Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got some new suspension bits from a friend!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Here are some new 914 suspension bits that I got in the mail today. Check out the pics.
hwgunner
beerchug.gif
hwgunner
poke.gif
McMark
Very cool!
TimT
Looks like replacements for the front upper strut mounts
hwgunner
QUOTE(TimT @ Oct 11 2007, 11:47 PM) *

Looks like replacements for the front upper strut mounts

I just realized that there really is nothing in the pictures to give a clue to the size. I will fix that tomorrow with another picture. beer.gif
TimT
then they could be spherical mounts for the rear shocks (upper mount)
hwgunner
slap.gif
QUOTE(TimT @ Oct 11 2007, 11:54 PM) *

Aaron Cox
front monoball kits?
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(TimT @ Oct 11 2007, 11:53 PM) *

agree.gif
I've seen those on Chris Foley's web page, or ones that look just like them. Either by themselves or in conjunction with other mods they were used to raise the rear suspension geometry for lowered racers.
hwgunner
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Oct 12 2007, 11:41 AM) *

agree.gif
I've seen those on Chris Foley's web page, or ones that look just like them. Either by themselves or in conjunction with other mods they were used to raise the rear suspension geometry for lowered racers.

Not Chris's. these are Tarett Engineering. 914 Monoball rear shock mounts. They mount with the red part in the shock housing and the nut on top. they will not interfere in the mounting of the targa top in the trunk. They will rais ethe car just a hair in the rear but I will measure on my car before I replace and give a better quantitative overview once I get them installed. If you look close these had to be modified and have a little shaved off the top gold portion. This will be corrected for the first real production run. Keep your eyes peeled as I will probably be spear heading an "Introductory Offer" available right here for 914world members. driving.gif
majkos
popcorn[1].gif
Lou W
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Oct 14 2007, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Oct 12 2007, 11:41 AM) *

agree.gif

Not Chris's. these are Tarett Engineering. 914 Monoball rear shock mounts. They mount with the red part in the shock housing and the nut on top. they will not interfere in the mounting of the targa top in the trunk. They will rais ethe car just a hair in the rear but I will measure on my car before I replace and give a better quantitative overview once I get them installed. If you look close these had to be modified and have a little shaved off the top gold portion. This will be corrected for the first real production run. Keep your eyes peeled as I will probably be spear heading an "Introductory Offer" available right here for 914world members. driving.gif

I'll be watching, I have a set for the fronts and was wondering what they were going to do for the rears. popcorn[1].gif
RON S.

I want in on this,

$$$$$$please, do tell drooley.gif

Ron
angerosa
Excuse my ignorance but...

What do these do and why would I want them?
Aaron Cox
eliminates the rubber strut mounts.....

zero play, all energy is put into the chassis and the damper itself.

hard to 'performance tune' your suspension, when the rubber is not consistent every time
angerosa
Got it - Thanks - makes sense. no play, little stiffer.
majkos
How much? popcorn[1].gif
Chris Pincetich
If you're gonna work on a deal, can you also get fronts? beerchug.gif
Joe Ricard
Does not make anything firmer.
But does make the shock do it's job instantly. Hence you have a better control of the tire as it contacts the road.

Probably does not make the car lower either unless the upper spring perch is re-located.

Still have to over come the rubber bushing at the bottom of the shock.

Those pieces are dead sexy however.
hwgunner
Any other input for these?? drunk.gif
McMark
Offer them in a monochrome version. Red stands out a little more than I would like. I know, I know, it's a Tarrett signature. But I can't help how I feel. wink.gif thumb3d.gif
hwgunner
Mark, take a black sharpie to them like your car biggrin.gif .

Actually the red is up in the wheelwell. Cant see it very well from any angle dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.