Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Sterling Meet thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
root
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 12 2007, 07:07 PM) *

Root- is it possible to do some very light, aluminum welding?

That job is for an artist not a welder! chair.gif

Having said that, "Are you sure it's weldable anyway?" Is it aluminum?

JPB
Epoxy or JB Weld would be my first guess unless you don't mind loosing it in an OOOOps incident. beer.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(root @ Oct 13 2007, 12:11 PM) *

That job is for an artist not a welder! chair.gif

Having said that, "Are you sure it's weldable anyway?" Is it aluminum?

I agree & think a jewler would be best. Got this far myself though & figured I'd try finishing it somewhat right. I think it's aluminum, pewter is not as flexible or as hard. Solder did'nt work & crazy glue is pure cheese laugh.gif , but is working so far.
root

I'll be headed to the Homemade German Sausage House in Vienna this week to pickup the Brats and Spicy Sausages chowtime.gif

If you want to bring something to go with the sausage bring your favorite junk food
and drink!

I'll provide Sausage, Hot Kraut, buns, mustard and maybe some potato salad too! drooley.gif beer.gif chowtime.gif flag.gif

Babydoll
biggrin.gif Oh yummy to that Up-Fixin-Der-Porsche feast this coming week-end! I'll definitely bring brownies, and maybe carrot cake. Maybe chili would be overkill? Those brats will be killer... no chili needed, methinks. I'll see if I can scrounge up some chips, too... is that Octoberfesty? biggrin.gif
root
I just talked to Susan (my partner and wife). She gave me the O.K. on overnighters!

I know some of you are coming from hours away and last year we hung out at the shop 'till late telling stories and milking beers, so anybody who wants to crash at my place Saturday night is welcome. We have 2 extra beds, one sofa, a super comfortable lazy-boy and the floor to offer up! drunk.gif

crash914
I can donate 2.0 FI parts....They are promised out though.....right Rick?

have extra trigger points, tps, dizzy and brain...only thing missing is injectors.

I can bring if I can make it, I can loan to other if I can't.
type47
is anyone doing breakfast? i'm probably out of breakfast as the SO will put the foot down but steven sounds hungry...

will bring some kind of food.

PM'ed for shop address.
Babydoll
huh.gif I can do breakfast, tho' I'm pretty groggy that early in the morning. That way, if Babydoll breaks down on route, you guys can push me out to Root's shop. Bwahahahaha!! She should be ok, tho'... lately, she's been runnin' better in cooler weather, she just hates to warm up. Sigh.

This shindig is starting to shape up - a mini ECC, methinks! Woohoo!! Now, lets banish all thoughts of rain (which we haven't seen for two months now) and get ready to celebrate in style, with wrench in hand. drunk.gif
angerosa
I agree - No one lives closer to Rod's shop or Amphora Diner than I (except for maybe Rod) and 7:30 am is way to early for me (see avatar). I'll probably just end up meeting you guys at Rod's shop. I don't know what kind of food I'm bringing yet but I know it will include Doritos. Everyone loves Doritos.
zymurgist
If anyone is wondering about something easy to bring, I would suggest Coca-Cola and other soft drinks. A couple of bags of ice would be nice, too, for the keg. (I think I have the keg container dilly-o worked out with Babydoll...)
zymurgist
Rod,

How about a map, or directions? I'll be coming in from the Beltway since I really really hate US 15 from the Virginia line to Route 7. (I think the major roads take less time even though it looks like a longer route.)
root
Here's a link to the Sterling meet location:

http://www.matsys.com/index.htm

type47
PS, what's the starting time?
root
QUOTE(type47 @ Oct 16 2007, 06:48 PM) *

Eyes Open at 7:00AM dry.gif
Amphora Breakfast 7:30AM chowtime.gif
Shop opens at 8:30AM smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

type47
QUOTE(root @ Oct 16 2007, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Oct 16 2007, 06:48 PM) *

Eyes Open at 7:00AM dry.gif
Amphora Breakfast 7:30AM chowtime.gif
Shop opens at 8:30AM smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

can't wait!

hold on.... doesn't that mean ken will have to leave hagerstown pretty early to get the beer to the Amphora by 7:30? biggrin.gif

now, where did i put that bung?
zymurgist
laugh.gif Ken doesn't get out of bed before 8:00 on weekends.

Even for Carlisle or Hershey. driving.gif
Rick L
QUOTE(crash914 @ Oct 14 2007, 01:01 PM) *

I can donate 2.0 FI parts....They are promised out though.....right Rick?

have extra trigger points, tps, dizzy and brain...only thing missing is injectors.

I can bring if I can make it, I can loan to other if I can't.

Absolutely! I've picked up a 2.0 L motor that we can build over the winter.
root
Here's the weather outlook for Sterling! beerchug.gif
jimkelly
[/quote]
[/quote]

where did i put that bung - oh - that is funny - the DEA is on to you buddy - and by calling a our RED CRYSTAL SUPER DELUXE HANDMADE GOLD LEAFED TURQUOIS INLAID BONG a bung is not gonna throw them off i suspect. oh - it is in the basement behind the car parts - remember : )

oh yeah - if the DEA is reading this - jim. who i do not know and never met - what is a bung?

jim
plas76targa
Grimmey! I almost missed this event. Work might actually let up. I'll know better tomorrow am. I hope to come down later in the day - after kids soccer game. Dr E - I might have a FF for you, I will look.

beer.gif here's hoping to see you all again Sat!
zymurgist
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Oct 18 2007, 09:49 AM) *

oh yeah - if the DEA is reading this - jim. who i do not know and never met - what is a bung?

Just about any halfway knowledgeable zymurgist knows what a bung is and what it is used for!

(Hint: you gotta bang it into the bunghole.) smash.gif
root
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Oct 18 2007, 12:28 PM) *

Grimmey! I almost missed this event. Work might actually let up. I'll know better tomorrow am. I hope to come down later in the day - after kids soccer game. Dr E - I might have a FF for you, I will look.

Matt - If you come bring my RED chair, if you still have it, you can give Evil the FF.
I don't know what an FF is but my imagination is running wild..... smoke.gif

Hope to see you beer.gif
Babydoll
dry.gif I was just catching up on all the banter going on with this thread, and all I can say is, you guys are disgusting. blink.gif rolleyes.gif Can't WAIT to see you all Saturday...
I'll have healthy munchies (boo), not-so-healthy munchies (yay!) and a 914 with a bad attitude. I'll bring a big ol' tub for the zymurgist, too - you guys bring the ice. Shall I bring cups?
smdubovsky
Is anyone else planning on making it to the breakfast? I can likely only hang out until ~noon.
Babydoll
I intend to come to that breakfast - it's a straight shot down rte. 123. If Babydoll can get her engines awake at 7, so can I!
crash914
working Saturday, bummer, Rick, let me know and I can have the extra parts with me for you to take down....
scotty b
QUOTE(root @ Oct 18 2007, 01:56 PM) *

QUOTE(plas76targa @ Oct 18 2007, 12:28 PM) *

Matt - If you come bring my RED chair, if you still have it, you can give Evil the FF.
I don't know what an FF is but my imagination is running wild..... smoke.gif

Hope to see you beer.gif

FF = Fat Finger. It's a gayfight.gif thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that unsure.gif
type47
[quote name='jimkelly' date='Oct 18 2007, 05:49 AM' post='958245']
[/quote]
[/quote]

- jim. who i do not know and never met - what is a bung?

jim
[/quote]

OK, all you DEA guys reading this, jim and i HAVE met.... biggrin.gif

the bung (not bong) is what root is welding into my triad to accept the O2 sensor for my LM - ... (what ever model it is....)

laugh.gif
jimkelly
oh - bung

don't i feel silly

smoke.gif
Dr Evil
I dont even know what the "FF" is, but I am not turning my back on him blink.gif
Dr Evil
Oh, I am going to change my WUR tomorrow and see if that fixes my CIS problem. I may still drive down......I wouldnt bet on it, though dry.gif
plas76targa
Fuel Filter, ya Maroon! You mentioned you can't get one in an earlier post. I think I have two. You're welcome to one of them
angerosa
mueba.gif See everyone tomorrow.
root
Weather Forecast looks good! driving.gif

I'll be at Amphora's at 7:30AM shop opens at 8:30AM or earlier if I don't have any trouble finding ice for the cooler! beer.gif
type47
i looked for my bung before i went to work and when i found it, i put it in my pocket. jim kelly needs to get there early so he can see it before it gets welded. smoke.gif

(DEA disclaimer)
smdubovsky
Directions to Amphoras? (or a website/address?)

Tnx,
SMD
jimkelly
Amphora's Diner Deluxe
1151 Elden St
Herndon, VA 20170
(703) 925-0900

elden street - just off toll road

QUOTE(smdubovsky @ Oct 19 2007, 03:08 PM) *

Directions to Amphoras? (or a website/address?)

Tnx,
SMD

JPB
I will be there in spirit only, must do the real estate thing tomorrow. Found a great deal and can't pass it up. Have fun all a yall and don't get to Zimergized! beer.gif
scotty b
I'll see you fools aropund 9 or 10:00 I need to get some sleep sad.gif I'll be bringing my multimeter, bellhousing with starter, remote starter cables, feeler gauges, dizzy for the doc. Anything else we need tool wise??
Babydoll
w00t.gif Wow, I'm glad there's clarification as to the breakfast destination for tomorrow - I ASSumed it was the Amphora in Vienna. I didn't even know there was one in Herndon, I guess that makes more sense. OK, if you don't see me at breakfast, it means I got lost (or Babydoll did...) but I'll certainly find my way to the shop, since I've been there before. I'll try to make it to Amphora's, tho', I hear their French Toast is to die for.

Till Tomorrow! I'd better go get those brownies out of the oven now... stirthepot.gif
jimkelly
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

good luck with that thing!

jim

QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 19 2007, 05:40 PM) *

I will be there in spirit only, must do the real estate thing tomorrow. Found a great deal and can't pass it up. Have fun all a yall and don't get to Zimergized! beer.gif

Dr Evil
EeeeeHeeee! I cobbled up a fuel filter and it works much better biggrin.gif The old one once removed felt like it had a rock in it and I could shake crap out of it dry.gif What a PITA to find the one I need, or one I could use. The one I need is NLA so I am doubting that Matt has one, but I am willing to check them out biggrin.gif

See ya'll around noon or earlier if I dont catch fire or break down biggrin.gif
scotty b
You're going to have Noel or Zach running a support vehicle right ?
Dr Evil
Zach. bootyshake.gif
type11969
I just swapped in some jet doctors in my dells, a 160 mile shakedown cruise seems like a good idea. Tools? I'll have my standard Beetle breakdown set. Will we have access to a compressor? I have a leakdown tester I can bring. Welder there/welding needed? I have a helmet I can bring too. Anything else? Hopefully I'll be there in the AM.

-Chris
root
QUOTE(type11969 @ Oct 19 2007, 08:51 PM) *

I just swapped in some jet doctors in my dells, a 160 mile shakedown cruise seems like a good idea. Tools? I'll have my standard Beetle breakdown set. Will we have access to a compressor? I have a leakdown tester I can bring. Welder there/welding needed? I have a helmet I can bring too. Anything else? Hopefully I'll be there in the AM.

-Chris

I'm Up!
Been up since 5:30AM. Susan set the alarm wrong! headbang.gif
Didn't figure it out 'till 6:00AM.

It's 7:00AM Now and the sky's are clear piratenanner.gif

Little bit of wet on some roads but mostly dry in Sterling! biggrin.gif

Off to breakfast, see you'all after 8AM.... driving.gif

OH! Chris
We got a compressor here! Bring your helmet
.........and we'll put you to work FAST!:welder:

root
Here's the Shop phone in case you breakdown or get lost: driving.gif driving-girl.gif

703 964 0400 x21

MATSYS
504 Shaw Road
Suite 215
Sterling, VA 20166

jimkelly
is it sat already - better brush my teeth and hit the road.
VaccaRabite
Engine is in the back of the subaru. Might need new plug wires, will get them on the way if I can find them. Soon as Mike gets here, we will be off.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.