Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upper Midwest Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
akellym
Here's the deal... Rick and I thought it would be fun to have gathering before the snow starts. Nothing fancy just some grilling and friends. So on Oct 20th starting at 1200 and going until everybody goes home biggrin.gif We will meet at my place (this year, next year we'll be more organized) the address is:

8392 County Road 39 NW Annandale, MN

Click to view attachment

RSVP if you plan to make it. Local guys can bring a dish to pass if you like, if your making a long drive just bring yourself. This is a rain or shine event.
TROJANMAN
You guys sure have a lot of lakes biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Ok boys and girls, This is the deal, Kelly and I are hosting a gathering of 914 nuts. Kelly offered his place. Sandy and I are bring the Meat for the grille.

So we need an RSVP.

Also, on a side note my core heads arrived from the gold coast yesterday. They are off the machine shop tomorrow. There is a very slim chance my engine will be repaired before the event. Cross your fingers!
warrenoliver
dry.gif Hmmmm. Should be before the snow. Last drive driving.gif

How about maybe?

Warrenoliver
rick 918-S
Possible chance to see the Alien. assimilate.gif
rick 918-S
In case anyone wants to travel from points afar, here's a Hotel close to Kelly's place.

http://www.americinn.com/display_property.aspx?id=7

and a map

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&pwst...=4&ct=image

As of Tuesday 10-16-07

Warrenoliver
Warren
McFarland WI. It was close but Warren had to bail.
Lotus 65
Paul
MLPS MN YES and daughter and maybe son!

SteveL
Steve
MLPS MN YES!

Chuck
Chuck
Maple Grove YES!

GWN7
Bruce N
Winnepeg Maybe (if they let him across the border.. laugh.gif )

Wbergtho
Bill
Roberts WI Strong Maybe Moved to the YES colum

GoPack
Mark
Madison WI Out this year

Minndodger
Stephen
Andover MN Confirmed can't make it this year. See ya in the spring! Be sure to bring those kids with.

Phoenix-MN
Paul
ST. Bonifacius,MN Yes!

imachappy
David
Mlps. MN I think it's a yes including Ollie and maybe the turbo monster.

Minnesota Loon
Newby no name in the signature line
White Bear Lake Maybe

Anyone bringin a co-pilot? Any women?
akellym
icon_bump.gif
lotus_65
thanks for hosting kelly! should be fun, i'll be there.

paul

no wimmen, just my 6-year old daughter.
iamchappy
I may be hunting...dang!
minndodger
I am going to try and make it. Since I am in Andover what food item would you like for me to bring. Now I have a date to to get my car out of the shop.

Stephen
SteveL
I am planning on being there!
Chuck
I will double check that my wife does not have anything scheduled for me. biggrin.gif Pending that, I'll be there. What food item should I bring?
rick 918-S
Don't sweat it guys. Bring something from the local deli or a family secret recipe. What ever works.

Please RSVP and let us know if your bringing the better half and the kiddies.

Oh ya, and you may want to bring your own beverage. I'm sure we'll have something available but you may want something special.
GWN7
If I have the proper paperwork I'll drop by..........potato salad?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 4 2007, 03:00 PM) *

If I have the proper paperwork I'll drop by..........potato salad?

chowtime.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
akellym
There will be plenty for kids, my 12yr will be here he has way to many toys and a giant tree fort. So bring the kids!

rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif Late night bump. Just ordered gaskets rings and bearing today... Dropped the heads at the machine shop.
iamchappy
Rick your car will be on the road before mine....
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Oct 4 2007, 08:42 PM) *

Rick your car will be on the road before mine....

av-943.gif Now there's a challenge! idea.gif Maybe, But it won't look as good. dry.gif But wait til spring... biggrin.gif FERG.gif
rick 918-S
Friday night icon_bump.gif Talked to Bill today!
Chuck
Put me down as confirmed for one. beer.gif My wife and the girls are going to go shopping.
wbergtho
I'll try to get there. I'm still waiting for my can of "Liquid Engine Rebuild" from Summit Racing. Hopefully it will be running in time.

Bill
gopack
I would love to go. If any one from the area or passing through from Chi-town wants a co-pilot, let me know, I have been too long out of the 914 mode. as soon as i get some money and the guts to tackle it, I am back to work on mine. PLUS this falls on the Pack's Bye week... AND my wife will be im a class all day saturday so it won't cut into family time!

let me know!
rick 918-S
Saturday am icon_bump.gif I'm splitting the block on my 4.7 this weekend...
rick 918-S
Check the top of the first page for a updated roster! assimilate.gif
akellym
icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
Were missing a couple of guys yet.

Anyone bringing the kids??

icon_bump.gif Sunday morning icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
BTW: the above bump was at 9:14 am CST. biggrin.gif
lotus_65
i'll have my 6-year-old in tow dancing.gif hearts.gif ,
and maybe my oldest son (16). ninja.gif
iamchappy
You guys cant party without me..... i cant be in two places at one time.

This sucks!
lotus_65
not to wine.gif , but that's why i like to schedule for sunday afternoons.
kinda tag it to the end of the weekend and hope the peeps can finish honey-do lists, or elect to come home from the cabin early.

but that's just me.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Oct 7 2007, 09:28 AM) *

You guys cant party without me..... i cant be in two places at one time.

This sucks!

Where ya huntin Chap?
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif Just checkin on ya bra-da.. (Watching Dog)
akellym
I'm having some shirts made for our little event. If you want one I'll will have them on the 20th. I have only two sizes made L and XL.

Any thoughts on a name for our gathering?
rick 918-S
That's cool!

Well if it were any later in the year we could call it the North Central Region (unless that region name is spoken for) " Snow Down" biggrin.gif (Like Ho Down) only we have a snow bunny with snow drifts posing next to our 914's instead of a Cow gurl with hay bails..

Any car-toonists out there want to draw that for me? I don't even care if we use it. I just want to see it... happy11.gif

Ya hey we need to come up wit a region name and an event title. Ya You betcha!
minndodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 10 2007, 07:46 AM) *

That's cool!

Well if it were any later in the year we could call it the North Central Region (unless that region name is spoken for) " Snow Down" biggrin.gif (Like Ho Down) only we have a snow bunny with snow drifts posing next to our 914's instead of a Cow gurl with hay bails..

Any car-toonists out there want to draw that for me? I don't even care if we use it. I just want to see it... happy11.gif

I am going to do my best to be there. It will probally end up just being me unless I can talk one of the kids in to going with me.

Stephen
rick 918-S
QUOTE(minndodger @ Oct 10 2007, 07:42 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 10 2007, 07:46 AM) *

That's cool!

I am going to do my best to be there. It will probally end up just being me unless I can talk one of the kids in to going with me.

Stephen

I hear Kyle (Kelly's co-pilot) has lots of video games.

Your on the list, let us know if you can firm up your plans.
rick 918-S
Bumped for the day! I'm outta here! bye1.gif
aircooledboy
I would love the break, but one of my partners is getting married that day. (You guys should check my firm web site. Annie's HOT!!!! smile.gif )
rick 918-S
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Oct 12 2007, 05:53 PM) *

I would love the break, but one of my partners is getting married that day. (You guys should check my firm web site. Annie's HOT!!!! smile.gif )

Link..? shades.gif
lotus_65
i already checked her out... pretty fine.

http://www.sreenan-cain.com/Bio/AnneVecchio.asp
Phoenix-MN
I'll be there (Also sent pm)

Paul
rick 918-S
Great to see you will make it Paul!

I just updated the list on the first page.

Here's the stats: Maybe's 4 Yes including possible kids 10!

Any fence riders leaning closer to the yes side?

Kelly posted he is having shirts made.

Sandy and I are bring the meat.

This is an informal gathering. 914 are not required. Hell we could have snow by then. Hell, we did have snow in Thief River Falls already!

Hey Bruce! Any luck on that border crossing? flag.gif
GWN7
I ordered new ones the Friday of the RRC. I'm going to go down there Monday to see if my smiling face will make the difference in speeding up the process. Will know then if my famous potatoe salad will make a apperance. smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 13 2007, 05:30 PM) *

I ordered new ones the Friday of the RRC. I'm going to go down there Monday to see if my smiling face will make the difference in speeding up the process. Will know then if my famous potatoe salad will make a apperance. smile.gif

Good Luck Buddy! What if we all meet you at the border and vouch for you? idea.gif Oh maybe that wouldn't be sucha good idea... huh.gif Your on your own! laugh.gif
rick 918-S
Bumped off the 2nd page! icon_bump.gif
warrenoliver
I am an official NO GO. sad.gif
The wife is on call this weekend and no sitter, so I will be stuck inside watching football all day. Supposed to be a nice weekend too. headbang.gif

Warrenonliver
lotus_65
what can i bring?

i have a great pasta dish if that sounds good...
akellym
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Oct 16 2007, 12:30 PM) *

what can i bring?

i have a great pasta dish if that sounds good...

If it's the one we had at your house, it sounds great!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Oct 16 2007, 07:46 AM) *

I am an official NO GO. sad.gif
The wife is on call this weekend and no sitter, so I will be stuck inside watching football all day. Supposed to be a nice weekend too. headbang.gif

Warrenonliver

Sorry to hear it. Your officially off the list. huh.gif See ya next time! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.