Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil temp gauge in fuel gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slackin' at work
So my car did not come with a center console and I don't want to modify my center "box".

I was wondering if I could buy a early 911 temp gauge and simply swap out the guts of the top portion into the top of my fuel gauge.

please excuse me if this seems like a silly or noob question... Im still on the learning curve. biggrin.gif Search was no help.

thanks in advance.
beer3.gif

-chris
Thack
I want one too. The kind with the numbers so I can tell how hot the oil is.
craig downs
There is a thread just below called Gauge Clusters where someone put the oil pressure gauge from a 911 in the top of the 914 fuel gauge. So I would say yes.

ottox914
If you can dream it, Mark can do it.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...84&hl=turbo

Do a search for his products in the vendor forum.

A very satisfied customer.
SLITS
While you can put an oil temp guage in the place of the handbrake warning light in the combination guage, you MUST have the sender that is compatible with the guage.
type47
as you shop around, depending upon how close to a CW you are, you can find gauges that are silver button centers (-73 about) and non silver button centered (74-) and if you get a numbered gauge from a 911, you need to get correct sending unit as was stated above.
ClayPerrine
There were gauges like this from the factory. The sixes had gauges for oil temp, and the 74 and later 4 cylinder cars had it as a option.

I have 2 of them for the 74 and later cars.

Buy neither of them had numbers on the gauge.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 13 2007, 12:35 PM) *

There were gauges like this from the factory. The sixes had gauges for oil temp, and the 74 and later 4 cylinder cars had it as a option.

I have 2 of them for the 74 and later cars.

Buy neither of them had numbers on the gauge.

WRONG....

you could get it on a 73, without a center console.
those gauges have the silver dot.... and a temp gauge dissimilar to the 914/6 one.

Has a light for brake, oil pressure, alternator and all of them have a dummy light for sportomatic oil temp (the white plug)

dont make me get a pic clay

only difference us the silver button vs the later ones you have.
type47
someone posted a template with silkscreened numbers suitable to put in the oil temp gauge
SLITS
You imaged the narrow red band guage .... what about the wide red band guage?
type47
like this?
Aaron Cox
bada bing
BMartin914
The complete setup (module and sender) is available from Performance Products for less than $100.
jjs3rd914
Is it possible to take the guts from the round temp gauge that went into the center console, and install those guts into the fuel gauge assembly. I have an extra temp gauge and a couple of the fuel gauges (with idiot light) assemblies? The arc looks similar.

Anyone ever done this?

jjs3rd914
Rockaria
Yes!
Click to view attachment
IPB Image

QUOTE(jjs3rd914 @ Nov 13 2007, 06:38 PM) *

Is it possible to take the guts from the round temp gauge that went...Anyone ever done this?

jjs3rd914
lotus_65
the arc is actually pretty far off IMHO, i looked at it when i did mine. i got a 911 gauge for like $15., gutted the two and rebuilt the one. obviously i didn't care too much about the angle of the numbers...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=130672
jjs3rd914
Thanks, we age going to investigate this. I have a center console and want to put a oil pressure (vdo) gauge in place of the temp gauge. Moving the temp gauge to the dash make it possible.

jjs3rd914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.