Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Putting it all back together....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
So I have my 1911 all re-sealed. I adjusted the valves and I have one exhaust stud that is not cooperating. Other than that, I think I am ready to put stuff back on the motor. The flywheel is on too.

So what goes first? Do I put the fan on, the tin? What should go back on first?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
Allan
Cases sealed, heads on?

Did you set the end play yet?
KaptKaos
Allan,

Motor was a runner. I just resealed it, so everything is back together as is. I shouldn't have to set the end play.

- Joe
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Sep 16 2007, 03:38 PM) *

So I have my 1991 all re-sealed. I adjusted the valves and I have one exhaust stud that is not cooperating. Other than that, I think I am ready to put stuff back on the motor. The flywheel is on too.

So what goes first? Do I put the fan on, the tin? What should go back on first?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

1991?

cough...cough 1911cc cough cough

.fan shroud.... then all the tin. just did this today smile.gif
KaptKaos
Fixed...

You were spose'd ta call.

Ok, so fan shroud first. When do I do the Fan and Alt?

I might pull my shroud off my old motor, as the one I got from bill had a few issues (flaps and things).
Aaron Cox
issues? its pretty intuitive - as things go together only one way smile.gif

bring my exhaust nuts!! tongue.gif
Dave_Darling
Fan shroud, alt, fan, then tin. At least, that's what I remember doing. The alt bolts to the fan shroud, after all. The tin piece covering the front of the alt goes on at the same time as the alt; the alt pivot bolt goes through it.

--DD
KaptKaos
Glad I had my old motor that I am taking parts off of for the new motor. I would have volted in the shroud and tin, and totally forgot the engine mount brackets!!! Good times.

So I have the shroud off of my old motor, and I need to clean it up. Turns out I was running without the flaps at the top of the shroud that direct air onto the oil cooler. I have a spare one of those (I think). Major cleaning and stuff to happen the next few days.

BTW: Anyone have a cheap header for sale? By cheap I mean really cheap? Not sure, now that I am into this, that I want to do the whole HE thing. Hmmm...... More later, I need a cocktail.
Aaron Cox
cheap header?
KH range from 2-450 used
Eurorace - 2-500 used
CFR - good luck finding one used
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.