Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brown paper heater hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Scott S
Hi All -
I like the look of the vintage brown paper heater hose (mine are a black plastic). Where is the best place to find this - is it still available?
Scott S
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Oct 22 2007, 12:17 PM) *

Hi All -
I like the look of the vintage brown paper heater hose (mine are a black plastic). Where is the best place to find this - is it still available?

This stuff....
Pat Garvey
I will speak ONLY to 1972 late models. It should be the black plastic flexible hose. Paper in the front, but only there.

Pat
Ferg
Scott, Conway said he could still order it... I need to bug him anyhow because I need some for my front trunk. I think it comes in 3 foot sections. Want me to double my order?

Ferg
Eric_Shea
Want me to double my order?

Yes. wink.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 22 2007, 10:36 PM) *

Want me to double my order?

Yes. wink.gif

I need to go there tomorrow anyhow, and have a scrap piece that I'll bring. Conway says he has some on the shelf, if it's the same, I'll snag it and find out where he gets it from.

Ferg
Eric_Shea
I'm in the same boat... front trunk. Only the drivers side, everything else is perfect. confused24.gif
jonferns
would it be the same for the 74 front trunk...because I am in desperate need for new ones

anyone know where i can source them?

-JON
1970 Neun vierzehn
All,
AA shows several different types of heater hose on their 'net site, it might be worth talking with them about exactly what you are looking for.

Paul
Cap'n Krusty
Black plastic was original. It's relatively thin material, and corrugated for most of its length, the exception being at each end, where the clamps go to secure it over the metal (or molded plastic) fittings. Paper hose is NOT original or correct for heater hose in the engine compartment of the 4 cylinder cars. It can be found, however, in a smaller diameter as part of the thermostatic intake air pre-heat apparatus on the 1972 engines.

The Cap'n
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 30 2007, 08:24 PM) *

Black plastic was original. It's relatively thin material, and corrugated for most of its length, the exception being at each end, where the clamps go to secure it over the metal (or molded plastic) fittings. Paper hose is NOT original or correct for heater hose in the engine compartment of the 4 cylinder cars. It can be found, however, in a smaller diameter as part of the thermostatic intake air pre-heat apparatus on the 1972 engines.

The Cap'n

Agree with the thermo intake pre-heat pipe, but it was black (not brown) paper, and I'm pretty sure it was aluminized on the inside.
Pat
Eric_Shea
I need to go there tomorrow anyhow, and have a scrap piece that I'll bring. Conway says he has some on the shelf, if it's the same, I'll snag it and find out where he gets it from.

Any luck?
Ferg
sorry, I sorta forgot chair.gif

I'll get there this week.

Ferg
Ferg
OK, so sounds like this stuff is no longer in the normal channels, and has been replaced with the aluminum looking crappy stuff.

I am hoping to get my hands on as much as I can though, I "think" I found some leftovers. Will keep you guys posted.

Ferg
Ferg
OK, found a source, it's not NOS, but OE made in Germany. It looks exactly like the stuff in the photo of 1970 Neun vierzehn's resto.

Brown paper outside, silver foil inside.

Comes in 1 meter sections

27.50 each, no shipping charge to me. add shipping from me to you.

It's my understanding that 7 or so 1 meter sections are available, and once they are gone confused24.gif

I am getting two for myself.

Anyone else? PM me by Thursday.

Ferg
JeffBowlsby
I am in Mike. I need enough for 2 cars, front trunk only. I presume one 1-meter length will do 1 car both sides? I ahve not measufred them. If so, I am in for two lengths. Let me know payment details.
Ferg
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 13 2007, 03:19 PM) *

I am in Mike. I need enough for 2 cars, front trunk only. I presume one 1-meter length will do 1 car both sides? I ahve not measufred them. If so, I am in for two lengths. Let me know payment details.

Not sure if one section will cover the front trunk, that's what I need it for as well. If you measure let us know. I won't be able to look at my own car tonight.

got you down for two.

Ferg
Eric_Shea
1 for me please..
davep
1 for me please.
Ferg
OK so with 2 for myself, that brings the count to 6.

Say tomorrow noon is the cut off, to get the order in.

Ferg
Ferg
OK, Hose should be in tomorrow... I ordered 7.

The "but" is I'm leaving for MI tomorrow as well. Dave, Eric Jeff ect, I hope you can wait till after the 26th for me to ship...

Speaking of that, those that requested one, PM me your address and I will figure out shipping and totals.

Ferg
Ferg
I have not forgot about you guys...

still trying to find appropriate packaging that does not cost $$

Ferg.
Eric_Shea
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif of the camper.
Ferg
2005 Fleetwood Utah (this one is not mine, I don't have ac)
Can't wait for next summer piratenanner.gif
davep
My hose arrived today. Many thanks.
Ferg
QUOTE(davep @ Dec 14 2007, 02:12 PM) *

My hose arrived today. Many thanks.

Cool, you were the last one...

Now you have all been "hosed"

Ferg beerchug.gif
euro911
IPB Image

Clean engine bay smile.gif ...

My wife's '71 has the black plastic ones in her engine bay. I'm fairly certain they're the originals.

The two under the car are an orange-ish color, appear to be rubberized?, and need replaced dry.gif ... (know of any good sources?) unsure.gif

The rest up front are paper including the risers behind the speaker pods in the footwells.

I took the h/e's out of my '75 and run an electric heater biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.