Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 axle length
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stock93
I'm looking for the length of the axle measured from end to end. I could pull mine and measure it but if someone knows the exact length off hand it would save me the trouble.

John
Brad Roberts
The number 23 comes to mind.

Call the shop later today (around 11:30 am toll free) if somebody doesnt post the info here.. I'll measure one while we have you on the phone.

877-914-4YOU

B
JWest
Brad - measure a few different axles and post the numbers while you are at it. Oh yeah - "Please"
Brad Roberts
Ok.

Should have every axle available except maybe the 930 axle.

B
Eric_Shea
51.5cm or 20 1/4" (just a hair over) inches. Those are the 74's that are currently on my bench.
stock93
Brad,
Thanks for the offer. I'm also needing to know if the splines on the end of the axle are the same as type 1/type2(bus)/type IV(thing,924/944). As I said, If no one knows I can pull one of my axles and try it myself. Are 914-6 axles different then 914/4 axles? Are the axles for a side shifter and a tail shifter a different length? What I'm trying to do is find the longest stock length axle I can find that has the type I/2/IV splines to build some longer/wider trailing arms for my railbuggy. I could get two longer axles from a vanagon auto if I can find them.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.