Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lug Bolt Length
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalM
I have Riverias on my 914 now but will replace them with a set of Mahles as soon as I repaint them and get a set of BF Goodrich g-Forces mounted up.

I was checking the current lug bolts today and saw that they only have about 3/8's of an inch of thread to bolt into the hub. Is that enough, especially since I have 2 DE's over the next 6 weeks? If not any recommendations on a source for the proper length?

Thanks again!

Hal Michael
'73 914 2056 RAT
'96 993
hwgunner
Hal, measure the threads on one of the ones you have and I will measure one of the "long" ones that i have. This will give you a better idea of what the thread engagement will be. beerchug.gif
HalM
It will tomorrow afternoon before I can get to, but I will do so and post the measurement.

Thanks!

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 15 2007, 08:31 PM) *

Hal, measure the threads on one of the ones you have and I will measure one of the "long" ones that i have. This will give you a better idea of what the thread engagement will be. beerchug.gif

hwgunner
Here is a pic of a "long" alloy lug bolt. You can see that it is just under 40mm long. beerchug.gif
HalM
When looking for a possible source, I found this:

http://www.boothedesign.com/boltsstudslugs.html

Looks like you have the 38mm bolts. I'll let you know how mine compare.

Thanks again.

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 15 2007, 08:35 PM) *

Here is a pic of a "long" alloy lug bolt. You can see that it is just under 40mm long. beerchug.gif

hwgunner
QUOTE(HalM @ Sep 15 2007, 06:57 PM) *

When looking for a possible source, I found this:

http://www.boothedesign.com/boltsstudslugs.html

Looks like you have the 38mm bolts. I'll let you know how mine compare.

Thanks again.

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 15 2007, 08:35 PM) *

beer.gif Glad to see that mine are the most expensive ones!!! beerchug.gif Careful of cheap aftermarket ones on ebay and around. I think the ball seat is wrong and I also think there is a thread here somewhere about that. As for the bolts, I think I can come up with 16 if you need them but someone else will have to set the price. I sell on ebay so that I don't have to do that. headbang.gif
HalM
Jonathan, looks like I have "shorts." So if you have a set of "longs" you are willing to sell, let me know what $$$ you are asking.

Thanks for the help.

Hal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.