Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2008
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
McMark
Okay Teeners! It's time to start thinking about the biggest west coast 914 event again. That's right, West Coast Ramble '08 is coming!

Our northwest member 'greenie', who also goes by Curt Nelson, and his wife Janet have offered to take up the planning and give us another great event. clap23.gif So start getting those cars ready for a trip to Seattle.

Look for upcoming details such as dates and some of the fun things we'll be doing.

And a big THANKS to them for stepping up to this monumental task. smiley_notworthy.gif cheer.gif

Curt can really use our help, so if you've got the time, and especially if you are in the PNW area, please click here to send him a PM and offer to help.
Allan
Seattle? blink.gif
jaminM3
When?? confused24.gif
andys
QUOTE(Headrage @ Nov 2 2007, 02:38 PM) *

Seattle? blink.gif

Better put in some new windshield wiper inserts laugh.gif

Andys
jim_hoyland
Cool . Any time picked out yet ?
So.Cal.914
Seattle? What happened to So Cal?

sheeplove.gif Whats that I feel?

Will this one be catering to the rich also?
mightyohm
Sweet!!

I love Seattle.
jaminM3
Google says 1135 miles each way for you SoCal guys. driving.gif chair.gif

867 for me... driving.gif sad.gif smile.gif
boxstr
If it just wasn't in the middle of nowhere you might get people to attend.
Good luck.
CCL
ConeDodger
Seattle is a great city! This should be fun...
Twystd1
It doesn't really rain that much in Seattle. About 37 inches per year.

But it is cloudy about 220 days per year. Hence the rainy perception.
Thanks Wikipedia...!!!!!!

Clayton
rick 918-S
1669 miles oneway. driving.gif 26 hrs nonstop. idea.gif
Chris Pincetich
That drive on the WCR 07 will be tough to beat. beerchug.gif
So, i better get working on my 914 NOW to be ready. OK, I'll really need to work on new cup holder so I can always have hot coffee, cause I'm in Seattle, right? The big question is do I get a cup holder for cruizin, track laps, or even autocross racin?? I hope to do all 3. biggrin.gif
Hey look, I still have WCR 07 in my avatar!
TravisNeff
1500 miles each way- ugh. But I haven't been home in almost 10 years, it'll be a good trip driving.gif
greenie
Hey Guys,

Keep the comments coming!

This is going to be alot of fun!

McMark said I'll need to get a thick skin. chair.gif

My only goal is to have as much fun as we did last year at WCR O7, a very lofty goal. smilie_pokal.gif

We have a great group of teeners in soggy Seattle, we will give it our best.

Greenie
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Nov 2 2007, 07:25 PM) *

Clayton

37 inches a year, but it's all in the week you're visiting ..................

The Cap'n
roadster fan
Google maps says 873 miles each way for me (13 Hrs 48 min). Hmmm, drive the 71 rough but driveable.......or haul ass and get the 73 with boxster 3.2 power running? What was the date again? huh.gif

I will say that I attended WCR 07 without a teener and had fun. My wife and I enjoyed sitting with Curt and Janet at dinner on the last night and I know they will put on a great event. Janet actually took my raffle prize (some Pelican stickers) and negotiated a three way deal that secured John Kelly's metal working DVD for me. Now that demonstrates skills aktion035.gif .50 stickers turned into a $40. DVD.

Either way you can count me and the wife in for 2008 in one of the cars, and anything I can do from the central coast of California to help smile.gif

If you have never been to Seattle, now is the time. And give me a date so I can get off work! poke.gif

Jim
DNHunt
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 2 2007, 09:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Nov 2 2007, 07:25 PM) *

Clayton

37 inches a year, but it's all in the week you're visiting ..................

The Cap'n

Not quite true Captain. It rains the day after we wash our cars. Any outdoor wedding, Any tee time, When the relatives visit. Any day off of work and as soon as the boat is in the water.

Ah but moss feels real good on bare feet.

Curt let me know if I can help.

Dave
JoeSharp
Thanks guys. This is good news.
Gary
Alright!

I was in Iraq for the 2007 (just got back 3 weeks ago) and blew a CV on the way to 2006. With 2008 local, maybe three's a charm! Things a busy at the hacienda right now, but should settle out. Let me know how I can pitch in.
rhodyguy
first ? is where will we be home basing out of? north end, east side, south end? coming out of the deep south on I-5, day one to willows or weed and a speed run on day 2 to the emerald city. lots of time to geat the yellow beast ready craig. joe, if you should roll up early i have plenty of room for neverland and a spare power outlet.

k
Bleyseng
Cool, PM sent. Lots of fun drives around here and AXing in Bremerton is interesting. We should hook up with the local PCA for the AX event.
rhodyguy
an irdc open track day at bremerton would provide way more seat time with the 3 or 4 15-20 minute sessions than the 180 seconds you get for your 8+ hours with the pca group.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 2 2007, 06:50 PM) *

Good luck.
CCL

I agree with whoever said that...Oh wait...It was me.

Why would you bypass Southern California, It has the weather, the cars, THE MONEY...Whatever.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Nov 3 2007, 08:44 AM) *

Why would you bypass Southern California, It has the weather, the cars, THE MONEY...Whatever.

Probably something like "nobody from down there got off their ass and volunteered to organize it".

In case you haven't noticed, this is a completely volunteer-run thing! If you want it to happen in So Cal, then step up and put it on!

--DD
McMark
av-943.gif

Right on Dave. thumb3d.gif I couldn't have said it better myself.
rhodyguy
there you go. hehe. I-5 is longer driving north.
Zaney
I think the reason we are having it up here in the 'Evergreen' State is that no one wants to see a burnt up moonscape from all the fires you all had. All that rain we have helps for something every once and a while (not rust though). stirthepot.gif
You really can't beat the weather up here in August! (The only month out of the year blink.gif )
Cheers to Greenie! smilie_pokal.gif
This news will hopefully keep my teener off jack stands until next winter. (Suby-time) silver914.jpg

Plus, where can you find two kick-ass breweries within a stones throw of one another (Mac & Jacks and Red Hook) bootyshake.gif beer.gif

This event will be the highlight of the year in Seattle since all of our local sports teams suck so bad. poke.gif

RAWK ON aktion035.gif

Nate

jimtab
AND, you have the JH Experience, and the whole buy a pass and go to a whole shitload of clubs in that one area....I partied like a rockstar down there one nite...great stuff. I'm in...can't wait. And Greenie...like the man said, your wife is a kick....
Allan
QUOTE(Zaney @ Nov 3 2007, 11:15 AM) *

You really can't beat the weather up here in August!

So is it gonna be in August?
fiid
sweet - I was hoping for Seattle at some point.

Will there be a drive around the Olympic peninsula?? (is that feasable?)

ConeDodger
It is said that those who lose sight of history are doomed to repeat it... We have had people complain about the location of every WCC and WCR since the beginning. Seattle is a great place. Think of it as an opportunity to see some place new. biggrin.gif
drew365
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 3 2007, 04:17 PM) *

It is said that those who lose sight of history are doomed to repeat it... We have had people complain about the location of every WCC and WCR since the beginning. Seattle is a great place. Think of it as an opportunity to see some place new. biggrin.gif

My experience from helping Howard plan '05 was you can't please everyone so don't try. Plan the best event you can and hope the majority have a good time.
porschecb
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 3 2007, 03:17 PM) *

Correction: "People who ignore the past, tend to repeat it"

Hi Rob!
porschecb
QUOTE(porschecb @ Nov 3 2007, 04:49 PM) *

Hi Rob!

Or! "People who live in the past tend to repeat themself"
Allan
Don't get me wrong. I think Seattle is probably going to be one of the nicest places for a 914 gathering.

If it is in fact in August, that gives alot of people time to plan. I for one, will make every effort to attend.

I love Seattle and so does the wife and daughter, so I have alot working in my favor.... happy11.gif
rhodyguy
in seattle proper there will be plenty of non car stuff for other family members to do. even something so mundane as a ferry boat ride across and back puget sound as a walk on. on a nice day i highly recommend it. first rate shopping and the other "tourist" attractions. there are lots of other nice drives without going over to the peninsula. plan extra days if you've never visited western washington. it sucks but you'll have a nice time. be prepared for pretty nice, polite people. NEVER plan anything before the 4th of july. june can be wonderful, or sweater/coat weather dry.gif . you'll understand why heat exchangers are a must for a daily driver.

ps, put on your wiper blades. wink.gif

k
mstein95
Now THAT would be a cool picture - a Washington State ferry full of 914s.
Greenie - book it.

clap56.gif
Rand
To the SoCal guys who are complaining: I understand that some of you won't be able to make the long journey up here. I completely relate - I desperately wanted to attend a past WCC event in SoCal, but was unable to because of the distance - so I get it.

But hey - average this thing out over a few years, and I figure most WCC/WCR/W?? events are more likely to favor your end of the coast.

More importantly, think outside the box look forward to seeing this beautiful part of the country. The weather here in the summer is perfect. You can expect high eighty temps and the "bluest skies you've ever seen." The scenery is SPECTACULAR. Be positive... You'll like it.

Thanks to everyone putting out the effort to make this happen.
smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng

Good luck.
CCL

We have in Seattle two of the biggest MONEY guys in the world...Bill and Paul plus Bill is a big Porsche nut.

Fiid, ya can drive around the Olympic Pen. but its a long trip.

I am hoping for a June date as it stays light until 10pm in June.
rhodyguy
bill gates does not live in seattle. don't know for sure on allen. i think he sold his private island in the san juans. bought large acreage on san juan.

k
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Nov 3 2007, 05:49 PM) *

Hi Rob!

No Michael, It's people who forget the past tend to drool a lot and live in care homes biggrin.gif How are Wanda and the kids? Thinking of making a run to Seattle?
JoeSharp
I talked to Andy and Mark at the RRC and told them that I could not come up with enough people to make an event of this size happen. I need more help than Alan and Albert. If we want to have and event in So Cal get some people together to form a committee to make it happen in 09 and I'll help. In 2010 I'll be retired in Florida.
dinomium
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 4 2007, 08:23 AM) *

Good luck.
CCL

We have in Seattle two of the biggest MONEY guys in the world...Bill and Paul plus Bill is a big Porsche nut.

Fiid, ya can drive around the Olympic Pen. but its a long trip.

I am hoping for a June date as it stays light until 10pm in June.

June is nice and coool, but late July has the least amount of rain July 29th is the driest day of the year, historically.

A drive thru the Tahuya State forest is incredible!
Lemme know if there is a committee for volunteering.

dino
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 3 2007, 11:55 AM) *

Probably something like "nobody from down there got off their ass and volunteered to organize it".

In case you haven't noticed, this is a completely volunteer-run thing! If you want it to happen in So Cal, then step up and put it on!

--DD

That would have been great, had I known anything about it. I guess I missed the

thread offering up this honor.

I just got back from NJ and I am now in the throws of getting my house ready to

sell. But I am sure that there are fellas in So Cal that would love to do it and

that would have the connections to get the sponsers needed to make it a great

event.
greenie
icon_bump.gif
Aaron Cox
long drive......

got a year to plan though
Air_Cooled_Nut

Good luck.
CCL

av-943.gif
jeeperjohn56
QUOTE(greenie @ Nov 2 2007, 08:25 PM) *

Hey Guys,

Keep the comments coming!

This is going to be alot of fun!

McMark said I'll need to get a thick skin. chair.gif

My only goal is to have as much fun as we did last year at WCR O7, a very lofty goal. smilie_pokal.gif

We have a great group of teeners in soggy Seattle, we will give it our best.

Greenie
Hey Kurt!, Do you have a date yet? I hope to have my car ready, could use a date to circle on calender. What about hotels / Motels for reservations. Is it going to be at a Hotel like wcc07? Will there be room for truck and trailer? Will be more comfortable towing and just in case something go's wrong only have 100miles with AAA.Thanks for stepping up to the plate and all you other NWest guys. John smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
orange914
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Nov 8 2007, 02:59 PM) *

Hey Kurt!, Do you have a date yet? I hope to have my car ready, could use a date to circle on calender. What about hotels / Motels for reservations. Is it going to be at a Hotel like wcc07? Will there be room for truck and trailer? Will be more comfortable towing and just in case something go's wrong only have 100miles with AAA.Thanks for stepping up to the plate and all you other NWest guys. John smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif

hey jon
hows the 2056 coming? p.m. me. this would give us both time to get the bugs out of the motors blowup.gif much unlike the valve seat that fell out the day before 07 WRC chair.gif

CALIFORNIA GUYS/GALS maybe we could plan a massive group 914 drive/invasion up to there? got time to think about it.

betty914.jpg olympic914.jpg irish914.jpg andy914.jpg aubergine914.jpg blue914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg fuchia914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg ravenna914.jpg red914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg signal914.jpg howard.gif

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.