Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unilite Advance setup help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaybird840
Hi,
Just received my Mallory Unilite I purchased from a board member and I need some advice on setting it up. It has the orange springs in it now--I understand that I need the grey springs. I have posted an ad in the classifieds if anyone has a spare set of grey springs lying around. I really don't want to dole out the $26 for the advance kit just for the springs. Last, in order to lock out the correct maximum advance (sixteen degrees per McMark) I need to know how far to close down the tabs inside to get 16 deg. I found a website online that says a gap of 0.068" should yield 17-18 deg total advance. Thoughts? If someone has the advance kit, and could measure the 16 degree key that Mallory uses, I'd be beholdin' to ya. Last (Jake I'm not asking you to share proprietary information here--you're a businessman) is 16 degrees total advance enough for my puny, stock, low-compression '75 1.8L with dual dells and a bursch? (12-28 deg advance total)? Thanks tons in advance!!!

--jaybird
Joe Ricard
I have no idea, Jake sold me a Mallory Dizzy that was ready to go out of the box. stuck it in the hole set timing and car goes like a scaulded dog.
All included in the purchase price. So did you really get a good deal?
SGB
I'll measure the advance kit lever tonight. If I forget, send me aq PM!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.