Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voltage Regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smooth_eddy
I just bought a new Bosch voltage regulator. The old one is not a OEM and has the wiring harness molded into the case. So I need to cut the wires and use spade crimp connectors on the new Bosch. So the problem is I have a Red, Black and Green wires on the harness. The terminals on the regulator are labeled: DF, D-and D+. Is it a straight through connection? Whould I be better off buying a new harness with a double ended plug connector?

Thanks, Eddy
ejm
This help?

smooth_eddy
Hmmm....

Well assuming the brown wire in the diagram is my black? wire, then this is a great help.

Thanks Ed......... aktion035.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(smooth_eddy @ Nov 24 2007, 03:18 PM) *

I just bought a new Bosch voltage regulator. The old one is not a OEM and has the wiring harness molded into the case. So I need to cut the wires and use spade crimp connectors on the new Bosch. So the problem is I have a Red, Black and Green wires on the harness. The terminals on the regulator are labeled: DF, D-and D+. Is it a straight through connection? Whould I be better off buying a new harness with a double ended plug connector?

Thanks, Eddy

Eddy the voltage regulator should plug directly into the relay board. That is the only way to do it not worth all of the trouble to try to splice wires!
SGB
I agree with the Doc. I think you may have an incorrect replacement. Show us a pic. The bus regulator will sorta work. That may be what you have now.
smooth_eddy
I bought the part from Bow Wow, a VW part store. They told me it's the correct one. I do know the regulator in the car is not a factory original OEM. This one is part # 0 192 062 007. I think I will return it because I am not crazy about adding the stake on terminals when there should be a molded plug, which is fool proof. I will try to order the correct one on Monday.

Eddy
smooth_eddy
Well made a few calls today and found out the harness is about $175, used. Way too much for 2 plugs and only 3 wires that is about 3 inches long. Does anyone know if I have the correct regulator? See part number above.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.