Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I missing something?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
When I checkout fuel line diagrams, I always see that both fuel rails are depicted the same. 5 ports on each rail. 2 injector ports, 1 inlet port, 1 outlet port, and then the one side has a fitting for a pressure meter in the middle of the rail, and the other sied has a port that goes to the cold start valve. Here is a picture of what I have.

Click to view attachment

I don't remember how the lines were previously routed, but as far as I can figure, the PO didn't have the cold start valve connected, or he was using the guage connection point to run to the cold start valve. But if he was routing it the second way, why do I have the screw and washer that block off the pressure guage connection point?

Please educamcate me lads!

Jim
McMark
The 1.7 cars (and maybe 1.8) have a different cold start valve and use a small screw (hex head, to be original) to block off the fuel pressure test port. The 2.0 (and maybe 1.8) motors omit the screw/bolt and hook the cold start valve to the rail.

So if you're using the CSV, then leave the screw in the toolbox and hook a fuel line up there. If you're not going to use the CSV, then leave the screw in place.
BiG bOgGs
Thanks McMark. I guess the PO didn't have the CSV hooked up. I'll just get a little more fuel line and a couple clamps and get this taken care of.

Then I just have to

Check oil levels
Repack and attach CV joints
Wire starter
Reattach muffler
Install battery
Fire the beyotch up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.