Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So who is going to Slits and Glenns all 914 swap meet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Twystd1
So how many of you nut cases are going...???????????????????

I go every year. I love the gig... Tis good times.

It's good to see the SoKal and MidCal guys in one place.

The food rocks. Parts are cheap if ya haggle. And best of all.

I get to pretend to fix stuff for 6 whole hours. (never works afterwords)

I'm bringing some stuff. What are you guys bringing...?????????

And Aaron. Bring your car...!!!!!!! I wanna drive it with the newest iteration of your engine.

And where the hell is Elllliot???? I haven't heard squat since he moved. I miss the OLD fart.

So who's going...???????

Cheers,
Clayton
craig downs
me
Aaron Cox
not drivable till it gets brakes and a tie rod end smile.gif

you got the day right this time (kaptkaos install day jab)

I will be there
craig downs
I should have your struts done tomorrow
KaptKaos
I should be there. It will be a little later in the morning, however.
bernbomb914
I will have to miss it because I will be coming home from Scottsdale sunday. If I can get here early enough I will stop by

Bernie
Twystd1
Bernie.... Are you sure your not 28 years old...??????????

And happy birthday ya nut case...... agree.gif drunk.gif

C
highways
Me, Dan, and T H O M A S are going.

I'm bringing:
rear reflector
electric trunk selinoid
monza muffler
shift knob
rear trunk lock
one used Hella front turn lense
one Hella side marker (think it's the driver side)
one dash vent
used stock rotors (rusty) if someone pm's me that they're interested
2.0 fuel pumps needing rebuild
steel bumpers from 73'
gas tank
rear koni shocks and springs
one (maybe two) KYB front shocks
one set 73' seat belts
triangle window glass
passenger rear view mirror with small ding and broken glass (ubber cheap)
strikingly OEM simular drain tube material, new
front brakes (need rebuild)
fairly nice rear chrome bump (has one rust bubble and mild ding... but pretty unoticable for daily driver) pm me if interested since I have to remove it
other goodies I can't remember
Dan is bringing multiple new modern headlights (Hella I think) at below retail

I'm shopping for:
interior rear view mirror
5 lug fuchs
rear brakes (rebuilt)
fog light grills
fog light switch
sunvisor mount hardware
mounting clips for large rear targa trim piece (someone please bring these! I'll pay double what they're worth biggrin.gif )
tan carpet
trailing arms
passenger steel rocker panel
tweed brown floor mats
73' 2.0 heat exchangers in great shape or SS
triad muffler
heater hoses

I might run out of room in the car... so if you're interested in any of the larger items specifically- pm me so I can be sure to bring it.

I'm also bringing a professional female dancer who's going to help me get low prices from certain vendors.
bdstone914
Me and My son wes will be there with plenty of junk.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(highways @ Oct 17 2007, 04:32 AM) *

Me, Dan, and T H O M A S are going.

I'm bringing:

one set 73' seat belts

I need to replace my passenger belt. PM me how much you want.

thx
Rotary'14
I'll be there.

Looking for;
CV circlips and washers (2 sets).
Front right hard brake line (clipped to underside of car) and fittings near master cylinder.

-Rob
Brando
I'll be there, bringing beer and tools with me if anyone wants a hand working on their car.
jim_hoyland
I'll be there in early am.
dlo914
i'll be there w/ shirts to sell smile.gif
Twystd1
So who the hell else is coming????

C'mon guys and girls. We gotta know how many cows to kill.

And I am bringing a sawzall and MANY blades. Just in case Slits gets a little testy. Then we will cut up his car to make him pipe down.

So where the hell is Elliot....??????????

OH... Does anyone need a complete 2.0 or a 1.7 engine? I have spares for sale if ya need em. Complete with HEs. (Unknown condition, they turn freely)

Also have tons of small parts. Just PM me if ya need em.

Clayton
gdonahoe
Planning to show up with a pair of seats and few other odds and ends.

Gary
Twystd1
I am also bringing a pair of Fake Fuchs for a friend that needs em.

Anyone need any body parts...???

Clayton
levonfarra
I'll be there. I am looking for a targa top in very good condition and 73 chrome bumpers (for a reasonable price) and maybe one very nice Fuch.

Levon

biggrin.gif
spunone
So Sorry to miss the event of the year but I'll be up north in Oakland to watch my RAIDERS. so remember buy hi sell low happy11.gif
Twystd1
Can someone PLEASE bring a Playboy Bunny for me....????

I need one more to make a complete set.

Must be able to remove chrome off of early bumpers.
And understand that in a verbal debate.
Tit for Tat means something totally different.
Must have complete trim rings and proper tailshaft concentricity for old shaft install. New lube required. NOT SWEPCO...!!!!!!

Bring em if'n ya got em.

Thanks for my time.

Clayton
gdonahoe
Sorry Clayton that part is NLS.
Allan
I'll be there.

Prolly around when the food is ready... chowtime.gif
SECHSER
hi guys, this will be my first time and i'm looking forward to this. i have some left over parts from my 73:

*3 months old 17mm master cylinder (installed it before my car got wrecked)
*steering colum with new turn signal switch and good wiper switch
*front calipers
*good used steel braided brake lines
*passenger side inside door handle/ bottom cover
*911 cherry bomb exhaust (dunno what brand)
*(1970) driver side door glass and triangle glass
*horns
*brake fluid reservor
*fuse box w cover
*relay box
*glove box and cover
*ash tray
*pair of american tail lights (one is cracked)
*the weird black can for gas fume
*one side marker (pass side i think..)
*interior fan
*type 4 intake gaskets (new in empi package)
* a set of fake fuchs 2 15x7 2 15x8 nicely powder coated in black BUT!! THEY'RE NOT PORSCHE PATTERN.. not 5x130mm but mayby 5x4.75 chevy?? dunno confused24.gif
i also have some left over vw stuff.. not sure if i should bother to take them with me..
vw stuff:
*stinger w/o baffle
*weber idf intakes (to vw dp heads)
*dual carb breather box with hoses (brand new)
*early scirocco steering wheel
*200mm cluth and pressure plate (german)
*009 dizzy with rotor and cover (no guts)

i think i could manage to fit them all in my sechser. and a scheisse load of spaten optimators beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Twystd1
Spaten Optimators....

Have you tried Munich Okto???

Clayton
computers4kids
I'm planning on coming...with 8 seats, most free...handful are already spoken for and a couple are worth something. Haven't decided if I want to load up a pile of parts...at least a box or two too pay for the gas down. It's hard to know what to get rid of when you have two projects in a zillion pieces. confused24.gif

Hopefully, Jim Hoyland will be busy with the burgers so I can unbolt his Getty Dash.

Does anyone have a replacement rear trunk panel by tailights?
SECHSER
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Oct 17 2007, 07:00 PM) *

Spaten Optimators....

Have you tried Munich Okto???

Clayton

munich okto? i'd love to!! i heard southern german beer is suppose to be the best (and i like BMW's too) you're gonna bring some right? beer3.gif
Lou W
Crap....work got in the way........ I'll be heading down to So Kal on the 25th sad.gif I'm gonna miss this one.
Elliot Cannon
I'll bring the Screaming Yellow Zonker.
highways
Oh shoot, Elliots going? I'm not going anymore.

bootyshake.gif

laugh.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 17 2007, 09:47 PM) *

I'll bring the Screaming Yellow Zonker.
How much you asking for it Elliot? tongue.gif

I don't own enough 914 s#it to sell or trade anything yet, so I'm bringing an empty pick up truck & a bunch of cardboard boxes biggrin.gif

NEED (2.0L Stuff):

Misc Engine Parts:

Fairly Complete FI system/parts (Ron?)
Front & Rear Tins
Left/Front Cylinder Tin
Oil Filler Assy
Air Flap Assy
Distributor Clamp

Desire:

Headers? smile.gif
SLITS
I won't be there sad.gif , but I hear Ron smoke.gif & Professor 914 sawzall-smiley.gif are gonna show.
Twystd1
Holy SHIT...

Ellyut is gunna be there... YEAH..

For those of you that don't know Elliot. This guy drives with the top off even when it's raining. And he doesn't have to.....

He lives these cars like they should be lived......

And his even run. I don't relate... at all......

So who the hell else is coming...?????

Clayton
Brando
Slight revision... I be comin sans the beir. No monies sad.gif

Still needing an (unchopped) seat and a pair of heater flapper boxes.

Bringing my tools. Maybe someone needs some work done in exchange for parts??

~Brando (might as well be a beggar)
ahdoman
I'm trying to rally the Santa Clarita contingent. If I get 'em all it's me, Rick (2-Oh), AndyS, Dave & Mike D. I'll be bringing a couple of misc. parts;
- Anza (?) exhaust Slits gave me to try (no fit, thanks anyway Ron)
- Black driving light grills
- Silver painted blank out driving light grills
- Fuse Panel (sorry, no cover)
- 050 rotor & cap (new)
- 009 distributor
- fake (EBay type) Pertronix unit (new)
- 2 "bullet" style mirrors
- 1.8 / 1.7 OEM plug wire set (new)
- Misc. Seat belt parts
- Very nice LE style valance (aftermarket glass)

What I need is...
- Clean 2.0 H.E.'s or stainless
- Banana muffler for 2.0
- No tits front chrome bumper
rmital
...going to make one of these meets...hopefully the next. As long as Glenn offers up some space for me to crash for the night. (and if I could find a cheap flight)

~post some pics afterwards so I know what to expect!
TonyAKAVW
I'll be there. I will be selling a bunch of random parts, including an early style sharp-corner chrome bumper

-Tony
So.Cal.914
Slipped in to say I will not be there, still in NJ. dry.gif sad.gif 70's here today, walked in

a grassy medow...barefoot. I hear this is uncommon for here, this time of year.

I know you are disappointed Ron(yeah right), but it can't be helped. Uncle still sick.

You all have a good time, and Ron, give Toastie a BIG hug and kiss for me. smile.gif
highways
I've got a modern Blauplunkt Cd player I'm bringing too.
euro911
QUOTE(highways @ Oct 18 2007, 10:42 PM) *

I've got a modern Blauplunkt Cd player I'm bringing too.

PM sent ...
Twystd1
Hmmmm. Anyone need a side shift trans...????????

I think it is good. But I don't really remember. So it's a core trans. Cheap

C
Brando
I got 2 amps and a pair of (supposedly) high-end speakers i'll let go for cheap -- will bring them with.

Got a good PP and Clutch I may shill out cheap as well.
SLITS
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Oct 19 2007, 12:15 AM) *

Hmmmm. Anyone need a side shift trans...????????

I think it is good. But I don't really remember. So it's a core trans. Cheap

C

Hmmmmm .... I'll take it as BJ needs one .... now remember, your definition of cheap and my definition of cheap may be worlds' apart biggrin.gif
computers4kids
I have a sideshifter that I recently shipped to Texas and FedEx broke a mounting ear...so they shipped it backed to me. This transmission will meet everyone's defintion of "cheap."

Things I question whether to bring or not?
Does anyone need a set of 72 rotors...possibly to drill for a 5 lug?
1.8 core engine...I think it dropped a valve...?
Rear windows?
Dash frame with attached cracked dash?
targa top?
75 front and rear bumpers?

2-OH!
For those of us that are directionally and L.A. freeway challanged, along with sometimers disease (sometimes I can remember and sometimes I can't)...Would it be a good idea to post the wherebouts of this little suware'...Maybe even directions...

2-OH!
G e o r g e
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Oct 19 2007, 09:41 AM) *

For those of us that are directionally and L.A. freeway challanged, along with sometimers disease (sometimes I can remember and sometimes I can't)...Would it be a good idea to post the wherebouts of this little suware'...Maybe even directions...

2-OH!

All of the info you are looking for

driving.gif chowtime.gif beer3.gif poke.gif driving.gif
2-OH!
Sorry guys, but my password and sign in don't work at NARP anymore...Dunnno why, they just don't...Password retrieval doesn't help either...

2-OH!
G e o r g e
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Oct 19 2007, 12:29 PM) *

Sorry guys, but my password and sign in don't work at NARP anymore...Dunnno why, they just don't...Password retrieval doesn't help either...

2-OH!

From Slits

Ah yes, it is that time of year again ..... temperatures drop, sun goes away and babies are created. So, in light of that, this is the first official announcement of the

G & R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET AND ANIMAL FLESH RAOSTING FESTIVAL - OCTOBER 21, 2007

It will again be held in beautiful, smog free, almost uptown Riverside, CA. Oxygen and SCBA appartus are optional.

Rules are the same as all the rest of them. Anyone violating the rules will be violated.

Bee here or bee square (there's your bee joke Rubberboy).

Further information as soon as I feel like posting again .... I'm trying to withdraw.

Se habla espanol ....

The Premire Event of The Year ..... The G & R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival. It has been decided that the date shall be:

SUNDAY, October 21, 2007

As always, gates will open at 6:30 AM. Flesh Roasting to begin somewhere around 10 AM. We ask for a $5.00 donation to help pay for the food/drinks and the drugs we need to calm us down.

Directions as promised:

The property is located basically at the intersection of the 60 Frwy and the 215/91 Frwys in Riverside. Due to the construction of a new mixmaster to handle the traffic to Moron Valley....you have to kinda work the off ramps..

If you are coming from Westlake Village and all points North and East somewhat)....find your way to the 60 Frwy eastbound.....For those of you that will use the 210 or 10...go south on the 15 to the 60. As you approach Riverside and before the 91/215 intersection, get off at Main Street and turn right. Go to the first signal (Spruce) and turn left. Go 3 stop signs, cross the RR tracks and you will see a small sign "Kansas Ave". Due to the construction, Kansas is closed at the RR and you need to go around a building to get to it. Make a right at the sign...make a right at the next stop sign....make a left at the next stop sign.....immediately to your right is the front gate of The Recycler Core Company...it will be closed...continue until you see an opening in the fence...that's the back gate....and that's where you want to be.....Remember. if your car is low to cross the gate track on the far left.

From Vegas.....down the 215...past the 10.....to the 60 Westbound....get off on Main street (1st exit real close). At top of ramp (stop sign) turn left....go to second stop sign (Spruce) and turn left....the rest of the directions are above.

From San Diego....come up the 15 and take the 215 North split around Temecula...215 all the way to where it joins the 60 in Moron Valley....down the hill in the 60/215 past UCR....to the Blaine/3rd Street Off ramp...GET OFF....turn left at the signal and go to about the 3rd light (Kansas)....turn right...., cross a set of RR tracks and look immediately to left for open gate....

From the OC and Corona (no BFs allowed)...come up the 91....get off (the freeway) at Spruce Street (last exit prior to the 60 Frwy)...turn right....continue thru 1st signal ....across RR and look immediately right for a sign that says "Kansas Ave" .... Kansas is blocked off at Spruce and you have to go around Howard Industries to get to Kansas .... lMake a right at the sign...make a right at the next stop sign....make a left at the next stop sign.....immediately to your right is the front gate of The Recycler Core Company...it will be closed...continue until you see an opening in the fence...that's the back gate....and that's where you want to be.....Remember. if your car is low to cross the gate track on the far left.

Happy travels..........

Cell Phone for Slits & Ron .... (951) 751-3584
Cell Phone for Glenn .... (951) 203-1418
Cell Phone for Professor 914 ....(090) 0U8-12IC
skline
I will be out there Claytonobitch as you already know. I have PM'd a few people who posted up things I by chance need. Hopefully I can afford them come Sunday. If anyone needs anything, I have a complete 72 car here with just about everything on it including 1.7 and tail shift trans. Let me know and I might be able to remove it and bring it with me.

See you all out there!
sixnotfour
George, thats my poc badge pic from Samba , do you have one to sell me?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 19 2007, 02:44 PM) *

George, thats my poc badge pic from Samba , do you have one to sell me?

No, none for sale I want one too beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

I do have one of these available laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.