Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 oil tank- how to drain?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I have purchased a DW Design oil tank for my /6 conversion. If I understand the way the OEM/aftermarket tanks are made they do not have a drain plug like a 911 tank has. So if that is true how do you drain the tank when doing oil changes? Do you have to disconnect an oil line? That sounds like a stupid way to do it. What about installing a "T" at the bottom fitting of the tank so the one open side can be capped? Any other way to do it? Thanks
Nick
I have a T fitting. One of the three outlets from the T fitting is capped. I use that to drain the oil. Just be ready when you take the cap off cause the oil comes out fast.

Nick
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Nick @ Nov 27 2007, 03:50 AM) *

I have a T fitting. One of the three outlets from the T fitting is capped. I use that to drain the oil. Just be ready when you take the cap off cause the oil comes out fast.

Nick

agree.gif
Same thing I did and use. Works great and yeah, oil will come out fast.
thesey914
Any chance of a picture of the 'Tee' piece.
Mike Knox
Any chance of a picture of the 'Tee' piece?

Here's one for ya.
Click to view attachment

Dr Evil
I find it easy enough to split the lines between the two using the special wrench. Its not too messy after using the engines drain plug.....but I am poorer than many of you wink.gif

Nice set up, Mike!
thesey914
Is that a hydraulic clutch??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.