Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Has anyone ever heard of Lucas oils or had any experience with it & if so, would it be a good oil to run in a 914 as a truck driver told me that all truck drivers he knew run it in the differential because it dramatically lowered the temperature.
Allan
Any 20-50 oil will work fine as long as you change it every 3000 miles....
Twystd1
Read this...

Air cooled Oil info.

This is specific to air cooled engines. Jake and Charles have done a bunch of homework on this topic. it is worth a read.

Clayton

Borderline
and this:

Castrol GTX broke down in 800 miles!

I've always kinda took oil for granted....not any more!
craig downs
Especially after the resent new low emission formulations. Using these oils in a engine
with solid lifters is like pouring in liquid death. These engines need the right amount
of zinc which the new formulations have removed. You owe it to yourself and read
the report that Charles and Jake did on oils.
toon1
royal purple or Bradd penn
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I presently run Royal Purple,I will switch to Brad Penn at my next oil change. Jake's and Charles info on the zink thing,( or lack of it) is enought for me. After all who does more research on air cooled motor's than these two guy's. my 2 cents Dave slap.gif
jwhcars
I am using Valvoline racing oil contains added zinc and friction modifiers. I don't need to worry about the catalytic converter-antique tag = no state inspection needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.