Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all CANUCKS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
CHAFF
I'm here too...took the summer off from the club...I'm back to being a 914world addict again since winter is around the corner.

Cheers
Luis
73' 914 2.0L
Regina, SK
woobn8r
QUOTE(CHAFF @ Oct 30 2007, 05:35 PM) *

I'm here too...took the summer off from the club...I'm back to being a 914world addict again since winter is around the corner.

Cheers
Luis
73' 914 2.0L
Regina, SK

Hello Luis,

Are you far from Davidson, SK?

S.
GWN7
If I remember it's about 1/2 way...so 1.5 hrs
woobn8r
Thanks Bruce,

Do either you or Luis know Kyle Ransom (Ransom automotive) in Davidson?
CHAFF

Hey dude, actually I don't. However, its a small place so maybe Mike (aka Mike the man) might know him or know someone who knows him. Its actually not too far from us...a short hop. Any particular reason?

-L

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Oct 31 2007, 06:09 AM) *

Thanks Bruce,

woobn8r

Yup. I've been waiting for him to finish a rather pricey transaction....he apparently has a busy life, (and bad luck with greyhound) and I am out significant resources.... I don't want to dis the guy...as he "seems" alright. I'd just like the transaction completed. I thought I might find someone local (and neutral) to pick the stuff up. Or if someone knew him maybe they could vouch for his integrity....

S.

QUOTE(CHAFF @ Oct 31 2007, 09:29 PM) *

Hey dude, actually I don't. However, its a small place so maybe Mike (aka Mike the man) might know him or know someone who knows him. Its actually not too far from us...a short hop. Any particular reason?

-L

Thanks Bruce,

CHAFF

Dude, where r u located at? If you need something picked up let me know. Mike is pretty good at breakin' legs too(if you wanna go that route...lol...just kiddin'). Either way if you need something let me know....I have a good friend in the local auto repair biz. I'll run the name by him and see if something comes up.

-L

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Oct 31 2007, 07:50 PM) *

Yup. I've been waiting for him to finish a rather pricey transaction....he apparently has a busy life, (and bad luck with greyhound) and I am out significant resources.... I don't want to dis the guy...as he "seems" alright. I'd just like the transaction completed. I thought I might find someone local (and neutral) to pick the stuff up. Or if someone knew him maybe they could vouch for his integrity....

S.

-L

Thanks Bruce,

woobn8r
I'm in Newmarket....Ontario (just north of T.O.)...If you are passing thru Davidson, I'd love to phone this guy and tell him I'm getting a pick-up!

Kyle seems okay...does nice bodywork, plays with alot of racecars and conversions...It's just the first time I've dealt with him and I can't figure out if he is just eccentric, has really really bad luck, or is a scammer....I'm usually willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but we are talking 6 months here....

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers,

S.

QUOTE(CHAFF @ Oct 31 2007, 10:03 PM) *

Dude, where r u located at? If you need something picked up let me know. Mike is pretty good at breakin' legs too(if you wanna go that route...lol...just kiddin'). Either way if you need something let me know....I have a good friend in the local auto repair biz. I'll run the name by him and see if something comes up.

-L

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Oct 31 2007, 07:50 PM) *

S.

-L

Thanks Bruce,

mike_the_man
I know Kyle. I don't know him real well, but a couple of my friends are pretty tight with him. PM with the details and I'll see what I can find out. From what I know he's a good guy, so I'm guessing that he's just super busy or something. I'm sure we can get this all resolved.
Mikey914
As a vendor, I would not feel comfortable marking a package a gift if it was not. However, lets just say I sell you something that costs $50 normally, but may shipping and handling are $50 dry.gif so I discount the price of the item to $18 as a gesture of goodwill. The invoice value of the item is $18.

Food for thought.
woobn8r
MTM,

Stuff from Saskatchewan came today...

It took exactly one month by bus and the box was shredded....maybe Canada post isn't so bad....

All's cool with Kyle...I called him.
LongARM
Just waiting to see how high the Canadian dollar will go. At 1.07 US right now,
i need an exhaust system like a Bursch or Sebring(single tail-pipe) Any one know of a Canadian vendor for these.???

..... bye1.gif
swl
I bought that single pipe locally but that was before the long sleep. Can't remember who it was - may not even be in business anymore. You could talk to Stefan over at the bug shop on Bingingham Ct. He's kinda pricey but has a good supply chain.

The yellow car has the same exhaust on it as the new one you saw in the garage. Whatever that is I don't really like it and wouldn't recommend it to you. Really harsh sounding. It could be that it is rotted out inside - won't know until I try the new one. Whatever the case, if you like the sound you can have the older one gratis. If the new one sounds the same I'll give you a good deal on it. I have the fuel system apart - might be the spring before I can test out the new muffler. Work schedule is killing any progress on the car.
LongARM
Pelican has the Bursch system i want @ 239.00 US. But will probably be about 5000.00 to ship it here. headbang.gif
swl
naw - $500 to ship. $4,500 in brokerage fees!
swl
Hey there's an new canuck on the board - plost. 5 year veteran of 914

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=77817
boiledcabbage
QUOTE(swl @ Nov 4 2007, 08:09 AM) *

Hey there's an new canuck on the board - plost. 5 year veteran of 914

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=77817

boiledcabbage
Hi - I'm another canuck (Ottawa) lurking in the shadows of this site - enjoy it very much - unfortunately my stock 74 1.8 seems to be running rather well lately (at least it does the few chances I get to use it) so I haven't needed any technical help - if I did (actually this is inevitable) this would be the place for sure.

Shipping: has anyone tried having parts shipped to a U.S. fedex location (e.g. close to the border) and picked them up?
GWN7
I have both a P.O. Box and a UPS/Fedex drop point in the USA........had the PO box for 15 yrs now.......
swl
How does the drop point work?
davep
Another new lad as well: Enigma

I have arranged with a friend and member near Buffalo to accept a few parts for me. Still, it can be quite a drive down to get stuff. You will still get dinged at the border, but there won't be the broker fees. In SOME cases it is cheaper to ship cross border than within borders. You have to do your homework. If it can be mailed then broker fees are not too bad most times.

My company also has a warehouse in Batavia. Further to go, lots of tolls, and they lose stuff in the warehouse all the time, so I cannot trust them.
#1RAGE
David Robson
Saskatoon, SK
74 914 1.8

Parking it for the winter sometime this week. sad.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(swl @ Nov 4 2007, 03:26 PM) *

How does the drop point work?

Their are several places just across the border from here that accepts UPS/fed ex parcels.

You order your items and have the ship to address given as the business name. So it would be:

Bruce Napier
C/O Mikes Hardware
street address
Pembina, ND

Then when you go down they charge you (depending on the business) $3, $4 or $5 per parcel to receive it for you. When you get to CDN Customs you go in with your bill of sale for the items and pay the GST & PST.

I saved $400 on a set of tires by having them shipped to the border this way a couple weeks ago.

If the item can be sent by mail, it's cheaper to have it mailed directly here instead.

If you take a drive to Collins Landing or Omar and check around I bet you will find a place that does the same (will accept parcels for a fee).
14carrot
QUOTE(davep @ Sep 15 2007, 05:24 PM) *

Dave Pateman
Burford, ON

Tons of parts, just need time to find things in my stash.
I do have a list of Canadian members.

Hey Dave, if you've got that list it would be great to notify everyone in Ontario and Quebec about the CanAm. Please pm me.
1970-1914
14carrot....you know that last post is 12 years old?
Carl456
Ayr Ontario
Just lurking, reading (saving posts) and slowly collecting parts.
71 with a 74 2.0 in garage with no idea where to begin....
Have repainted and rust proofed floor boards, replaced fuel lines, lined tank and few other small projects.
Parts slowly collecting at my cousins place in TN.

Hoping to find a garage heater to extend the time I can work in garage.

I see a couple 914s around Cambridge but not sure if anyone on the board.

14carrot
Please see the garage forum about the CanAm 914 50th Celebration at Mosport, Sunday August 4th.
It is going to be great.
Please contact me to register.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Carl456 @ Jul 13 2019, 09:23 AM) *

Ayr Ontario
Have repainted and rust proofed floor boards, replaced fuel lines, lined tank and few other small projects.

You have RD just up the road in Guelph, they have an open house/swap meet the end of September, definitely worth going. Pete often gives a bit of a deal on his panels at the open house, bring cash. I often go to the open house, good times, cool demos and free Timmy's. Pete has a 914.
DaveP and john Tipper (14carrot) are also fairly close by.
cdn914
I sold Marc-Andre that car when it was a 914-4.

Gord
cdn9146

QUOTE(wobbletop @ Sep 18 2007, 08:23 PM) *

Lucky #13 ?

914/6 conversion
Georgetown ON

Just bought Marc-Andre's '70 914 with a '78 911 3.0L

cdn914
I will be in Southern Ontario this coming weekend for the event at Mosport (flying down). I may have some extra time on my hands on Saturday.

Gord
Carl456
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 28 2019, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Carl456 @ Jul 13 2019, 09:23 AM) *

Ayr Ontario

You have RD just up the road in Guelph, they have an open house/swap meet the end of September, definitely worth going. Pete often gives a bit of a deal on his panels at the open house, bring cash. I often go to the open house, good times, cool demos and free Timmy's. Pete has a 914.
DaveP and john Tipper (14carrot) are also fairly close by.

I’ve made the swap meet a couple times. Yes it is just up the road from me.
Great guys to deal with for panels but I’m past that point now.
Typically it ends up being a weekend I’m away but will watch the website for this years.
Unfortunately, I won’t be getting there air cooled.
Rand
Wow, blast from the past. My damned time machine is giving me fits.
14carrot
Ontario and Quebec teeners, please subscribe to SIG914 Updates in the garage forum for local 914 content.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.