Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stuttgart46
I bought this car from someone here. Since then we have been disassembling and prepping for paint. I have been racing my 911 for the last year and a half so it's been a while since I've got to play with a 914.
Can someone please tell me the easiest way to remove the dash?
I am builidng this car with my sons, for my sons. We're having a ball so far. They're 9 and 10 so it's been learning about tools and cars at the same time.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
-Chad
SirAndy
QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Dec 18 2007, 11:19 AM) *

I bought this car from someone here. Since then we have been disassembling and prepping for paint. I have been racing my 911 for the last year and a half so it's been a while since I've got to play with a 914.
Can someone please tell me the easiest way to remove the dash?
I am builidng this car with my sons, for my sons. We're having a ball so far. They're 9 and 10 so it's been learning about tools and cars at the same time.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

there's a good article in our "classics" forum:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=42757

once the dash top is gone, you can remove the subframe as well. there's 3 (or 4 idea.gif ) nuts that hold it in place that can be accessed from the front trunk ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png
carr914
Hi Chad, How are you?
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

This is my newest.
all the best, T.C.

stuttgart46
Thanks Andy. That should make things easier.
T.C., we just can't stay away from these cars can we. I saw you sold your 6 to someone overseas. That had to be like selling one of your children. Do you still have the Carrera?
I just finished the NASA Texas season. We won the GTS-2 Championship for Texas. I'd like to try and make the Nationals next year. The last race of the year was a blast. There was one second between first and third. Thankfuly I was in first. piratenanner.gif
I need to resize the pics of the 914 so I can post them.
stuttgart46

Here's the 911

Click to view attachment
stuttgart46
Here we go.

Click to view attachment
Gint
That's cool you've got your young boys involved.

welcome.png

I fixed your text/pic formatting. wink.gif

You might also be interested in the 914world FAQ forum. In that forum there is a updated page titled, Adding Pictures To Your Post. <- That's a link.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 18 2007, 12:38 PM) *
there's a good article in our "classics" forum:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=42757

once the dash top is gone, you can remove the subframe as well. there's 3 (or 4 idea.gif ) nuts that hold it in place that can be accessed from the front trunk ...
bye1.gif Andy

There is also a very good Technical article in the 914 Info section titled Dash Top Removal written by Rob Watson.
carr914
Hey Chad, I traded my Carrera(still a project) for this.
T.C.

BKLA
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 18 2007, 11:43 AM) *

This is my newest.
all the best, T.C.

Wow, that is a roller that was built by Rich Johnson. Nice score!

What are your plans?
carr914
QUOTE(BKLA @ Dec 18 2007, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 18 2007, 11:43 AM) *

This is my newest.
all the best, T.C.

Wow, that is a roller that was built by Rich Johnson. Nice score!

What are your plans?

Yes, It's a Rich Johnson roller. Soon to have Coil-overs at all corners, Brembos, 15 quart oil tank, will put in a 2.7 RS spec motor first running through a 915 Wevo Sideshift, my 2.8 Twin-plug later. It was and will be again Signal Orange. It will look like Chad's avatar on the "Club" - a tribute to my late friend Bob Snodgrass.

T.C.

Chad, what you doing for the drivetrain on yours?
stuttgart46
I wish I knew. I'll probably have Eric (Valkyrie Racing) build a 2.4 Six for it. I have the Brumos pics on my other computer, I'll try to send them to this computer so people can see your vision. It's cool that you're honoring Bob. He always treated me great. It's a shame he's gone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.