Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Helping my back while working brakes, wheels, etc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
How many times have you been working on the suspension or wheels on your car and have to put things on the ground and then bend over to pick them up? Well I have a really bad back so I have been looking around for an adjustable tray that I could roll around and adjust up and down.

I couldn't find one that went low enough so I made one.

Here is what I started with:

1) cake pan
IPB Image

2) adjustable seat
IPB Image

Adding 1 and 2 you get
IPB Image
IPB Image

Now I get to use it while doing a brake job on the Durango.
(edited to show it in use)
IPB Image

Mike
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif Nice work.
mikelsr
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Oct 6 2007, 02:58 PM) *

aktion035.gif Nice work.

Thanks
angerosa
Yes - i like it too! I need one. A rolloing, adjustable height tool bench.
Jeff Hail

Apply for a copyright and patent then call the pedestal maker and cut a deal.
Nice job. I like it and I bet it is much less cost than the industrial suppliers models that do not go that low. Just dont hit the lever when you have a bunch of small parts sitting on the tray. I actually think I might make one. I have that same Craftsman roller seat. Just couldnt justify the $189 SnapOn was asking for the same seat with just a different name on it.
mikelsr
Thanks for your comments.

From what I hear it is quite expensive to apply for a patent but I may look into it. As far as copyrights go I don't think this fits the requirements. I think it does fit the patent requirements though.

I got this list through the government website on copyright. The site redirected me to the about.com copyrights

1. literary works;
2. musical works, including any accompanying words
3. dramatic works, including any accompanying music
4. pantomimes and choreographic works
5. pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works
6. motion pictures and other audiovisual works
7. sound recordings
8. architectural works

The cost of the project was about $50.00 ($35 for stool, $10 for 2 pans, taxes and hardware). I bought the adjustable stool, cake/cookie pans from Sam's Club and the hardware (washers and nuts) at the local hardware store. If I could have bought this for $50.00 I would have in a minute.

If I didn't already have the craftsman seat I would buy the one I converted to the parts stand. Having an adjustable seat would be another way to help my back.

Mike
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Oct 7 2007, 12:22 AM) *
Apply for a copyright and patent then call the pedestal maker and cut a deal.
Nice job. I like it and I bet it is much less cost than the industrial suppliers models that do not go that low. Just dont hit the lever when you have a bunch of small parts sitting on the tray. I actually think I might make one. I have that same Craftsman roller seat. Just couldnt justify the $189 SnapOn was asking for the same seat with just a different name on it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.