Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 rear trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
jocur43
how do i open the trunk on a 1970 914?
1970 Neun vierzehn
J,

First welcome.png

Second, I'm assuming you don't have an(aftermarket) rear panel installed between the tail lights. The center button between the two tail lights is pushed in to unlatch the trunk. A valet key or a "master" key, turned 90 degrees in the push button locks/unlocks the rear trunk. Hopefully your key(s) work in that lock.

Paul
1970 Neun vierzehn
If it's the front trunk that you can't open, the small "T" shaped handle beneath the left side of the dash is pulled to release the latch on the front trunk. That handle also locks in a similar fashion as the rear trunk button with a key.
jocur43
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 30 2007, 04:14 PM) *

J,

First welcome.png

Second, I'm assuming you don't have an(aftermarket) rear panel installed between the tail lights. The center button between the two tail lights is pushed in to unlatch the trunk. A valet key or a "master" key, turned 90 degrees in the push button locks/unlocks the rear trunk. Hopefully your key(s) work in that lock.

Paul

I'm afraid it does have the rear panel. Any ideas? Thanks
davep
There were two common methods of release. An electric solenoid operated by a switch somewhere. A pull knob cable release usually located near the engine lid release beside the drivers door.

What VIN is your car?
Pat Garvey
Were you ever able to get the trunk open?

And, we need your VIN for posterity. It's on a plate (small), on the drivers' side windshield post.

Let us know
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.