Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relay panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
I know that the late models had a strap of some sort to hold the relay panel in place, but what about the early 914's?

My '72 has a long screw, with a wing nut soldered to the top. I've heard that very early cars did not have this configuration & that it was simply the long screw with a simple nut attached at the top.

True/false?
Pat
freezing14
hi pat ,, I am the opposite of you ,, all the relay board I ever had all had the post in the middle of the board, with a thumb screw on top , never a wing nut
davep
Some have the long screw with the welded wingnut.
Others have a threaded post with a knurled nut.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Nov 12 2007, 06:11 PM) *

I know that the late models had a strap of some sort to hold the relay panel in place, but what about the early 914's?

First I have seen this Pat. Is it in the manual or do you have a photo? The later cars do not have the post/nut (it probably leaked and led to water probklems is my assumption). But the cover stays put without any sort of strap.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 13 2007, 05:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Nov 12 2007, 06:11 PM) *

First I have seen this Pat. Is it in the manual or do you have a photo? The later cars do not have the post/nut (it probably leaked and led to water probklems is my assumption). But the cover stays put without any sort of strap.

I'll post a pic on Thursday!
Pat
JeffBowlsby
Hi Pat bye1.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 20 2007, 12:49 PM) *

Hi Pat bye1.gif

Oh crap! I forgot something again, didn't I. Sorry Jeff.

Been trying to find a proper box to ship a rear bumper top in for the last 10 days (no luck!) & forgot about the fastener.

I have to wash the 914 tomorrow afternoon & will pull 2 parts & photo them - the screw & the thingy inside the intake. Promise!

Pat
Cap'n Krusty
Early cars had a stud with a knurled finger nut, late cars had no hole or hold down of any kind. Never saw a wing nut in this application. The Cap'n
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 23 2007, 06:28 PM) *

Early cars had a stud with a knurled finger nut, late cars had no hole or hold down of any kind. Never saw a wing nut in this application. The Cap'n

The Cap'n is correct, as usual. And I'm ridden with the big A, as usual!

I mixed up the realy panel holddown with the air cleaner holddown - a reasonable mistake, don't you think. Sorry, trying to do too many things at the same time.

Yes, the early 914's had knurled nut.

Damn, wish I could get my nuts straight (well, ...you know what I mean)!
Pat
wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.