Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress today.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I have my carbs mounted and i hooked up most of the HE stuff underneath. I made a bracket for my throttle cable.

I reseated the dizzy, and plugged in the plug wires to the dizzy. Before we installed the motor, we marked the fan, and left it at 12 o'clock. Now with the dizzy installed, the rotor is (I assume) pointing at #1. I assume, maybe wrongly, that the dizzy fires clockwise. So 1,4,3,2 is how I wired them around. So ok so far?

I have the hex bar linkage for the carbs. Problem seems to be that the bracket that I made might not be long enough. If I connect everything up as is, I don't get enough rotation to open the carbs all the way. Dunno if I am missing something, but any advice would be appreciated.

I am hoping to fire it tomorrow. biggrin.gif

We'll see.
PeeGreen 914
You Should get a linkage from Triad West. That would solve your problem biggrin.gif Good luck on getting all finished.
KaptKaos
Thanks Jon. I really need to make the CB Hex linkage work.

Also, I need to mount my CB breather box on the firewall. I am looking for suggestions for the location.
Aaron Cox
dizzy. pop cap off. twist rotor (advance). which way does it twist? thats what direction your motor turns tongue.gif

breather. rear trunk firewall, dead center Left to right, 2 bolts.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 10 2007, 07:09 PM) *

dizzy. pop cap off. twist rotor (advance). which way does it twist? thats what direction your motor turns tongue.gif

breather. rear trunk firewall, dead center Left to right, 2 bolts.

AFAICT - Clockwise.

Dead center is not flat. The box won't sit flush.
Aaron Cox
offset it an inch or two until it has a flat base to sit on.
rhodyguy
do your heads have the small vent tubes? if so, do you plan on running the breather box drain lines to them? i made a tall stand off bracket for the box, and mounted it on one of the upper rear case bolts. where ever you decide to mount the bb, make sure there is enough 'fall' for the oil to run back to the heads. mount it too low and the box will load up with oil. squeezing the foam filter to remove the old vapor/oil and mopping up the reside in the bottom should be considered regular maint.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 11 2007, 07:59 AM) *

do your heads have the small vent tubes? if so, do you plan on running the breather box drain lines to them? i made a tall stand off bracket for the box, and mounted it on one of the upper rear case bolts. where ever you decide to mount the bb, make sure there is enough 'fall' for the oil to run back to the heads. mount it too low and the box will load up with oil. squeezing the foam filter to remove the old vapor/oil and mopping up the reside in the bottom should be considered regular maint.

Can you post a pic?

Unfortunately, there are no vents on the heads on this motor. Not really sure why. My stock 1.7 has them, but this one does not. So the only vent now is on the oil tower.

I may install the bungs that came with the kit in the valve covers, but not right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.