Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Swaybar bent
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
installed my rear sway, and the thing must have been on a car that did nothing but right hand turns as it appears to be bent higher on one side than the other.

can ya shim the mounts to correct this?
I'm also thinking of an adjustable link, but its pretty far off as it is.

maybe both... anyone done this one?

BTW- Weltmeister sway bushings are sooooo squeeky, yuk.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(brer @ Aug 24 2007, 11:31 AM) *

installed my rear sway, and the thing must have been on a car that did nothing but right hand turns as it appears to be bent higher on one side than the other.

can ya shim the mounts to correct this?
I'm also thinking of an adjustable link, but its pretty far off as it is.

maybe both... anyone done this one?

BTW- Weltmeister sway bushings are sooooo squeeky, yuk.

I would remove it and bend it.
Twystd1
Did it bend AFTER you installed it..???????

If so..... You have a bind that NEEDS to be taken care of before you do anything else.

I might be down your way tomorrow on Biz.... Ya wanna hook up and see what we can do..???

Cheers,

Clayton
brer
hell yes.
i'll pm you.
SLITS
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Aug 24 2007, 02:29 PM) *

Did it bend AFTER you installed it..???????

If so..... You have a bind that NEEDS to be taken care of before you do anything else.

I might be down your way tomorrow on Biz.... Ya wanna hook up and see what we can do..???

Cheers,

Clayton

Oh the agony ...... if Claytonian The First hands' touch it ... it will never run again. chair.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 25 2007, 06:04 AM) *

Oh the agony ...... if Claytonian The First hands' touch it ... it will never run again. chair.gif

Now hold on Ron, if it were yours wouldn't you want someone that had something in common with your cars problem working on it? Seams to me that Clayton is a little "bent" too.

biggrin.gif
brer
fixed!

took out the weltmeister and reinstalled the soft, slightly worn stock bushings and it moves freely again, no squeeking, and both ends of the bar are level.

It seems that my mounts are ever so slightly out of alignment, not a problem with soft stock bushings, but the hard weltmeisters with no give created a bind and tweek on my bar.

They tweeked on my bar.

beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.