Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT any interest in a N. Ca. porsche get together?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
LarryR
I was thinking that it would be a lot of fun to have a N. Ca. porsche get together. Of course I have no idea of the details. I was thinking something along the line of all makes and models (both my 914's are currently in different stages of non opp)... hold it at some public park in the area and maybe have a bbq.

Any takers?

It's decided. Here's the details:

It's this Saturday if it's not raining, in Napa at Mark's shop (1739 Action Ave, Napa CA 94559) at 10:30 AM. The drive is about 2 hours long and we're having lunch at a cool roadside diner in Saint Helena (just north of Napa).
Dr. Roger
Sir Andy's house! Ill bring the burgers... biggrin.gif

LOL poke.gif

orange914
we missed the 07 sonoma run by 1 day (my son, kennys car dropped a valve) blink.gif . but as soon as the 2056 is built, in and running he'll be anixious to take it on a run. but realistically that will be a while. we built the case portion but we're still waiting on the cylinders. let me know down the road

mike
jimtab
If we get a good weather weekend, and we're supposed to, the 1st of Dec. is a good Saturday...before everything gets completely crazy....maybe make a run to the Santa Cruz mtns and try and drop by Felton and see some 959s if they're willing to let us....then back to Alice's for a late lunch...???? Or early dinner??? Or, drop down and come up the coast and have dinner at the brewpub in HMB/ Princeton....great beer and good food...
LarryR
QUOTE(jimtab @ Nov 25 2007, 09:13 PM) *

If we get a good weather weekend, and we're supposed to, the 1st of Dec. is a good Saturday...before everything gets completely crazy....maybe make a run to the Santa Cruz mtns and try and drop by Felton and see some 959s if they're willing to let us....then back to Alice's for a late lunch...???? Or early dinner??? Or, drop down and come up the coast and have dinner at the brewpub in HMB/ Princeton....great beer and good food...

You sound just like my friend who lives in pacifica. He always has an excellent plan that outlines everything. That sounds great to me. I was thinking about posting the same over on the bird board too. The only thing I might like to throw in as a twist is a bbq. I can throw a cooler in my car and maybe a few others. It just seems that for a sizable crowd this might be a better option.
LarryR
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Nov 25 2007, 09:02 PM) *

LOL poke.gif

bring your v8 car I would love to have a look at it!
LarryR
QUOTE(orange914 @ Nov 25 2007, 09:10 PM) *

we missed the 07 sonoma run by 1 day (my son, kennys car dropped a valve) blink.gif . but as soon as the 2056 is built, in and running he'll be anixious to take it on a run. but realistically that will be a while. we built the case portion but we're still waiting on the cylinders. let me know down the road

mike

I figure porsche enthusiast is all that is required. If we manage to put this together just come in what is running and enjoy the cars.
roadster fan
Hey Larry,

Sounds like a great idea. If a date is picked and people have some notice I am sure we will have a decent turnout.

Count me in smile.gif

Jim
McMark
I probably won't have a 914 to drive, but I'd probably show up.
koozy
I'd love to get out and meet some of ya. Let me know when and where.
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(LarryR @ Nov 25 2007, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Nov 25 2007, 09:02 PM) *

LOL poke.gif

bring your v8 car I would love to have a look at it!

Well I did just receive my rebuilt, spaced rear calipers from Eric and they will be installed tomorrow..... Then there's the little issue with the blown motor.
I am selling my WR500 to help finance the engine. http://www.grubbenterprises.com Anyone need a really nice, powerful, dirt bike?

If it's in my backyard I will definitely be there. beerchug.gif
MartyYeoman
This sounds like a great idea.
Count me in.
I can't make it this weekend, however. I'll be in LA.
PRS914-6
I would be interested but need a date....holiday season makes it tough....Napa area would be great. Not too far from all of us and lots of places to meet and have lunch or similar.
SirAndy
let's BBQ at McMark's house!

jsharp.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
How about a getting a group picnic site at Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton or on Mt Diablo?

chowtime.gif
smj
Sounds great. None of my p-cars are operational at the moment, but the 914-4 only needs a new muffler. Worse case I'll be on a motorcycle.

Sunday looks okay, Saturday's pretty iffy as I have a PCA thing at 6PM in Fremont.
nocones
It'll depend on the date and location, but I'd love to make it if I can.
beer.gif
McMark
WCR07 Ocean Cliffs Tour ReRun? Post run BBQ at the shop?
LarryR
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 26 2007, 09:25 PM) *

WCR07 Ocean Cliffs Tour ReRun? Post run BBQ at the shop?

Sounds good to me. Would we all meet up at your shop prior to heading out?
How about second weekend in december?
McMark
That's Dec 8 or 9. It'll be about a 5-6 hour run from Napa back to Napa, FYI.

What's everyone's vote?
LarryR
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 26 2007, 10:02 PM) *

That's Dec 8 or 9. It'll be about a 5-6 hour run from Napa back to Napa, FYI.

What's everyone's vote?

Ok I vote for Dec. 8.
PRS914-6
I could make either day but would suggest a shorter run, perhaps a couple of hours total? A 6 hour round trip + 2hours each way to\from is 10 hrs of driving. Not much time left for BS and tire kicking.

Mark, is there anything off Silverado Trail that's close?
Chris Pincetich
A while back krieger, roadglue, and others had some cool loops around Beryessa and those hills to share and the idea of a group drive was floated but I couldn't make it. If weather permits I would be psyched to get out and drive the 914 - caravans through the hills are awesome. 6-10 hrs is a bit much for me though...half a day + food & drinks is more like it beerchug.gif
McMark
Okay, we'll come up with something shorter. wink.gif
jimtab
Sorry Gang, 8thand 9th is no good for me, dinner party on Sat and folks in from out of town....my presence is required here.
hydroliftin
Get together sounds good to me. 8 or 9 is ok too.
PRS914-6
The wife just informed me to look at the calendar.... slap.gif . I have a dinner to go to on the 8th but I am free on the 9th.
SirAndy
company x-mas party on the 9th ...

sad.gif Andy
PRS914-6
I would think that the closer we get to X-mas the more difficult it will get. What about this coming weekend? Perhaps unburden Mark of the BBQ duties (unless he likes it) and just meet at a winery for chow and tire kicking. Maybe Sattui's or similar, lots of outside picnic tables, parking, a deli etc.....just a thought.

Andy, if you can make it, I can bring your top with me....
RoadGlue
There are so many awesome roads around Napa. How about this 2 hour long tour?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...p;z=11&om=1

This route starts off and stays twisty up until the last 20 minutes. Then it's a mellow drive back via the Silverado Trail to Napa for beer, etc.

We could also off shoot over to the Lake for a picnic since we'd be right by there.

Mark, I'll be in Napa this Saturday. Interested in hanging out?
SirAndy
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Nov 29 2007, 07:40 AM) *

Andy, if you can make it, I can bring your top with me....

smilie_pokal.gif

i'll try to make any date you guys come up with ...
drunk.gif Andy
Elliot Cannon
I'm living in Central California now and would love to make it to a Nor Cal fun-run. Post it soon when you settle on a date and route.
Cheers, Elliot
LarryR
I am actually flexible on the 8th or 9th ... I just picked the 8th because it is a saturday in case I get in late.

I can bring an extra bbq and help with the grilling as long as I can leave the grill and come back for it ... We could pick up some steaks from costco and maybe some boca burgers or something if there are vegitarians in the group.

I am flexible but trying to stay on the original proposal because if we flex a lot then we will continue to talk about it and it will end up not happening... beerchug.gif I am hoping lots of people turn out ... would be nice to put faces with names...
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(LarryR @ Nov 29 2007, 09:37 PM) *

I am hoping lots of people turn out ... would be nice to put faces with names...

Larry - I think it was you that I met to see the white 914 race car project. It seems you still have it??? Or some other 914?
Still free so far - pick a date and time and we'll stick too it. beerchug.gif
jgara962
I just saw this thread. I'm available the 8th or 9th and am in. I like Randy's route and the idea of a shorter drive, especially since it's in my backyard! Mark, let me know if there is anything I can do to help if we are going to have a BBQ at the shop afterwards.
RoadGlue
Mark, don't make me pick up the phone and call you... I'm way too lazy for that. smile.gif
914Mike
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Nov 29 2007, 12:21 PM) *

There are so many awesome roads around Napa. How about this 2 hour long tour?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...p;z=11&om=1

This route starts off and stays twisty up until the last 20 minutes. Then it's a mellow drive back via the Silverado Trail to Napa for beer, etc.

We could also off shoot over to the Lake for a picnic since we'd be right by there.

Mark, I'll be in Napa this Saturday. Interested in hanging out?

piratenanner.gif Ooh! Howell Mountain AND right past the Ink Grade! Two of my faves... driving.gif

Those from Sacto should defininately give 128 through Winters a try as a way to or from too.
LarryR
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Nov 30 2007, 11:40 AM) *

QUOTE(LarryR @ Nov 29 2007, 09:37 PM) *

I am hoping lots of people turn out ... would be nice to put faces with names...

Larry - I think it was you that I met to see the white 914 race car project. It seems you still have it??? Or some other 914?
Still free so far - pick a date and time and we'll stick too it. beerchug.gif

Hi Chris,
That car is now at McMark's (Original Customs) having the rest of the work done to it. I also picked up a '72 914 along the way. However, since none of my 914's run yet I will probably drive my 74 911 on the outing.

I hope you bring your black car it looked pretty good when you came over.

Larry
Scott Carlberg
IF you guys were to put off this GTG for another week, there is that Sunday, December 16th Karting event in Fremont.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=77569&st=
RoadGlue
Mark and I met up in Napa today for a little bit and it sounds like next Saturday, the 8th works for him. Instead of doing a BBQ though, he suggested eating dinner at this cool road side diner/burger joint in St. Helena. The twisty part of my proposed route ends right at the place by chance, so that'd work out well.

There's not going to be a single day that works for everyone, so the best compromise is to just do this again soon on a day that works for most of the other people that can't make this one. Time is only going to get more scarce as the holidays approach, so it's sorta now or wait until mid-late Jan.

I also vote to cancel the event if it's going to rain next Saturday, but what do you say?

What time do people want to meet? Not too early please. smile.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Dec 1 2007, 06:15 PM) *

Mark and I met up in Napa today for a little bit and it sounds like next Saturday, the 8th works for him. Instead of doing a BBQ though, he suggested eating dinner at this cool road side diner/burger joint in St. Helena. The twisty part of my proposed route ends right at the place by chance, so that'd work out well.

There's not going to be a single day that works for everyone, so the best compromise is to just do this again soon on a day that works for most of the other people that can't make this one. Time is only going to get more scarce as the holidays approach, so it's sorta now or wait until mid-late Jan.

I also vote to cancel the event if it's going to rain next Saturday, but what do you say?

What time do people want to meet? Not too early please. smile.gif

agree.gif The 8th, the burger place, and cancel on rain ... I guess the only thing left to resolve is what time to meet up at Mark's
RoadGlue
QUOTE(LarryR @ Dec 1 2007, 06:26 PM) *

agree.gif The 8th, the burger place, and cancel on rain ... I guess the only thing left to resolve is what time to meet up at Mark's

Now I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to meeting times and I only have to travel 45 minutes to get to Napa.

Tag, you're it. You decide. poke.gif
LarryR
Ok 10:30 at Original Customs biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(LarryR @ Dec 1 2007, 06:44 PM) *

Well fine, I'll see YOU there. smile.gif Perhaps some other people too.

Who else is coming? Dug Wright is likely going to show up in his spec Miata. Mark has his Civic, you have your 911. Am I the only one with a working 914?
LarryR
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Dec 1 2007, 06:46 PM) *

QUOTE(LarryR @ Dec 1 2007, 06:44 PM) *

Well fine, I'll see YOU there. smile.gif Perhaps some other people too.

Who else is coming? Dug Wright is likely going to show up in his spec Miata. Mark has his Civic, you have your 911. Am I the only one with a working 914?

I just went back through the thread it looks like:
Jim (roadster fan)
koozy
Marty Yeoman
Andy
smj
nocones
prs914-6 Paul S
ChrisNPDrider
hydroliftin Peter
Elliot Cannon
jgara962
Mike914
You (road glue)
McMark
and myself

Are all coming. Should be a blast. See you all next Saturday @ 10:30 at Original customs in Napa.
McMark
Done and decided! boldblue.gif My home internet has been flaky for a week now and I'm finally back online (temporarily for sure).

See ya'll next Saturday. I guess I better clean house! wink.gif
Krieger
Sounds like Taylor's Refresher/ St Helena Rd. Where is Marks place, I might make it?
McMark
Oh yeah, the shop address is 1739 Action Ave, Napa CA 94559
PRS914-6
The only way I can come on the 8th is for a very short day. I have a dinner party that night. Gotta be home by 4:00 and that means taking off about 2ish but I can take off when I need to go......

I'm sure Andy wants his top.....

Help me out......are we going clockwise or counterclockwise on the proposed route? I'm thinking if the time works out, I can veer off at 128 and go home that way.
McMark
Counter clockwise. We should be back in Napa before 2pm I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.