Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 owners....need a measurement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
I would appreciate it if someone could post the overall length of their /6 oil dip stick. I need to confirm mine is correct. Thanks
PeeGreen 914
I'm a little over 5'10" av-943.gif

blink.gif Oh, you ment the other dip stick..... It is just over 13" in length. That includes the loop.
thesey914
Mines even shorter than his... sad.gif just over 9"

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
smokey
here is a ???????
smokey
12 inches .
PRS914-6
OK guys, now this turned interesting......My overall length is 11 7/8. Now that we have some differences and different shape dip sticks, I need more measurements.

Make sure that you have an original tank\neck and original stick and not aftermarket.

Need:
Overall length
Bottom of loop to full mark
Bottom of loop to add mark

Here is a pic. of what I have. No guarantee it's original (why I am checking)
Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
The critical measurement is from the bottom of the loop, at the little clip that hooks on the tube inside the filler neck.

There are some later dipsticks that don't have that clip.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(9146986 @ Nov 19 2007, 08:05 AM) *

The critical measurement is from the bottom of the loop, at the little clip that hooks on the tube inside the filler neck.

There are some later dipsticks that don't have that clip.

excellent post. That has always been the problem causing many to be overfilled!
Cap'n Krusty
Excuse me? Not to change the topic, but Slick 50 AND K&N? On the same car? Pssst. Come over here, I have a bridge, and I'm gonna make you a REAL sweet deal ..............

The Cap'n
thesey914
Please don't make fun of me...or I'll tell my mum smile.gif
There is a std MAN filter inside, don't know about the slick50 -stickers were already on the air housing when I picked it up. I quite like them...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Nov 19 2007, 06:49 AM) *

OK guys, now this turned interesting......My overall length is 11 7/8. Now that we have some differences and different shape dip sticks, I need more measurements.

Make sure that you have an original tank\neck and original stick and not aftermarket.

Need:
Overall length
Bottom of loop to full mark
Bottom of loop to add mark

Here is a pic. of what I have. No guarantee it's original (why I am checking)
Click to view attachment

This is exactly what I have. My measurement is the same.
PRS914-6
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Nov 19 2007, 09:20 AM) *

This is exactly what I have. My measurement is the same.

Thanks Jon, confirmation is what I needed.....
thesey914
so has anyone got a known original six dipstick as a benchmark reference
PeeGreen 914
Mine is.
IronHillRestorations
I measured two 6'er dipsticks and they both measured the same, 165mm is the distance between the where the dipstick clips on the tube and the MAX level mark.
Jeffs9146
As far as I know mine is original!

davep
So, Paul S & James, both of yours seem to show the clip as being open so that it can hook on to the inner tube and make a positive stop. The others show the clip as closed which may allow them to be inserted too far.

Can we get a series of dimensions in mm from the stop to the tip; these should be the critical dimensions. Perry says the first dimension from the stop is 165mm to the full mark. What are the rest?
PRS914-6
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 19 2007, 07:49 PM) *

Can we get a series of dimensions in mm from the stop to the tip; these should be the critical dimensions. Perry says the first dimension from the stop is 165mm to the full mark. What are the rest?

Mine is 165 as well
IronHillRestorations
The only mark on the "real" ones I have is MAX.

I have the original that came in my 6, and a new one I got from Porsche, and except for the silver plating on the original one and the yellow plating on the new one, they are identical. There are no part numbers, and this part is expensive.

There's a cheaper 911 ones that will work, but the MAX mark has to be changed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.