Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random pics...and a random question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
I am finally starting to make some progress. I have the engine all built (stock 2.0 w/ the help of Jakes video) and the car painted. You can see I have the dizzy in pieces ready to be reassembled. Believe it or not, it was full of glass! Somone had obviously busted out the back glass in the middle of a tuneup. The engine was covered in it and the dizzy had chunks as well. One of the springs had popped off...no wonder it was running like junk. Where do these two pieces go? One is a cap with a flat side and the other is just a bendable piece which fits over some edge...some where. Thanks guys!
beer3.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Tom
Bogaat,
Looking good. Can't help with where the parts go, sorry.
If you are using the fuel inj., make sure you do a continuity check on all of the connectios while you have it out. Also check all of the wiring from the 12 pin connector at the relay board to the different places those wires go. I did mine while the engine was out and found several bad connections. Keep up the good work.
Tom
SLITS
The long black piece is either a vacuum hose or trim for the engine grill edge.

The other round thingy appears to be the plastic plug to access the torque converter bolts. Goes in the round hole in the back of the engine case.
Bogaat
Thanks for the reponse on the parts...both wrong though. Those pieces are all in and accounted for. Any other thoughts?
beer3.gif

Here is the beast before I tore into it...

Click to view attachment
SLITS
Well since the photo is dark and I can't tell relative size to anything .... and yes, I pulled it into Photoshop and tried to blow it up and lighten it.

Last two

Heater "J" tube cap off .... '74 and above with only a single feed from the blower to the HEs

Window "fuzzy" strip

So, whadda ya want for free? Throw 'em into the trash ... you don't need them.
Hammy
How'd you get everything so clean?
effutuo101
beer.gif FERG.gif beer.gif FERG.gif gint.gif FERG.gif whip[1].gif FERG.gif
we need a paint smiley. drunk.gif
Bogaat
QUOTE(Hammy @ Oct 3 2007, 12:56 AM) *

How'd you get everything so clean?

Pressure wash and a trip to the powder coaters for most of it. I did paint random small items and took a wire brush to the case.
So.Cal.914
agree.gif

If you can't find where they go it was probably over engineered anyway.

The long black thing does look like it covers the edge of sheetmetal somewhere.
Bogaat
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 2 2007, 11:35 PM) *

Well since the photo is dark and I can't tell relative size to anything .... and yes, I pulled it into Photoshop and tried to blow it up and lighten it.

Last two

Heater "J" tube cap off .... '74 and above with only a single feed from the blower to the HEs

Window "fuzzy" strip

So, whadda ya want for free? Throw 'em into the trash ... you don't need them.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to take a better pic and find parts numbers. The cap is about the size of a quarter and is threaded with a flat side on the "circle" top. The bendy strip is about a foot long. I am 99% sure it came off of the engine as it was in that pile of stuff.
type47
the "bendy thing about a foot long" could be a piece that fits on the edge of the engine tin that is the vertical piece on the flywheel end of the engine, like an edge guard. the rubber seals in the mounts in the engine bay will touch the edges of the engine sheet metal. i think that piece is a "guard" on the end/edge of the sheet metal.
jasons
Looks great! One small piece of advice.... Make sure you are getting a good ground between the alternator and the case. I think powdercoating the alt brackets can induce some resistance. I powdercoated all my stuff and it wasn't a problem.
Bogaat
QUOTE(jasons @ Oct 3 2007, 11:53 AM) *

Looks great! One small piece of advice.... Make sure you are getting a good ground between the alternator and the case. I think powdercoating the alt brackets can induce some resistance. I powdercoated all my stuff and it wasn't a problem.

Thanks man. I am good to go there...I decided against using powder on those and the shroud (used a ceramic spray paint and a spray clear coat). I have heard stories on here and decided to avoid them. I even ground the paint I put on there to be sure I was good beer3.gif
Demick
Small black cap could be the cap that goes on the PCV valve (inside the oil filler box). About the size of a quarter.
Bogaat
One down...bendy strip...see number 35
http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLookup/HT...5-00-Frame3.htm
Bogaat
QUOTE(Bogaat @ Oct 3 2007, 12:47 PM) *

and could this be my cap? Not sure how it is supposed to fit in there...have to go home and check it out. Number 37
http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLookup/HT...5-05-Frame3.htm
Bogaat
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 3 2007, 12:28 PM) *

Small black cap could be the cap that goes on the PCV valve (inside the oil filler box). About the size of a quarter.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLookup/HT...4-05-Frame3.htm
Time to go home and dig...
Thanks all!
beer3.gif
Bogaat
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 3 2007, 12:28 PM) *

#9 http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLookup/HT...4-05-Frame3.htm

By the part number... that seems to be it! How the heck does it attach? I haven't taken off the filler neck yet, but did the PCV. I am not seeing it. Thanks!
Demick
It just snaps onto the bottom of the PCV valve. But it doesn't stay on very well. It's very common for them to fall off and you'll find it in the engine recess where the oil filler box sits. Luckily they can't quite get all the way into the engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.