Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone looked into using non-914 injectors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TeenerTim
I'm just thinking about different options for better/cheap performance that are kind of bolt-on. I saw someones flow sheet on the 914 injectors and they were about 100cc. Browsing through e-bay I found Ford 2.3L injectors that were 147cc and Ford Focus injectors that were 200cc. That seems like it might be the equivilent of swapping a 2-bbl carb with a 4-bbl carb. Of course the impedance is different but I'm sure there's a way around that.

I know Jake has said the plenum is restrictive but it also seems like you could open that up with a Dremel. Is this just naive?

I was also thinking about building a megasquirt unit that fit inside the stock 914 ECU case as a stealth upgrade.
JeffBowlsby
Yep, I recently looked.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=78993&hl=

You need to consider not only flow, but impedance, electrical and physical connections. Unless you want to deal with a custom fuel rail, the stock injectors and similar (see the list in my post) are a good solution. Pintle injectors are durable and available. Maybe there are knock-offs made by Python or RAM or some other third party but I could not locate them.
Katmanken
And timing and duration and peak and hold and on and on.

Short answer, different injector, different result.

And I can guarantee almost all results will be worse.

Hitting the sweet spot in EFI is hard and requires some electrical knowlege.

Bumping up fuel flow won't result in much power and will result in worse gas economy and drivability. After all, there is only so much gas a cylinder of air can burn, after that, the gas goes out the tailpipe.
Ken
Bleyseng
2.0l injectors flow about 350cc's and the MPS can be set up to run at 10.5 to 1 AFR which is hella rich...
CAM is the big bottleneck for more hp
Jake Raby
We are now retrofitting all our Turn key engines with our weld on injector bungs that allow the use of any Bosch low impedence injector. This is due more to cost and availability than power output.

The bone stock injectors, runners and plenum are good for up to 145 HP on 2.3 liters of MassIVe/4. With the 2.0 Bus plenum and the same hardware we can get 160HP.

The stock injectors are plenty big enough for most engines.

I'll be releasing a video all about aftermarket EFI systems, the benefits, the negatives and how to set them up and configure them correctly.

BIGGER IS NOT BETTER!!!!! Forget that mentality and do it right now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.