flat bottom tub, placed the wheel front side up, and poured in satin black paint until it reached the correct level partially coating the pedals. Removed them carefully, placed them on a raised grille and let the paint drain and dry. Exceptional finish. No masking to deal with. Only down side I could see was the waste of paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.