Full Version: WCR 2008
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914werke
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Nov 2 2007, 02:03 PM) *

When?? confused24.gif

Next Year biggrin.gif

QUOTE(drew365 @ Nov 3 2007, 04:39 PM) *

My experience from helping Howard plan '05 was you can't please everyone so don't try. Plan the best event you can and hope the majority have a good time.

I was at that event and all I can say is I hope we can do as good a Job as Howard.
It was Great beer.gif
ConeDodger
I have taken the first step in preparing to go to the WCR 08 in Seattle Washington. I found it on the map. It is in the upper left hand corner right next to lots of blue stuff... blink.gif
You should start your planning too!!! cheer.gif

drunk.gif bye1.gif
greenie
Just a little update on the Ramble...

We had our second planning meeting on Tuesday, a great turn-out with Dan Root (Rootwerkes) and his wife Michelle, Jon ( Blood Red 914-6GT ) Rich (redauenhauer) Randy (RAND) & Geoff ( Bleyseng) making the meeting.

We are working on some very cool features but ....

" the dates of this event have not been determined "

Just a few teasers:

Dan is working with WESCO Paint Supply in Totem Lake , he thinks he can get us all 15% off on POR15 ( Dan normally buys in bulk) Just mention "Dan".

Either Rand Or Blood Red ( I can't remember ) is working on 15% discount on table dances at "Ricks" on Lake City Way. Just mention their name for the discount on every third dance...

Geoff is thinking about ways to increase efficiency on his MPS tester....

Rich is still trying to find my house....

We are giving it our best efforts but it is raining and we're watching the Huskies kick the crap out of Cal.

Greenie bye1.gif
Bleyseng
maybe we should use Rick's Cafes parking lot for the event! cheer.gif
dinomium
did you 'help' pay for the extra parking?
lol!
orange914
what area around seattle will it most likely be held, i lived in richmond beach as a teener err... teen ager.
ConeDodger
This is an official WCR 2008 Announcement. There will be no discussion of politics allowed in the WCR vicinity. Come and have fun... icon_bump.gif
jimtab
How did they let YOU become an official spokesman for the WCR 2008? I thought you were a Kalifornian like me..... biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Because he's cool like that.... Well, I guess. I don't really know him, but he seems like a good guy biggrin.gif Besides, if not him then who?
ablose58
I may be teenerless but I will be there if you don't mind a lone shark showing up ? laugh.gif AL
Bleyseng
QUOTE(ablose58 @ Nov 20 2007, 04:41 AM) *

I may be teenerless but I will be there if you don't mind a lone shark showing up ? laugh.gif AL

What! Did you sell your 914? mad.gif
rhodyguy
al sealed the deal last summer at the historics in portland. got REAL good money for it too!!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 20 2007, 06:54 AM) *

al sealed the deal last summer at the historics in portland. got REAL good money for it too!!

ohmy.gif Holy C#@p! I wub.gif that car! Glad you did well on the sale Al. Hope your looking for a replacement. aktion035.gif driving.gif
rhodyguy
al is a 928 guy now. 0 time for low rent 914s. he prefers paying stupid money for his parts.

k
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jimtab @ Nov 19 2007, 07:24 PM) *

How did they let YOU become an official spokesman for the WCR 2008? I thought you were a Kalifornian like me..... biggrin.gif

Some anonomous person (Greenie) asked me to be the cheerleader for the event... I am hoping to raise my post count and be cool like SirAndy and McMark! biggrin.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 20 2007, 02:23 PM) *

QUOTE(jimtab @ Nov 19 2007, 07:24 PM) *

Some anonomous person (Greenie) asked me to be the cheerleader for the event... I am hoping to raise my post count and be cool like SirAndy and McMark! biggrin.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Oh....that's very different....never mind. Cheer on!
computers4kids
Seattle...I'm in! Hopefully, if it has to be in August..it's early. Now, how am I going to get my 5th wheel and 914 up north at the same time? I surely don't want to follow my RV idea.gif
PeeGreen 914
I think we are thinking more of June/ July ish.. Nothing for sure, but those were the popular months that would help us do what we would like to do with the weather being 914 weather.
ablose58
NAH, I am still a 914 guy at heart biggrin.gif I will be looking for a substitute teener after winter driving.gif I kinda regret letting kermit go but the price was right piratenanner.gif AL
914werke
Keep me in mind Al If all goes as planned gotta let ol Yeller go
since the Creamsicle should be done for this event (crossed fingers)
DNHunt
Rich

This should be the coming out party for the car. Maybe we could get DaveP and Bowlsby up here to see it. If Ed Morrow and Dave Darling came we'd have a lot of 914 knowledge in the area.

We might have to arrange a Turtle girl print as a christening of sorts. Late night sports and all.

Dave

ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Can we go to the Space Noodle? Lets cut it up for parts! sawzall-smiley.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Nov 21 2007, 01:42 PM) *

Rich

This should be the coming out party for the car. Maybe we could get DaveP and Bowlsby up here to see it. If Ed Morrow and Dave Darling came we'd have a lot of 914 knowledge in the area.

We might have to arrange a Turtle girl print as a christening of sorts. Late night sports and all.

Dave

Lets get Jenny to do a hood print!
greenie
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 21 2007, 02:00 PM) *

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Can we go to the Space Noodle? Lets cut it up for parts! sawzall-smiley.gif

Mr. Conedodger,

You've taken cheerleading to a new level!

I think the "Space Noodle" is an excellent idea! agree.gif

Greenie
PeeGreen 914
I worked at the Needle when I was 20 as a server, and when it is windy up there is can move up to 15 feet in either direction. Very fun in a big wind storm, but not too many people like to be up there eating. biggrin.gif
championgt1
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 20 2007, 02:16 PM) *

al is a 928 guy now. 0 time for low rent 914s. he prefers paying stupid money for his parts.

k

What?? Oh no he has gone to the waterpumpers. Oh wait I also have a 924.
rhodyguy
the space needle is a $20 elevator ride these days.

k
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Nov 21 2007, 05:54 PM) *

I worked at the Needle when I was 20 as a server, and when it is windy up there is can move up to 15 feet in either direction. Very fun in a big wind storm, but not too many people like to be up there eating. biggrin.gif

I read that in a book about the Worlds Fair it was built for or was it the Olympics? Anyway, that is why I called it the Space Noodle!!!

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Eddie914
Maybe...

... we could get Alan Caldwell and Ralph Meaney to attend. They are both 914 notables and live in the Seattle area.

Eddie
ejm
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 21 2007, 11:51 PM) *

the space needle is a $20 elevator ride these days.

k

but the ride is free with dinner in the resturant at the top rolleyes.gif
is the monorail running again?
rhodyguy
i think the rail is operational again. you do get 2 trips up in a 24 hour period for your $20 tho. $16 for a single ride. if paul attends with his familiy this year it will only cost him $64 if both of his daughters are over 13. when the event date is picked you can make your reservations for dinner. wink.gif
Bleyseng
yeah its running now after the crash... blink.gif $4 for adults, $1.50 for kids

for the Space Needle its $16, $8 for kids....
ConeDodger
Wow Ralph Meaney? That would be great! What other celebrities live up there? I have heard the Bon Jovey does real estate up there???

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

Or was it Jon Bovey hmmm??? I have to check my sources...

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, I 've never heard that one before dry.gif av-943.gif

We have many great racing celebraties up here. Greg Fordahl, cheif engineer of Alex Job racing, lives up here. There are many others, but Ralph is most likely the most famous.
sixnotfour
Bruce Leven , Bayside Disposal , IMSA racer, has 2 962 and a Brumos 935 he raced , he recently repurchased. Fun guy to BS with.
may be able to tour the shop where his cars are. They have 2 other 935's also
I have heard the Bon Jovey does real estate up there???

So does Eric Estrada, although I see he pimpin Florida late night now.

Ralph M. no problem.
PeeGreen 914
That would be really cool. I have heard about Bruce Leven a bit, and I would love to see his cars.

Hi Jeff
jimtab
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 21 2007, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Nov 21 2007, 05:54 PM) *

I read that in a book about the Worlds Fair it was built for or was it the Olympics? Anyway, that is why I called it the Space Noodle!!!

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

1960 worlds fair, if memory serves....
Bleyseng
1962 Worlds Fair.... dry.gif
ConeDodger
I don't know why anyone can think about shopping or the holidays when WCR 2008 is coming to Seattle!!!

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 22 2007, 08:02 PM) *

1962 Worlds Fair.... dry.gif

Oops ....my bad...I lost a lot of brain cells in the 60s/70s....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.... biggrin.gif
SGB
You should blast up I-5 to Mt Vernon, then jump west on 536 to 20 on to Anacortes. Load up the san Juan ferry with 914s to Friday Harbor on san Juan Island. Then come back from Anacortes on 20 to Deception Pass- stop there- its a cool photo op too, Then on to Clinton on 525, catch the ferry over to Mukilteo then over to 5 and back to Seattle. I've done this route , but not in a 914, It was great.

Have fun!
rhodyguy
i've been giving this drive idea some deep thought. howsabout issaquah to sedro woolley via I-5 and turn right. across the north cascades hwy on 20 to pateros. turn left at pateros and back road it to colville. drop down to sprague on every farm sectioned back road we can find. catch I-90 and hightail it back to issaquah. it should only be in the high 90s to 105*+, once we crest the cascades.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.