Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So you want to know what a 2270 feels like?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
I waited impatiently for the cable guy to show up as promised between 10am and 2pm... Nada.

Soooooooooooo, I hooked up the trailer and Yopu and I drove down to Napa to McMark's shop. It was a beautiful day and even with the trailer on the back it went by quickly.

Mark and I have been working on my 2270 Raby Kit for about 8 months with some long breaks in the mix... Today was the engine light off in the car...

You may recall seeing the engine run on Mark's test stand... it was loud and threw flames. Pretty cool to watch and hear. The real tough part of building a kit is not so much building the engine. While there are a couple of technical sections that will tax you if you aren't a "real" engine builder, it is pretty much just be really clean and follow the instructions meticulously... Installation however is really a long thought process. You have to decide what fuel pump you will use and how to mount it. You have to decide what to do with your fuel and oil filters as they don't always go in the same spots as stock... With all of that behind us, today was the day we lit it up and took it for a ride...

Oh my!!! With Mark in the passenger seat we took a drive around some six to eight blocks... It felt quick... Very torquey. I took Yopu next and wound it up a little tighter. This engine just loved it! Next, after some adjustment to the Rennshifter Mark took it for a ride. I believe he said that it felt just like a six but hey! I don't want to start a freakin' war or anything! biggrin.gif

The engine still has more potential. The carbs need to be synched and tuned a bit. The Rennshifter is still kind of stiff... There is a overcharge going on so we disconnected the voltage regulator until the problem can be tracked... But, it is a good start for an amazing engine.

my grandfather and father used to tell me you should break it in the way you are going to drive it.... So, I will autocross it on Saturday. Probably only take it to 7/10ths but we have to check and make sure all systems are go.

The whole process from ordering the kit to the last bolt was really not that hard. I have built engines before and Type IV engines are just a little more complicated because you have to seal surfaces and such but this is not something that most of us would be afraid of. Jake answers questions quickly on his site in an engine kit owners only forum. Rebecca at the Type IV store can practically have it to you yesterday... My first comment after going through all the packages when they arrived was "hmmmm, this is so complete you almost expect a cold six pack to be hiding in one of the boxes. I recommend it.

By the way, that cable guy that was supposed to show up between 10am and 2pm... He left a note on the door at 4:15pm...
Chuck
Congratulations on getting 'er done! I stripped the paint on mine this weekend. It will be a while before I drive it.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Chuck @ Sep 11 2007, 10:15 PM) *

Congratulations on getting 'er done! I stripped the paint on mine this weekend. It will be a while before I drive it.

Maple Grove!!! I used to own a house at the South side of the 694 and Bass Lake Road bridge. Right next to two gas stations... I might even know some folks who can help you out...
DanT
nice Rob. hopefully in the future we can get most of the Norcal AX 914ers together
and see how things shake out...
motor sounds like it should be strong. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Sep 11 2007, 10:49 PM) *

nice Rob. hopefully in the future we can get most of the Norcal AX 914ers together

I look forward to it! For now we can just talk smack!!! Did you review my offer on your engine parts? I am going to build a 2056 for my son Nicho... Of course then I need to find a 914 to plunk it in...
DanT
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 11 2007, 10:53 PM) *

I look forward to it! For now we can just talk smack!!! Did you review my offer on your engine parts? I am going to build a 2056 for my son Nicho... Of course then I need to find a 914 to plunk it in...

Hadn't checked the classifieds in a couple of days...
it is yours.
let me know when you would like to come get it.
Jake Raby
Another successful kit build on the road!

Glad to hear that you are happy. Email Blake for some timing and enrichment recommendations.

What did you use for break in oil??

I have made it a priority to finish my support videos for kit assembly over this winter, after playing with them for damn near 3 years! These videos will make the job 100% easier and faster fior the kit assembler...

No matter how hard I try, people still do not understand how complete the kits are until they receive one and inventory it.

Congrats to you and Mark for a job well done!
McMark
Rob, my exact phrase was "The 2270 is the new six." happy11.gif

But seriously that motor is a ton of fun. I only drove it about 1000 yards, but I'm definitely looking forward to building mine. The 2056 is still a great motor, and you can't beat it for the price, but for those with a slightly larger budget, the 2270 is a BLAST.
Jake Raby
Remember- that 2270 combo has 13 years of development inside it- it's not just a "2270"...

The first 2270 I built and dynoed only made 135 HP, we used to think that 150HP was a lot. Today we are knocking on the door of the 200 HP club with most all 2270s making at least 175HP and some well into the mid 180s. The combos have been runing cooler and cooler with 25 or so MPG in general.

My 2270 competition combo has already made 224HP and on the way up to around 240+ before the end of the year after 5 more cam changes, 3 more headers, 4 more sets of carbs and an EFI transition....

I LOVE the 2270- it is by far the BEST type 4 combo for the dual purpose street enthusiast.
PeeGreen 914
Wow... I would love to feel that power in such a light car. The 2270 would kick my sixes ass. Remember, the original six only had about 110hp plus 200lbs extra weight. Your car must rock. Have fun with it. driving.gif
Rand
I'm envious. Congrats! smilie_pokal.gif
Are you running carbs or aftermarket FI?
ConeDodger
Right now I am running Dual Dellorto Carbs. I bought them off the Classifieds and then turned them over to Art Thrane in Salt Lake City. They came back virtually ready to rumble. I think only minor synchronization will be needed and they will be fully tuned.

I probably would have considered aftermarket EFI, particularly SDS with four throttle bodies but I was a bit more intimidated at the South end of this project then I am now... I will not be switching though. I plan on running this motor for a couple of years and then going with one of the Raby Turbo motors once his development is complete.

As for the break-in oil... I am using whatever it was that Jake recommended last year. I forget the brand and weight but I bought a case when I saw the recommendation. The first fill and filter came out after the twenty minute cam break-in, this next fill and filter will come out when I hit about a thousand miles. I will probably have to commute with the car to do that since my normal is a couple hundred miles on each of the collector cars a year mostly events and such... Once that thousand miles is done, I plan on going to Royal Purple since Brad Penn is a bit harder to get here... Jake seems to be equally good with either the Royal P or the BP... But if BP were to become more available here... who knows...

I am not done building kits from Mr. Raby though... With my recent marraige to Ms. Yopu I became a father to a 10 year old (plus three more in college)... Nicho is going to need a 914 with stock injected 2056. I have a plan to help him be a good boy in it too... I will use an MSD box with a 4000 RPM pill in it. I bet it takes him no more than a week or two to figure that trick out! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Sep 12 2007, 01:18 AM) *

Wow... I would love to feel that power in such a light car. The 2270 would kick my sixes ass. Remember, the original six only had about 110hp plus 200lbs extra weight. Your car must rock. Have fun with it. driving.gif

Yes but there is nothing like an original car... I love my '84 Carrera. It is so original I have been threatened by fellow PCA members if I do anything to it... mad.gif I just have to choose a different car if I want to go faster.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 12 2007, 12:34 AM) *

Rob, my exact phrase was "The 2270 is the new six." happy11.gif

But seriously that motor is a ton of fun. I only drove it about 1000 yards, but I'm definitely looking forward to building mine. The 2056 is still a great motor, and you can't beat it for the price, but for those with a slightly larger budget, the 2270 is a BLAST.

I want to publicly thank Mark without whos help this project would have taken five times as long. I knew the basics which is more than most kit owners can boast. Jake provides great support with the videos and the website but Mark was right there when I didn't have a clue... Setting your compression ratio is a bit intimidating but not quite as bad as valve geometry. Mark made both fairly painless... No anguish at all. But his real talent comes out when it comes time for installation. You can totally fuch up a great engine with a poor install. I pondered how to install all of the systems for quite a while. I brought my ideas to Mark and he changed them from just good ideas to great execution... I highly recommend anyone who is tired of looking at a 914 riding jackstands to bring it to Mark in Napa and watch the magic happen... Thank you Mark... I will miss the Red Rock Cafe and all of those burgers until our next project. pray.gif The name Original Customs now makes perfect sense. Custom installations so well executed they look original.

As for the 2270 being the new six... Let the flames begin!!!
DNHunt
Way to go Mark and Rob. Wait until you see the tach swing past 7k. I suspect you could peg the sucker but why bother since it pulls so well down lower.

By the way JP road with my son for a morning driver's skill day down in Portland and he said it reminded him of a the 2.4 he had before his 2.7. Not bad for 2 less cylinders and 100 less cc's. and that engine was hurt.

Dave
Jake Raby
Dave is coming to live in my world in just a cuple of weeks to get his 2270 engine assembled back here in Heaven and to tune it on the dyno- I look forward to his visit.

Conedodger, thanks for the kind words and compliments on the kits. We have put a lot of work into the kit program and continue to do so, we sell many more kits than turnkey engines so the effort is justified for sure.

If running Royal Purple ensure it's the 20/50 "Max cycle" formulation, I do not recommend RP for break in purposes, Brad penn is all we recommend for that but sounds like it's a bit too late for this engine ;-)

(BTW- today's kits even include break in oil:-)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 12 2007, 08:40 AM) *

Dave is coming to live in my world in just a cuple of weeks to get his 2270 engine assembled back here in Heaven and to tune it on the dyno- I look forward to his visit.

Conedodger, thanks for the kind words and compliments on the kits. We have put a lot of work into the kit program and continue to do so, we sell many more kits than turnkey engines so the effort is justified for sure.

If running Royal Purple ensure it's the 20/50 "Max cycle" formulation, I do not recommend RP for break in purposes, Brad penn is all we recommend for that but sounds like it's a bit too late for this engine ;-)

(BTW- today's kits even include break in oil:-)

Now if you just put a sixer of Billy Beer in there it would be a fully optioned kit biggrin.gif
Borderline
Congrats Rob. I had a short ride in Dave's car (when he was down here for Andy's chassis straightening) and if it's anything like that engine, WOW!! What is the redline for a 2270?? Dave mentioned revving around 7k?
Jake Raby
Most 2270 kits will make max power @ 6,000 RPM and a good shift point for spirited driving is 6,500 RPM. The combo will retain valve control to 7,500 RPM most of the time but I set absolute redline for kits at 7,200.
Joe Ricard
Hope you can keep it hooked up on the Autocross course.
Bye bye C-stock Hello Street mod 2.

DNHunt
It might have been a quirk with my in dash tach. In first gear, the tach would just fly past 7000. Datalogs showed it never got past 7000. I ended up setting the fuel cut at 6800 and I'd shift short of that.

By the way, I'm so exited about my trip I'm driving the family nuts. They'll be glad to see me go so they won't have to listen to me.

A funny story about the rev limiter and that engine. It has a very nasty sound and I can always pick it out whenever Gerry my son is driving it. So, he was doing a new driver's skill day with the local PCA and they had a skid pad that they watered down. I was tending cones at a slallom drill a good quarter mile away and completely out of sight. The idea was for the kids to approach the limit. Anyway, I hear my car just bouncing off the limiter. The kid's just doing constant brodies. Fortunately, I'd set the rev limiter to 6200.

Dave
Joe Ricard
Who pays for tires?

Like I said you got power but do you have traction.
That kind of HP and torque would make a Torson LSD a viable solution.
Even for my new motor I think my car would develop a push
grantsfo
Congrats! Glad you finally got the car back together. Go out and kick some 911 butt! aktion035.gif

So if youre honest about all parts used (including mistakes) for this conversion what was rough total cost to do this 2270 turn key? Including fuel systems, cooling systems, ignition systems, etc.

How many hours were spent on acutal build and installation for engine and associated systems?

I'm considering building a dedicated AX car using one of these motors and want to get a sense of budget.
Joe Ricard
OK who are you and what did you do with the real Grant?
grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Sep 12 2007, 11:46 AM) *

You'll note I didnt mention that I would be putting a 2270 T4 in a 914. 914's truly deserve to have real Porsche power. LOL!

I'm trying to compare real costs of 2270 to hot 200 hp T1 build I can do for about $4000.
bdstone914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 12 2007, 04:24 AM) *

I have a plan to help him be a good boy in it too... I will use an MSD box with a 4000 RPM pill in it. I bet it takes him no more than a week or two to figure that trick out! biggrin.gif

Now thats just cruel! Haha. -Wes (on my dads name again)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 12 2007, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 12 2007, 04:24 AM) *

I have a plan to help him be a good boy in it too... I will use an MSD box with a 4000 RPM pill in it. I bet it takes him no more than a week or two to figure that trick out! biggrin.gif

Now thats just cruel! Haha. -Wes (on my dads name again)

I had no idea what it was like being a parent until I listened to Yopu and heard the things that worry her... One of them is keeping her kids alive. Now it is my affliction as well. I remember doing donuts in the new snow with my pickup truck when I was 16 in Minnesota. Sure, I had skills, but to tell the truth I probably dodged the grave more than a few times. I think we will stick with 4000 RPM for a while.

Wes, you and your dad will have to get used to a different view when you drop in on your trips. No more elevated 914 tail in the garage with the engine on a furniture dolly!!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Sep 12 2007, 11:29 AM) *

Who pays for tires?

Like I said you got power but do you have traction.
That kind of HP and torque would make a Torson LSD a viable solution.
Even for my new motor I think my car would develop a push

Think Guard TB and you are on the money... Bought it direct from Paul Guard who is local to us here...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Sep 12 2007, 11:33 AM) *

Congrats! Glad you finally got the car back together. Go out and kick some 911 butt! aktion035.gif

So if youre honest about all parts used (including mistakes) for this conversion what was rough total cost to do this 2270 turn key? Including fuel systems, cooling systems, ignition systems, etc.

How many hours were spent on acutal build and installation for engine and associated systems?

I'm considering building a dedicated AX car using one of these motors and want to get a sense of budget.

I will start with the 901 box

Guard TB $1100
Billet I Plate $400
Rebuild with replacement of synchros and one bearing and race $1600
JWest Shift Kit (I forget)
JWest Rennshifter (I forget)

The motor

Kit $5500
Various parts of motor such as case, crank, flywheel, cylinders $1000
Dellorto Carbs $400 + $400 to rebuild
MSD $180
Fuel pump and regulator $125.00
Fuel filter $50
Fuel lines and clamps (all EFI grade) $100
McBill from McMark has yet to come...
Lots of hamburgers at Red Rocks Cafe...

I went through two cases for the build. The one I finally used was purchased from Garold Shaffer. The first one I broke off a cam tower when the cam rotated and turned the thrust bearing and I didn't notice it and cranked down the case bolts to put the case together. That put the engine on hold until Garold put his up for sale. The second one went together much easier when Jake told me about tapping the cam with a hammer enough to flatten the flanges on the thrust bearing. It clearanced it perfectly and there was no more turning bearings. No other mistakes I can recall...
Jake Raby
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Sep 12 2007, 12:02 PM) *

I'm trying to compare real costs of 2270 to hot 200 hp T1 build I can do for about $4000.

Thats the same thing the Type 1 guys have been trying to do for decades...

You want comparisons? Look at the torque curves of similarly tuned engines and running temperatures. The Type 1 is a potent engine with tons of peak power and cheap, Chinese made parts that half way support it- I have a huge love for the type 1 engine, but not the aftermarket parts for them.

On my forum, Rob posted that the engine is running cooler temperatures than his stock engine did and thats something no one ever believes when I tell them.

So...I only ask grant why is spending money on a good combination such displeasure? I am an enthusiast that spends more on his cars than anything else and I never blink an eye, hell do a brake job on a Pinzgauer, spend 1,000.00 on replacement wear parts and see what I am talking about.

That attitude is what has kept the best handling Porsche ever at one of the lowest prices of any Porsche in history for so long. When people complain about 914 values they only need to look in the mirror for the reasoning.

So, lets keep this civil, I dread every time I see a post like this come up, the more praise someone gives the /4 the more certain individuals feel to shoot those people down, tell them they paid too much and got too little and that is not what we as enthusiasts need to do to respect other's projects and their respective component and set up choices.

Even I have calmed down with the radiator bashing and if I can do that, well anything is a possibility.
Joe Ricard
Even I have calmed down with the radiator bashing and if I can do that, well anything is a possibility.

Next thing you know Jake will be letting his hair grow long....... Sheesh what is this place coming too.

Oh searching Gaurd LSD right now.
Chris Pincetich
WOW - Rob you're really doin it up right. beerchug.gif
I'm looking forward to seeing you at a PCA AX soon, Zone 7 in October unless you get the bug to drive out here sooner. I've had McMark help out on some of my 914 stuff and he is always honest and easy going, I just wish he lived closer.
It seems silly not to step up to a 2270 kit with carbs when the smaller kits don't save much $$$$, especially for those that don't mind looking less than stock (carbs, coolers). I just moved and all my extra $$$ is going to furniture, but I hope to take my 914 up a couple CC notches this winter.
Drive it like ya stole it beerchug.gif

Oh yeah - don't worry about the Rennshift being stiff, you'll get used to it quickly and then learn to like it. Keeping the springs stiff ensures you stay in the 2-3 center plane, and for AX racing, this makes shifting oh so confident (90% of an AX is in 2nd or 3rd). I had to shim mine up a washer and nut height as it rubbed otherwise.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 12 2007, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Sep 12 2007, 12:02 PM) *

You want comparisons? Look at the torque curves of similarly tuned engines and running temperatures. The Type 1 is a potent engine with tons of peak power and cheap, Chinese made parts that half way support it- I have a huge love for the type 1 engine, but not the aftermarket parts for them.

On my forum, Rob posted that the engine is running cooler temperatures than his stock engine did and thats something no one ever believes when I tell them.

So...I only ask grant why is spending money on a good combination such displeasure? I am an enthusiast that spends more on his cars than anything else and I never blink an eye, hell do a brake job on a Pinzgauer, spend 1,000.00 on replacement wear parts and see what I am talking about.

That attitude is what has kept the best handling Porsche ever at one of the lowest prices of any Porsche in history for so long. When people complain about 914 values they only need to look in the mirror for the reasoning.

So, lets keep this civil, I dread every time I see a post like this come up, the more praise someone gives the /4 the more certain individuals feel to shoot those people down, tell them they paid too much and got too little and that is not what we as enthusiasts need to do to respect other's projects and their respective component and set up choices.

I did forget to mention that... It is running cooler. Very nice.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Sep 12 2007, 01:53 PM) *

Next thing you know Jake will be letting his hair grow long....... Sheesh what is this place coming too.

Oh searching Gaurd LSD right now.

Joe,
Very small operation that services many race teams. I used the Torque Biasing unit on the advice of Paul Guard the owner. He feels his TB unit is better for autocross and the LSD is best for the track. I will primarily be autocrossing with some track days and perhaps a time trial or two with the good folks at GGR...

Perhaps his nose hair or the hair on the back of his hands... He is a Marine and they seldom change their hairstyle...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Sep 11 2007, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 11 2007, 10:53 PM) *

Hadn't checked the classifieds in a couple of days...
it is yours.
let me know when you would like to come get it.

Dan,
If your staff is willing to listen to a voluntary no cost to employer benefit pitch I can send Yopu down. (she is an AIG workplace marketing specialist) She is in the Bay area from Thursday through Saturday most weeks. If not, I can wander down soon... PM me your email and I can Paypal you the money... Yopu is not a big fan of driving so I don't dare just ask her to pick it up unless somethng is in it for her... It is tough to get her to pick me up a soda when she is out and about... biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 12 2007, 01:45 PM) *

Jake, I think youre out of touch with reality often when it comes to understanding the typical 914 enthusiast. Most of us dont spend the majority of our money on our 914's. I hope these cars stay cheap I need good source of cheap parts for as long as I continue to toss 914's around on the track. If I can do anything to keep values low let me know. Unfortunately I dont think I have the power to impact the 914 market. And yes I'm proud to say I'm very cheap when it comes to buying parts. When I was building my car I used mostly used parts. You say you spent $1000 on parts for your brakes. I bought fully functional used 911 SC calipers and rotors for $200 when I built my track car. Its just a different mentality.

Now onto the T1 verses T4 for a lightweigh AX car. Remember dedicated AX car. Motor wont have enough time to overheat. Guy that would liklely help me build the motor has been bulding T1 motors before you were born Jake. And I have seen them perform.

Here you go listen to one of his motors: http://www.barrickpickeringracing.com/hoopa/VW_Hoopa1.MPG

I'm just not sure if I'm getting twice the value from a T4 for my potential dedicated AX application. Perhaps I'm missing something. These T1 motors make tons of low down torque to point that they have to soft pedal out of corners.

Finally If I had a street car like Robs I'd go with a similar setup to his without a second thought. Rob has built a very nice car and I dont think anyone including myself has said anything negative about his car.
Jake Raby
BTW- Don't forget that you are talking to the guy that built the engine that holds the 1500cc record in LSR racing and it's a Type 1 making 186HP from 1500ccs of displacement, without a turbo, or nitrous- just carbs.

I'm done here.

Nothing good is to come from further conversation.
Grant has his six, he likes it and has no intention of doing anything to promote the type 4 engine.

Rob, if I can help you, just let me know. You know where I'll be.

grantsfo
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 12 2007, 03:11 PM) *

Grant has his six, he likes it and has no intention of doing anything to promote the type 4 engine.

...and now I'm on the path to be a T1 promoter. LOL!
Jake Raby
Good. but when you find out how and why that will benefit me you are gonna hate yourself for it :-)

PeeGreen 914
Grant and Jake

I have seen many of your posts, and I know you both know your stuff. Jake, your engine work is amazing. If I still had a four I would be talking to you. In fact, I may be contacting you when I am finished with my six and get a four. Grant, WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT THE 914 TO BE CHEAP? I like that people make parts for us for a good price, but if 914s stay cheap they may as well be lumped in with the Miata people. poke.gif icon8.gif I hope these little cars go way up in value with the people making goo parts for a fair price.

Just my 2 cents.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Sep 12 2007, 04:15 PM) *

but if 914s stay cheap they may as well be lumped in with the Miata people. poke.gif icon8.gif

What do you mean by that? I'm a Miata person. chair.gif
PeeGreen 914
Oh... well.... I guess that speaks for itself. av-943.gif
craig downs
Ok back on topic
Congratulations Rob reading about how your engine runs excites me because I just
finished my 2270 kit about a month ago. Now I just need to get the car ready for it.
I can hardly wait to experience it.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(craig downs @ Sep 12 2007, 08:44 PM) *

Ok back on topic
Congratulations Rob reading about how your engine runs excites me because I just
finished my 2270 kit about a month ago. Now I just need to get the car ready for it.
I can hardly wait to experience it.

Yes the party got a little tense for a bit there...

I wondered where you were in the process. i am so excited. The car is on the trailer for Saturdays autocross already and still I started this morning before work and listened to it run... I guess I am just afraid it isn't real. But, it is!!!
craig downs
LOL That sounds like me. I keep saying its only going to be a weekend car for fun
but I probably won't be able to stay away from it.
McMark
I'm going through withdrawals. unsure.gif driving.gif

driving.gif 
Jake Raby
Approach this firrst event with care. Using a fresh engine for competition before having a chance to make predictions about what can be expected is a recipe for disaster.

I'd have 1,000+ miles on that car before putting a helmet on- but thats me.
ChrisFoley
Way to go Rob!
Just don't burn the tires off at the first event and have a good time.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 13 2007, 07:11 AM) *

Approach this firrst event with care. Using a fresh engine for competition before having a chance to make predictions about what can be expected is a recipe for disaster.

I'd have 1,000+ miles on that car before putting a helmet on- but thats me.

I agree Jake. As I said in the first post I want to do the event at 7/10ths. I just need to make sure everything is working right... Out of respect for you I will do it at 5/10ths... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 13 2007, 07:16 AM) *

Way to go Rob!
Just don't burn the tires off at the first event and have a good time.

I should have some damn CFR stickers on that darned thing!!! The exhaust, the fuel lines, the breather, and if Mark hadn't installed the exhaust the lift that put the motor in are CFR products!

While I am at it I should point out that nearly every product JWest makes is on it... All I need now is for him to send me one of those log books and It would be a clean JWest sweep...

Chris, I have to tell you... Those Tangerine Headers sound a bit angrier when giving voice to that 2270!!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.