Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will 911 headers fit a 914/6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
Will 911 headers fit a 914/6? I have found what I call "shorty" headers that came off a 911. By shorty I mean they exit fairly close in length to the last exhaust port and will need extensions to meet up with the muffler. I'm not concerned about the extensions but I am concerned if the headers themselves will fit? Help me out guys biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
Backwards!!

No!
Twystd1
Only if you are Chris Folley.

Clayton
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 16 2007, 02:53 PM) *

Backwards!!

No!

agree.gif

unless you're going for that sidepipe exhaust look ...
idea.gif Andy
rfuerst911sc
I was afraid of that. Oh well the search continues. Thanks
Jeffs9146
Hey, that gives me an idea for a Turbo set up! That could let you move the Turbo forward and avoid cutting the trunk. idea.gif

BMXerror
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 16 2007, 04:55 PM) *

Hey, that gives me an idea for a Turbo set up! That could let you move the Turbo forward and avoid cutting the trunk. idea.gif

THAT'S MY IDEA! Stay away! chair.gif ... J/k I don't have the money to turbo my teener anyway, so go right ahead. beerchug.gif
Mark D.
Cap'n Krusty
If you're interested, I have a set of 914/6 heat exchangers for sale ......... The Cap'n
rktmn247
These pix might clarify the problem. First is the 911 orientation and second would be in a 914.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

I think you would have clearance issues. Then if you flip them side to side and turn them around so they face the rear would'nt they interfere with the trailing arms. I believe I have also read on this site that the flange orientation would be wrong and that they would have to be cut off and rewelded to mate up correctly. If I have this wrong feel free to correct my thinking. idea.gif
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 16 2007, 07:11 PM) *

If you're interested, I have a set of 914/6 heat exchangers for sale ......... The Cap'n

Cap'n please PM me with info and pricing. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.