Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 14 inch track tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
MikeSpraggi
I just bought an original 914/6 that came with 14" Fuchs. Those that are running 14" rims, what type of tires are you using for Driver's Ed. Are the Falken Azenis RT-615 good for this purpose?
Van914
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Nov 5 2007, 07:08 PM) *

I just bought an original 914/6 that came with 14" Fuchs. Those that are running 14" rims, what type of tires are you using for Driver's Ed. Are the Falken Azenis RT-615 good for this purpose?

Mike,
You should be looking for 15" wheels. I am using Victo Racers now but I am going to Toyo R1's in 205X50X15.
Van914
jd74914
Hi Mike,

Hope life's been treating you well :wave: You have to put up some pictures of your new /6. The 2.2E we bought from you is still sitting unused . . . we're just way too busy to rebuild it.

On subject, there really isn't a great selection of tires in the 14in sizes. As Van said you probably are better getting some 15in track wheels. Unless you are going to slicks the Falkens might be the best tire in that diameter.

Jim
smokey
205/55/zr14 hoosier race . tread pattern is M . it is a dot tire that can be run on the street . pricy . and sticky . i am running them smoke.gif
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Nov 5 2007, 09:36 PM) *

Hi Mike,

Hope life's been treating you well :wave: You have to put up some pictures of your new /6. The 2.2E we bought from you is still sitting unused . . . we're just way too busy to rebuild it.

On subject, there really isn't a great selection of tires in the 14in sizes. As Van said you probably are better getting some 15in track wheels. Unless you are going to slicks the Falkens might be the best tire in that diameter.

Jim

Jim, glad to hear you're still around. I love my 914/4 2.0L but I had an opportunity to buy the /6 at a really good price ... so I did. As you know, my garage will only hold 2 teeners nose to tail and with the track car I'm building and the /6 as keepers, the /4 has to go. I wouldn't subject any 914 to the elements, and the /4 has really been good to me ..... life can be harsh! smile.gif

Mike
smokey
anyone know of any other tires ?
smokey
hide.gif birthday3.gif wreath.gif red914.jpg white914.jpg blue914.jpg
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(smokey @ Nov 15 2007, 11:20 AM) *

hide.gif birthday3.gif wreath.gif red914.jpg white914.jpg blue914.jpg

What kind of wheels are you running those fat boys on? You got flares?
smokey
no flares . 5.5x14 . stock five lug fuches . 3.2 dme . limited slip . patrick motorsports everything .
Chris Pincetich
All those brits run <15 inch wheels and tires so it can't be too bad, even some fast miatas I think. Those rims are sweet, I wish I had the 5 lug hubs sometimes. beerchug.gif
So smokey - are you going to drive on hwy 9 with those tires? huh.gif
smokey
YOKAHAMA AO48 205/55r15 tread were 90 very fun on H 9 . they are now on 15x5.5 fuchs . the slicks are for time trial / auto X . smoke.gif
betegh9
If you are new to AX, run your present tires till you chord them......... great to learn on. Then, if you like to drive on an R rated tire at ALL times and not bother with another set of wheels, then get Toyo RA-1's. If you want a dedicated AX tire, and you have reached the limits of the car and the RA-1's, buy Kumho V710's or pricier Hoosier A6's. The hoosiers will probably give you about 7 AX events for about $1000.00, can you handle that?............. not me!! driving.gif
i love porsche
theres a clearance right now on kumho ecsta v700s on tire rack..they come in 14 sizes..check them out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.