Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless Steel cooling tin screws
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
If so were can you buy them?

Does anyone have a good source to buy fasnteners in general?
McMark
McMaster.com

Part #91800A420

$8.23 for 50 of them.

I order for McMaster almost weekly. They have everything.
Gint
Positive on that part number? Slotted? Cap screw would be better IMO. I can have Sharon order some for me.

Edit:

Found it in the catalog. Obviously slotted.
91800A420
Metric Cheese Head Slotted Machine Screw 18-8 SS, M6 Size, 10 mm Length, 1 mm Pitch
In stock at $8.23 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 50
SGB
Could we generate a list with some other favored commonly used parts? Like the parts number above and the cap screw version and I guess the 10 mm version too. and maybe those odd stubby pan head screws on the headlight fairings and headlight drive mechanism covers, other larger hardware pieces like trans and engine mounting nuts and washers, ec. Whats a typical Mcmark order?
chris914
Is there a version that has the washer apart of the screw?
eg914
You can also get packages of screws for the cooling tin at the local Bug shops, they use the same screws.
VaccaRabite
AA Also has the ones with the washer.
euro911
I bought some phillips head ones at Serrano's before he went under. Sorry I didn't get 100's more of them dry.gif

I'm gonna need a bunch coming up, I'll see if J-Bugs carries them idea.gif
McMark
You can also get packages of screws for the cooling tin at the local Bug shops, they use the same screws.

Yes you can, and they have the captive washers, but aren't stainless steel, AFAIK.

Whats a typical Mcmark order?

My typical orders aren't usually 914 universal parts. Mostly I'm ordering specific parts for custom projects. Such as a specific size of stainless steel rod to turn on a lathe to make a certain part for a subassembly, specific rubber mounts for an A/C condenser install, or full extension ball bearing drawer sliders for a custom hide-away Playstation installtion. Most of my custom projects start with a trip to the McMaster web site to research what's available that will fill my needs. Just typing this reminded me that I need to order some lexan 'billets' for a custom reverse light lens project.
TheCabinetmaker
Check your local yellow pages for "fasteners". You'd be surprised what you can find locally.
euro911
Absolutely. There's a little mom & pop hardware store ('Lovelady Hardware') a few blocks away that has a nicely-stocked 'Bolt Room' ...

Bought all the s/s hardware there when I built support racks for my solar panels.

Home Depot & Lowe's didn't have the quantities I needed and they were way less expensive than the local 'Marine' Hardware stores.
TheCabinetmaker
Nice job Mark
McMark
Added to the Parts Vault.

Also, a 12mm length bolt would probably be more appropriate, according to the PET.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.