Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I wonder... Would anyone else be interested in a Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 28 2007, 10:48 PM) *

The weight difference is somewhere in the 'holy crap' range. I laughed out loud the first time I pulled a stock lid and then picked up the CF to bolt on. laugh.gif

Coooooool!!! So far we have three of the five needed for a group buy order.
woobn8r
PM with shipping info requested.

Tks,

Sean
Chris Hamilton
How much lighter are these than sheridan lids?
SGB
Don't think I can justify that. Damn. Hope you get other commits.
jwalters
sad.gif 650 a lid is just too high for me - for CF. Please understand I am aware of the quality and the low production numbers are fully justifiable. If Getty would give a good deal for F/G lids (same $$$ discount as the CRF ones)I will step up in a heartbeat - and I feel/hope a few others would as well..

It looks like there are a few others interested in F/G -

Let Getty know he has at least one guy and possibly more for a good deal with F/G and I will personally on my car add his business name to the body paint of the car in my "made possible by:" area, and let everybody know where I got the lids from....

J
Chris Hamilton
Without a weight number, it'll be a hard sell for me.
McMark
Front: 16 lbs. (stock is 35 lbs)
Rear: 15 lbs.

See this thread.
woobn8r
I just spoke to Neil at Getty...Great Guy!

He's quite flexible with us (914 world) and we are GTG at 4 people for CF as he knows another discerning enthusiast will fall in line soon...also the FG (poverty model) will also add up for some orders...Getty also appreciates the good words brought forth by the "World" faithful....

If you are going to paint your lid(s) mention it to Neil as he will use a more stable white opaque resin rather than the clear stuff which may help 4 -5 years down the road.

Just call Neil tell him you are part of the group buy on 914 World and you are GTG...I'm ordering mine this week.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Oct 2 2007, 10:48 AM) *

I just spoke to Neil at Getty...Great Guy!

He's quite flexible with us (914 world) and we are GTG at 4 people for CF as he knows another discerning enthusiast will fall in line soon...also the FG (poverty model) will also add up for some orders...Getty also appreciates the good words brought forth by the "World" faithful....

If you are going to paint your lid(s) mention it to Neil as he will use a more stable white opaque resin rather than the clear stuff which may help 4 -5 years down the road.

Just call Neil tell him you are part of the group buy on 914 World and you are GTG...I'm ordering mine this week.

I guess your call explains why he hasn't answered my email. I informed him of concerns from prior group buy members about UV protection and asked if the headlights could be deleted. I also asked about the fiberglass buy... He must think wooby and I are the same person. Cool. Now all we need to know is if they can eliminate the headlights. Thanks... biggrin.gif
woobn8r
Naw, I don't think so....
I just phoned him today before lunch (EST)...He knows I am someone different...

Very accomodating though...I mentioned the FG guys...he skipped over it.....the current 4 CF guys can just call him with your credit card (unless you are not in the USA like me)...
jwalters
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Oct 2 2007, 05:17 PM) *

..I mentioned the FG guys...he skipped over it.....

Hey Woooob,

By 'skipped' over the FG guys you mean no dealy on them?? Curious for sure am I...

J
grantsfo
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Sep 28 2007, 01:27 PM) *

If you can get them to make a cf front lid without headlight holes I would totally buy one of them too.

Me too.
woobn8r
Neil basically said if we do the leg work...he comes to the party...

Soooooooo if you want FG lids, get yerself a posse then give Neil a call...I think he is reasonable...he likes us "914 guys" although I'm sure he realizes we are the bottom feeders of the Porsche universe and he will make more $ on one GT3 kit than any group buy we come up with.....

Really take names then go kick ass and....call Neil!

Oh and the "headlightless" guys will have to call him too. Neil takes alot of pride in his product and I'm not sure he can just whip another product up for limited sales....but it costs nothing to ask him.
plymouth37
I just ordered a rear CF lid from Neil piratenanner.gif
I asked about the "cut-out-less" front lids and he said that he knows that there is an intrest but is to busy with the 997 parts to develop a new 914 part.
Hopefully by the time my car is ready for paint he will have designed one. poke.gif Hear that Neil? You have about a year, start filling those headlight holes! biggrin.gif
plymouth37
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Oct 4 2007, 11:08 AM) *

poke.gif Hear that Neil? Start filling those headlight holes! biggrin.gif

agree.gif
LarryR
Just talked with Mark I am in on the group buy. Thanks for the great negotiation beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(LarryR @ Oct 6 2007, 09:43 PM) *

Just talked with Mark I am in on the group buy. Thanks for the great negotiation beerchug.gif

Way to go Larry!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.