Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All the cool kids are doing it...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BMXerror
Hmmm... Good info. Thanks. I guess I misinterpreted that rule. I won't be running SCCA for at least a couple years, so it'll stay this way for the time being. Thanks for the heads up, though. beerchug.gif
Mark D.
BMXerror
Well, got her running on Sunday! aktion035.gif ... after a year off. dry.gif Anyways, I was waiting on new pieces. Some I had to buy, others I had to make. Here's what I had to make. These go on the back side of the injector and adapt it to a regular-hose clamp type fitting. They're made of 316 stainless like the aforementioned sleeves.
The port profile was reverse engineered from a C4 corvette fuel rail that a guy at work had lying around.
Click to view attachment
One of the big holdups with this part was that I couldn't figure out a way to retain it on the injector that I really liked and that wasn't a pain in the ass to machine. This is what I came up with. This groove....
Click to view attachment
...allows this clip (from McMaster Carr)...
Click to view attachment
... to clip in like so.
Click to view attachment
This is the final assembly.
Click to view attachment
The really important thing on this part was making sure the groove was deburred really well so there was no chance of tearing the o-ring on assembly. I left that part to one of the professionals at work. The fit was a bit tight, but with a tiny bit of oil and some finesse, they went together beautifully. No leaks so far, either.
Mark D.
BMXerror
Another thing I had to finish was the intake. This took more money than skill.
Apexi filter from Redline Motive. Aluminum u-bend from Lancer Shop. Spectre silicone unions from my local O-Reilly.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mark D.
BMXerror
The last thing was the plug wires. You would be amazed how hard it was to find what I needed, and what I needed was not that complicated. I finally found a set of cut-to-length Moroso Bluemax wires for a V8. They have HEI ends on both sides, but one side is strait, which I needed to get below the sheet metal. It actually worked pretty well. I just robbed the boots off of my old wires and slipped them on the strait ends like so...
Click to view attachment
So I drove her a bit last night. She's a bit doggy right now. I'll hopefully be able to do a hardcore mapping session this weekend and fix some of that. She's still getting a bit hotter than I think she should, too. My old theory was too much advance with the stock distributor. That may still be the case, since I haven't dug into the advance curve really deep yet to see what advance she's running under load. However, my B theory is quickly becoming my A theory. That theory is that the exhaust is too restrictive and it's trapping heat in the heads. I know for a fact the exhaust needs to go, so we'll see what happens when it does.
Well, it's bedtime. Thanks for looking.
Mark D.
silver74insocal
smilie_pokal.gif diggin the thread keep going popcorn[1].gif

oh and what type of exhaust are you running currently?
BMXerror
Stock HEs with a Monza muffer. dry.gif I need headers... DEFINITELY! That's probably the next large item. I can feel it starving out on the top end right now. Even so, it's gonna take a while to raise the money, as I'm saving to go to Nationals this year with the team. piratenanner.gif
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.