Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2008 "Middle of Nowhere"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
greenie
Hello Teeners,

My name is Curt (AKA Greenie) , my wife Janet and I had too good of a time at WCR 2007 last year.... somehow ( sitting around the keg I suppose ) we volunteered to organize an event if it should ever make it's way to the Puget Sound area. Really didn't expect it quite so soon.

I plan to solicit as much help & advice as possible to make this event a success.

Our goal is to plan an event where the key element is fun.

We need to recognize that people will be traveling some great distance, it is a different experience for them than for us locals. I want to keep this in mind when we organize the schedule. Things that we may take for granted may be memorable for them. My wife and I drove our 914 across the Golden Gate Bridge last June , pretty mundane for them but unforgettable for us.

Janet did event planning for years as part of her job, I don't expect the problems McMark experienced.

This should be fun for us all to plan, organize and attend, if it becomes a burden we will make changes.

Looking for all the help we can get.

Curt & Janet

4601 192nd Ave SE
Issaquah WA 98027

cell # 425-681-5438
Home # 425-641-4482

rhodyguy
i checked on the boat race dates for next year. aug 1-3 for 08'. if you guys feel they will have an impact on the scheduling and rooms, you might work the dates around that. curt if you plan on checking with your neighbor, ask how booked in advance the H.I. gets. my guess is if they are busy, they won't be offering too steep of a discount on group rates.

k
greenie
Hey Guys & Gals,

A recap of the two planning meetings.

In attendance Saturday: Kevin ( Rhody Guy ) Dave (DNHunt) Bill ( PanelBilly)

Tuesday: Jon (Blood Red 914-6GT) , Rich (redauenhauer)
Dan & Michelle (Rootwerkes) , Randy(RAND)
Geoff (Bleyeng)

My immediate priorities are setting dates and arranging lodging.

To do the above the main factor that determines the dates are track related events.

The censensus of both groups:

1) An autocross is not worth doing. People can do this anywhere , why drive to Seattle for this.

2) Any event held at Bremerton is probably once again not worth the effort.

3) Pacific Raceways is the real deal, if a meaningful ( not a parade lap )event could be scheduled this is well worth doing. This would draw the more hardcore members ,maybe as much as 25% more turnout.This will need to be piggybacked with another club PCA etc.

Action: Rich wil will contact any and all connections regarding this ASAP

The dates cannot be set until we know what is happening with Pacific Raceways.
The drives and schedule cannot be coordinated until we know also.

Other conclusions & ideas....

Thursday Arrival.

We will make this a genuine three day event. Arrive on a Thursday night , start with beverages of choice BBQ, held in the hotels parking lot or at my home ( if it's raining)or my neighborhood beachfront park.

Lodging is in the Issaquah area, central location,15 minutes from Seattle, south end guys 40 minutes, north end guys 40 minutes. We have a variety of hotels,nice holiday inn, new hilton garden, recently remodeled Motel six ( for budget minded )& an Embassy Suites, lots of possibilities.

Drives suggested:

Mt Rainier ,from Issaquah around back side ,awesome drive but very long. This would conclude in Tacoma with a possible dinner & tour at the LeMay Auto Museum.
Action: Dave Hunt is investigating this. We need to determine distance & how many hours this would take.

Puget Sound drive : Ferry ride up Whidbey Island , Deception Pass real taste of the area. I like this although coordinating the ferry ride could be tough but definately doable.. same thing distance & hours?

Leavenworth Drive , a nice mountain drive with plenty of opportunity for scenic stops , A Bavarian theme for the event could be had with some nice twisties & photo ops. Distance & hours?

Other considerations...

A go cart night event, this is kind of a back-up if a track event doesn't happen.

Day drip into Seattle , maybe small groups with local tour guides, see the iconic sites of Seattle.

Lot's of beer!!!

Sponsorships must include windshield wiper freebies...

Casual Banquet to be held on Saturday night, gives people the freedom to cut-out on Sunday if they like.

So..... we need the track answer before we can get rolling. Once this is determined I'll take volunteers ( ha ha ) for specific projects.

You guy's are the ones that made the commitment to attend the meetings, you have the strongest voice in our ongoing plans!

Thanks for all the help, I know this is going to work out great.

Curt

rhodyguy
issaquah to leavenworth via blewett is 117 miles. the top of chinook via 169 is 72 miles. 169 is not the route i would take to enumclaw. consider the tourist factor in leavenworth during the summer. other than blewett, mostly freeway. hwy 2 has ok sections but can be slow heading west. def slow on this side of the summit to monroe. figure the dates so people can put in for vacation time.

k
Bleyseng
Google times the trip to Leavenworth at 2hrs 10 min...yeah its mostly freeway unless you go via HW2.

Google times Issaquah to Sunrise at 2hrs 2 mins....via Maple Valley/Enumclaw.. Awesome drive in a 914 (BTDT) in the National Park up the twisty,nearly fall off a cliff road to Sunrise. The back way to Enumclaw is pretty and twisty (via Hobart-Ravensdale)

Either trip is going to be 6 hours total time with stops.

if its Issaquah to Sunrise then out via Elbe to Tacoma its a 5 hr 30min trip without stops! barf.gif

stops have to be for lunch, stopping to take pictures, gas, etc adding atleast 1 to 2hrs on any trip.

popcorn[1].gif
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, but for the people coming from other areas of the country I would think that the trip to Leavenworth would be the best for showing them a taste of the NW. Plus, it has the whole Bavarian thing going for it. If you are just wanting a great drive Chuckanaut drive is the best in the state followed by a close North Cascades drive, but I would think it needs to be interesting. Thus the Leavenworth is my choice. Just my 2 cents.

popcorn[1].gif
rhodyguy
the last drive on chuckanut i did, on a weekend, was slow as molasses. stuck behind mutiple trucks towing boats for pretty much the whole length. long drive for a short piece of road. just plain freeway up and back. hwy 9 is a featureless drive.

the back way to enumclaw, hobart-valize-cumberland is exactly what i was thinking of geoff. it's a great piece of road(s). esp in the am. once you clear enumclaw, there are NO lights or stop signs to the top of the hill and it's pretty hard to make a wrong turn and get lost. folks that will be making the long haul on interstates will have had plenty of droning highways i'm sure. obviously i'm partial to the 410 run. rainier from the back side is pretty spectacular. lunch up at crystal? if the rainier express is running, we might be able to include the ride cost in the participation fee and brown bag it at the top of the express.

dates are the prime factor at this point. mid july affords plently of late evening sun, avoids conflicts with school schedules, and the weather tends to be the nicest.

k
914werke
Ok Ive been doing some calls and had lunch with a HS bud of mine yesterday that is the GM of Catering for the Starwood NW Div. (he offices at the Westin). He said he' put in a good word for me with his Group sales guy and evan if they couldnt help us (perhaps thier concerned properties are to upscale = $'s) then he could network with his peers in our area and help. We'll see.
On the Track front Ive got some good info and I still have some options Im exploring. Im still optimistic. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Sweet. Keep us informed on what you find. Most of Starwood's properties are rather upscale, but if he has connections with other companies that would work well. Thanks Rich.
Bleyseng
I stopped by Rich's office late and we talked about a lot of exciting possibilities. Ideas and options abound but we both need to connect up with some folks to see whats really a option.

Gotta make some calls on Monday. biggrin.gif

bootyshake.gif
boxstr
One thing I did for PDX was have a tow vehicle for any breakdowns while on long driving tours. Something to think about.
WCC license plates seem to be a big hit, don't spend allot of money on these because you will more than likely have a bunch left over. Hey maybe I can recycle mine to 2008.
CCL
914werke
So yr after yr we have solicited some amount of $ from the "Ramble" participants.

does anyone recall what those fees were and what they covered?
How about an opinion on what the MAX $'s were likely to ask for, and get?

They might include:
Beer.
Goodie bag?
Food (lunch for day of senic drive & awards banquet) more?
BEER beerchug.gif
TRack event (AutoX or lapping)
BEER beer.gif
What else?
BEER beer3.gif
rhodyguy
fee for 06' included lunch on the drive, weekend admission to the historics at PIR, dinner, goodie bag. beer courtesy of turtle mt brewery

05'-pizza party on the first night, lunch at paramount ranch, goodie bag, track day at the streets in lancaster. beer courtesy of turtle mt brewery.

04'- breakfast, goodie bag, lap at laguna, ax. have i forgotten anything?

seems as tho the participation fees all ranged from $125 to 175?

affordable rooming will be important. seems like the cost last year at the hilton was steep iirc. that will not effect me as i'll drive up and home each day.
dinomium
I just spoke to my sister who works for a local Seattle micro brew. She can get us her discount and is looking into a corp sponsor type thing. More to come
beer3.gif
Bleyseng
Ok, I checked out the site option RichD had as a funsite idea for Saturday night "Banquet night".. w00t.gif ------

Pier 61 park where the "Summer Nights at the Pier" used to be held....Its a huge wooden pier on the waterfront. Summer nights are awesome.....
The park dept rep I spoke to said its a real possiblity to have the event for a cheap rate of $75 fee + $10 per hr rental if the public has access to the event too.ie could walk around and look at the cars.
Food would have to be catered but private for attendees.

I do know a "african food" caterer. chowtime.gif

More later on this site after Thanksgiving.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 20 2007, 05:11 PM) *

Ok, I checked out the site option RichD had as a funsite idea for Saturday night "Banquet night".. w00t.gif ------

Pier 61 park where the "Summer Nights at the Pier" used to be held....Its a huge wooden pier on the waterfront. Summer nights are awesome.....
The park dept rep I spoke to said its a real possiblity to have the event for a cheap rate of $75 fee + $10 per hr rental if the public has access to the event too.ie could walk around and look at the cars.
Food would have to be catered but private for attendees.

I do know a "african food" caterer. chowtime.gif

More later on this site after Thanksgiving.

That sounds like a good idea, but parking down there is murder. Doable though.
914werke
The idea is the WE park ON the Pier deck. Not sure if we could get fifty cars on there but ...darn close.

The other idea is that we have the banquet at my boss is wharehouse just above fishermans terminal. Its set up as a party center w/a Bar w00t.gif arcade, batting cage, .5 basketball court and oh BTW his collection of Corvettes, Ferrarie's and historically significant races cars many of which Jeff (sixnotfour) personally wrenched on.
Benifit = FREE (though Id recomend we contribute something to one of his fav. charities Charities)

Another side benifit is that he leases part of the building to Walter Gerber of Gerber motorsports Gerber Mototrsports Walter has a storied past linked with Porsche racing profile and has offered to speak, Q&A or stage a tech session ?
John (my boss) has offered this location up and is something we should consider idea.gif

(I figured anyone on this thread is familiar that the Pier mentioned above is 5 min. away from Fishermans terminal and this location)
rhodyguy
african food? what exactly would that be? exotic food may not be to everyone's taste. that location might be swell for locals that know how to get around seattle and live near by. for others, it might be a problem driving into the city from the east side. keep it simple. would the event date be geared around the availability of the pier? keep it simple. picking the date is the important issue at this point. tailor the activities around THAT. keeping the event affordable is the second most important priority.

k

greenie
Hey Guy's ,

The natives are getting a little restless. ar15.gif

Everyone is excited about this event, they all want to to know the dates.

From my second post on this forum I thought I was clear please read again.

My immediate priorities are setting dates and arranging lodging.

To do the above the main factor that determines the dates are track related events.

The censensus of both groups:

1) An autocross is not worth doing. People can do this anywhere , why drive to Seattle for this.

2) Any event held at Bremerton is probably once again not worth the effort.

3) Pacific Raceways is the real deal, if a meaningful ( not a parade lap )event could be scheduled this is well worth doing. This would draw the more hardcore members ,maybe as much as 25% more turnout.This will need to be piggybacked with another club PCA etc.

Action: Rich will will contact any and all connections regarding this ASAP

The dates cannot be set until we know what is happening with Pacific Raceways.
The drives and schedule cannot be coordinated until we know also.

I've had some very positive feedback from Rich.......... things may be shaping up nicely.

Let's all have a nice Thanksgiving and then get some things settled if possible.

Curt
DNHunt
An update on the LeMay car collection.

It's still located in Spanaway and is open for tours.

Groups over 30 pay $10 per person for a guided tour of ~ 400 cars. Mostly American makes.

For a large group time is negotiable.

Food can be arranged. They have a list of caterers. It may be possible to barbeque on the grounds

The cantact is Trudy Closchin.

They were quite receptive.

Dave

Bleyseng
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 21 2007, 07:40 AM) *

african food? what exactly would that be? exotic food may not be to everyone's taste. that location might be swell for locals that know how to get around seattle and live near by. for others, it might be a problem driving into the city from the east side. keep it simple. would the event date be geared around the availability of the pier? keep it simple. picking the date is the important issue at this point. tailor the activities around THAT. keeping the event affordable is the second most important priority.

k

the pier is available nearly any time if you call in advance. How many cars can park there is a question, there is room for maybe 250 cars.
Food is whatever, I just know a African Food caterer which is finger food for groups, not just veggie trays..forget a sit down dinner.

Driving to the waterfront is so easy off 99, I90 or I5 as its right there at the waterfront off the main freeway ramps. Access is amazing due to the new ramps Safeco Field and Quest Field.
Gerber Motorsports is next to the Ballard Bridge and a 10min drive from the Pier.

Blair has a buddy that works in a T shirt shop so we can maybe get a deal done for shirts!
PeeGreen 914
Are you sure about parking on there? I thought they stopped that as they were worried about it collapsing. If it is all good that would be fun.
Bleyseng
right now there is a ban on Large trucks, mobile homes, semi's etc.....They asked how much do the cars weigh and a said 2000lbs...oh, that shouldn't be a problem then. The park engineer will have to approve it of course.

we'll see as its a option....but it just think about a summer night at the pier with the cars and a party! cheer.gif
PeeGreen 914
Cool. That should be great then. Did you guys see Eddie's post about the track stuff?
ConeDodger
Hi guys! Curt has given me cheerleader duty and the password for the planning committee forum and I finally had a moment... Turkey Day and I am married to a filipina. So Thanksgiving is a day you rest up for shopping!!!

First, I got a PM from someone screen name - reverie asking for the password to the planning forum. I don't know that I am authorized to distribute it so I thought I would bring it up here. Curt?

Second, just a peek at the mindset of many of the bay area 914 guys. The consensus opinion that an autocross is something we can do anywhere is true. However, a lot of the bay area people are rabid autocrossers who look forward to events like this that bring together people they know from the board and offer the opportunity to find out who is the king of the 914 autocrossers... Having our own event is a logistical nightmare. The way Mark did it last year was to piggyback it onto an event that is already going to happen independent of the WCR. I pointed out to him that ESCA which is a multi marque club was having an event on our weekend and we approached them to ask if we could jump on their event. This works fairly simply since others do the grunt work to run the event. They like it because we pad their coffers. If you can find such an event running concurrently, you just offer it as an option with all fees paid by entrant.

When I think of Seattle, I do so as a person who has never been there. I think natural beauty and a city that is known for its beauty and friendliness... I know when you live somewhere you can often take the area for granted so I wanted to point out the outside perspective. I think many of us who are going to travel greater distance for this event are going to want to spend more than just official Ramble time in the area. It might be a good idea to put together a few self-guided tours that people can do on their own. Perhaps a city tour and a water tour. Doesn't the area have a number of ferry trips that can be taken? I know Vancouver Island is one...

Anyway, I thought I would weigh in. Now back to my cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif duties...
PeeGreen 914
Thanks Rob for your input. Outside thoughts do helps us as you are right, we do take much of it for granted as it is everyday stuff to us. The AX we may need to rethink, but some of the drives we have been thinking of are amazing drives.

The track idea still sounds great, but it may be too expensive for some. I told McMark that I would cover him if we did this, and I am thinking... if we do have the chance to do this, and we find out the price, why not raise the price $20 or so and cover a few of the people that cannot afford to do the track. I am talking about the people who help the 914 world so much with their support and such.

I don't know. It was just a thought.
Bleyseng
There are ferry trips to:
Bainbridge Island, Bremerton, on the car ferrys
Victoria,BC is a non car ferry but Victoria is nice. I prefer a car trip via Port Angles..

Reverie is Roger a Seattle 914 guy....should let him contribute to the WCR Planning biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Ok, another moment of free time...

Speaking now as Dr. Rob... Futurists use several methods to predict and plan for the future or events. One of these is called the Futuring Tree. It is a method that I prefer for its simplicity.

Basically, you guys get together and visualize the event you want to have. You say what would I like my event to be like? See it in your mind from Friday reception all the way to the closing ceremony... Each of you should individually write out a narrative of what you "see" as the event. Present it to each other and see how each of you sees things similarly and differently. Reconcile the ideas into the event as you the group want it to happen. Then you deconstruct it backward. You ask yourselves as a group, "what needs to happen in order for our event to occur as we have visualized it". You also ask, "what could happen to prevent our event from happening as we have visualized it." Finally, "what can we do to assure that the confounding events don't occur". Finally you ask, "what contingency plans should be in place if the confounding events occur?"

Whenever you work in groups people will not always agree on everything. That is a good thing. If we all agree life would be a boring centrist task. Hear each other out. You are starting early enough on this that there is plenty of time to give voice to all the ideas.

Ok, Dr. hat off... Back to cheerleading!
Bleyseng
Basically, we have a bunch of half baked ideas that are being researched for what it would take to become a reality.

Dates are hinged on the PIR idea......

popcorn[1].gif

ConeDodger
Trust me. It is better to bake the whole cake then trying to make the parts fit.

Visualize all of it. Each of you and then do it again after you review each others vision. Pretty soon the visions become one.

Then once you identify factors that will impact your ability to make your vision real you can pick the weekend and fine tune.

As far as PIR is concerned, one weekend can be swapped for another if their schedule is full, Saturday can be swapped for Sunday if it is only a day issue...
ConeDodger
Here is an example of the Future Tree...

My vision:
I see the event starting on Friday with a reception in which participants arrive and are greeted in the hotel parking lot with refreshments and as more arrive a BBQ. This will go on into the evening with bench racing and catching-up with old friends and meeting new ones. The refreshments and BBQ will require sponsors who pay for the beer, soft drinks, and BBQ.
Saturday morning we begin the day with a show and shine with Peoples Choice, Best 914-4, Best 914-6, Best Conversion 914-6, and Best Alt 914. Then after lunch on their own (we have to give them some time on their own) we depart on an organized drive. After the drive we reassemble in the parking lot for more bench racing and beer. Dinner on their own.
Sunday we assemble at PIR. An autocross is held in the parking lot in conjunction with a local club while a track day is held on the track in conjunction with a local club. Participants who aren't interested in either of these events can go on an organized drive of greater length than the Saturday drive.
Sunday evening we all gather at a local restaurant for a closing dinner and awards banquet.

Possible complications:
No open date at PIR. No local clubs willing to piggyback our event into theirs.

Possible solutions to complications: Alter the schedule to fit a weekend that works. Switch the days of the event to fit track and autocross to Saturday rather than Sunday to fit other clubs schedules.

With good effort to obtain sponsors the event can even be done at no cost or low cost to participants other than du jour menu cost such as if you choose to stay at the Hotel you pay for your room and all associated costs. If you live locally or know of someone who you can stay with your costs are mitigated. If you want to autocross you pay the event club. If you want to do the track day you pay the event club. The dinner at the close of the event is the highest cost event because most people will attend, while only a few will attend the track and autocross event.

This is just my vision. Yours may vary somewhat or even drastically. Once you reconcile your collective visions you divide the organizational duties and go from there. You build the details onto the event like the smaller branches of a tree.

Try to keep squabbles out of the public eye. There are those that think all the 914s in the world are in California and everyone should come to them. They will jump on your squabble in an opportunistic way. Have fun and above all.... Breathe. These things tend to work out because it is really mostly about the people getting together with other people of like interests.
Rand
I know everyone is painfully aware, but: Whatever steps are still unsure about determining the date need to be firmed up ASAP.

My last understanding was: The red hot issue is determining whether we can get track time at SIR/Pacific Raceways or not. Any word on that???

The way I see it, if we can not secure a solid plan for the track by the middle of this week, we have to bag it and determine the date another way. We cannot hit December without a schedule.
Bleyseng
hmm, why can't we just wait alittle longer....say 1st week of Jan

we want to offer a track event so lets see how it plays out.

Track events are hard to do for a no bucks club like this. chair.gif

popcorn[1].gif
McMark
For 2007, I charged $25 per person, and not including the hotel issues this was NOT enough money. I expected a lot more $ support from business than I got. The money in 2007 covered beer, A/X lunch, sunday night dinner, t-shirts, and some other misc. I would recommend $50 per person and a discount for multiple entrants.

I can build the sign up sheet for ya'll when the time is right. A webform like I used in 2007 with an automatic PayPal link.

Is KenSchipper's wife working on a logo?

I'll cut a bunch of 914World stickers to throw in the goodie bag.
914werke
Mark do you mean the TOTAL registration fees charged per head were $25 last year? blink.gif how many paid entrants?
I seem to reccall paying considerably more that that in 05, dont recall what we paid in portland.
This is why I asked the question(s) in the other thread, cuz w/o some simple estimations of headcount and the potential $'s I cant tell if there is any money likley available to subsidize a track event. (IE: 50x$150 =$7500 total budget)
Ill tell ya now its not gonna be cheap.
Ill update my efforts in another post a little later
914werke
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 25 2007, 03:47 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif its not evan Dec. screwy.gif this stuff dosent happen over night.
greenie
Hi Guy's,

An update for everyone.

We've made some excellent progress in shaping this event.

1) Rich is very optimistic ( with the help of some well connected friends)that a track event at Pacific Raceways will happen!
Once this is firmed up the dates will be determined!

2) After contacting two hotels in the Issaquah area I am confident we will be able to present affordable lodging for all.

3) We have put together a couple of very nice drive plans, including MT Ranier & Leavenworth, either option will not disappoint !

4 ) We have an opportunity to spend an evening on the Seattle waterfront, I think this could be an incredibly good time for everyone.

5) Unless the wheels come off this event will be held in July.

6) Only after the dates are selected will we start the ancillary planning, ( pricing, promotions, souvenirs, detailed adgendas etc.)

Here's what I ask of the planning participants.

Lighten-up , give each person involved a little credit , we all want to present a great event.

I've had a lot of advice from many different people. The wheels are in motion, I will not be able to please each & everyone , sorry if your idea is not used.

Still having fun....

Curt

ConeDodger
The last post I put up was not a suggestion of how the event should go... It was an example of a method used in planning the future. The beauty of it is that you don't need to have dates. You can plan your event and then work backwards.

This is great that you have a committee to put this together. Mark was largely on his own last year. I reminded him to breath once in a while and Randy appears to have been very instrumental but he had no where near the resources you guys do.

This will be fine. Respect each other and have some fun with it. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
A banquet evening on the Seattle Waterfront or a a Free car collectors Warehouse is good to me.

Lots of tech talk seminars, show and tell, parts booths could be at either site...

just takes time to get really firm info to make it happen.

No swap meet is planned thank god!

I have driven the MtRainier route a few times, once in the 914..fun drive especially to the top at Sunrise!
What route would a Leavenworth drive be so its not freeway the whole way???
Rand
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Nov 25 2007, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 25 2007, 03:47 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif its not evan Dec. screwy.gif this stuff dosent happen over night.

I'm not trying to be whacko and I know this stuff doesn't happen overnight.

We may lose lose some people because a lot of companies require their employees to schedule vacation way ahead of time.

I'm just sensing the restlessness of the masses growing, and our responses have all been ethereal. In my experience, sharing schedule dates helps keep peace and confidence (even if that just means a date of the next planning step - Is it possible to set a deadline for determining whether the track is an option or not?).

Should we start a poll to see if people want to pony up extra bucks to cover track fees?

I don't want my comments to stir anyone up. Just sharing observations. I know it's in good hands. beer.gif I won't say any more about it.
Bleyseng
av-943.gif shades.gif

man, we just made it thru Thanksgiving holidays.....my boss had left town just like most bosses. I think some of this takes some time to sort out as we are trying to hook up with another club for a date.

beggars can't be choosy. KMA.gif
Rand
My bad I guess.
914werke
No worries Rand, but I am curious from where are you "feeling the restlessness"
A couple of vocal memebers?
To qoute Mr Spock "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" (or some crap like that) laugh.gif av-943.gif

Back to our regularly schedualed programing.......
It occurs to me no one has stepped up to solicit spensors for goodies, auction items, Prizes or good ol CASH.

Hey Rog you wanna take this on? bye1.gif
reverie
PM sent to Curt..
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif eh..Pizan. do wat ya gotta do.
reverie
gotta know-a the lingo..
McMark
Rich, the fees in previous years has been $100+ ($125-$150 usually). My event broke even (well, evenish) but only because of the silent auction for goodies. If your entry costs are higher you can afford things like goodie give-aways/raffle.
DNHunt
Greenie, you still out there? Anything new?

Dave
greenie
Hey Dave & Teeners!

Yes I'm still out here!

I've been extremely busy with job & travel...somehow the real world get's in the way of our fun.

I'll post on this forum this weekend where we are at with the planning of this event.

Rich has also been very busy... I asked him to post a description of the PIR event he is working on, this is the only thing holding me up from posting date's.

I'm glad that the hubbub died down a little, we will have the event posted prior to Christmas.

Curt
PeeGreen 914
cheer.gif piratenanner.gif laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.