Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: total n00b question on how to find a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
knightdalejb
WTF.gif

i've been lurking for a bit after finding this site. my original idea was to do an electric vehicle, but after reading the limited range, i think i'll stick with a ICE. the subu engine update looks like the way to go. but before i get to that point, i need a 914. so....

is there a list of what to look for? a simple checklist, maybe with critical things and preferred things? i've looked around and haven't found a concise checklist. apparently the battery compartment is a big deal with rust/corrosion. and i know the basic body damage or rust, but is there anything else that if i see i should just run away?

looking for something to restore, something i can waste a lot of money on (well, not too much!), but be proud of when i'm done. i look forward to being able to post my junker and progress.
jonferns
This guide from Pelican Parts can prove very helpful. It covers alot of the basics, and what to look out for.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/How_to_buy_a_914.htm

welcome.png

-JON smile.gif
knightdalejb
thanks! the part of where to look for rust potential was exactly what i was looking for
jonferns
when you go check out a potential car, see if you can get it up on a lift, and pull off the rockers...some of these "project" east coast cars may be a bit rusty. Good Luck! smile.gif

-JON
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.