Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need help with distributor installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J9146
Can some one post a picture of a stock 2.0 distributor in the motor?
I am having trouble with condenser hitting the tin so I can't adjust the timing.
I set up drive gear from the book to 12 degrees.
jk76.914
Try moving each wire one location left or right, and then turning the body 90 degrees in the opposite direction and see if you can land in a better position. Sorry no pics. Maybe later.
Jim
Spoke
Hope these help.
jasons
Your dizzy drive may still not be indexed correctly. You can gingerly re-index the drive by inserting something into it and pulling it up and index it to where it needs to be. I did it with a 1/4" socket headed allen bit on an extension. I don't remember the size, but it was SAE not metric. It fit pretty snug in the hole in the center of the drive. I just put it in there, torqued it enough for it to get a grip, pulled up and rotated the drive one or two teeth.

I would think moving the plug wires could be a problem if you have DJet. Because, the trigger points in the dizzy wouldn't be in sync with the ignition order.
J9146
Thanks Jerry when I pulled the condenser off I forgot it was attached to the vacuum advance instead of the wire hold down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.