Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decel Valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I'm trying to install a decel valve in a 2.0 '74 car, yeah; I've heard that alot of folks don't use them. I think I've also read that you could damage your MPS if you remove it and since mine is new, I don't wanna do that.

Does anyone have a photo of how/where the valve is installed? Does it just float between the vacuum lines connected to it or am I missing some bracketry that secures it somewhere?

Thanks, Kev
type47
don't have a photo at the moment but on a 73 or 74, i think the decel is mounted on the same bracket or at least next to the MPS (manifold pressure sensor)
rmital
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 12 2007, 11:01 AM) *

don't have a photo at the moment but on a 73 or 74, i think the decel is mounted on the same bracket or at least next to the MPS (manifold pressure sensor)

yep...see upper right hand portion of pic.
it uses one of the points on the MPS mounting bracket.
TJB/914
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 12 2007, 07:01 AM) *

Here's a photo from my 74 2.0L D-Jet. It located just above the MPS on a small bracket.

T
kconway
Got it.
Thanks!
Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.