Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Official...I can be part of your club now!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ChrisReale
Where the hell did that car come from Craig?
Brad Roberts
The factory ?

B
boxstr
Vancouver Wa. 40k original miles. No hacking, just cleaning and making better. Britain, good B is right, just do subtle things to your 914 you will notice it while driving.
CCLINCWMODE
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 5 2004, 10:03 PM)
Andy, that sway bar wont work. His arms dont have the "loops" for the bar.

i know. but since when is that holding us back?
a lot of people weld on the U-Tabs for the through body sway bar.
why not weld on the "loops" for a underbody sway bar? confused24.gif

it did improve the handling significantly for me over the stock NO swaybar ...
Andy
Bleyseng
Once a lurker always a lurker.....until you survive a long bout of DirksWrightsDisease!!!

Nice looking car!
Geoff
EdwardBlume
Too bad about the Acura. I know you liked that car. Did the new car come with the ghost of the 914-6 rat? Congrats! Care to AX this year?
Scott S
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 5 2004, 10:30 PM)
I agree with B don't start changing an original car, you won't be able to go back. Buy another one for a hot rod.
CCLINCWMODE

Craig -
is that car as perfect as it looks? As little as I drive my car, I would love to have an unmolested car like that to take out once in a while. Wow, is that pretty! pray.gif
Britain Smith
I would absolutely love to start autocrossing this year...unfortunatly I am afraid that car would not do so well. It has all the stock suspension and no sway bars. I might have my 912 in a drivable state by the summer time, depends how the funds go.

-Britain
redshift
So, you wouldn't modify the orange car, but you'd ax it..

Have you ever crashed a chopper, trying to pull a boat?

smile.gif

M
Britain Smith
Is there an ultimate stock production class that says no sway bars can be added? That car will be all over the place. I tried autocrossing my 912 and it doesn't have swaybars either...needless to say it was a disaster.

-Britain
redshift
I'd just baby that car, I think that is what I was trying to say.. uhoh... you need another 914!

M
Mueller
I would absolutely love to start autocrossing this year...unfortunatly I am afraid that car would not do so well

nothing wrong with the car, they have a stock class excactly for cars like yours...........

So, you wouldn't modify the orange car, but you'd ax it..

auto-x is not hard on the car, or at least it doesn't have to be if you just go out there to drive and not beat the crap out of the car....if driven properly (and you are not trying to get TTD), an auto-x will not be any harder on your car than a brisk drive thru the country side....

too many people think that auto-x'n can or will damage thier cars...it's perfectly safe for your car as long as you remain level headed and not try to push it beyond your limits.....just have fun, heck, you can be the slowest car out there, but if you can improve your time from your first lap to your last lap, then you have done good and have been succesful.....
EdwardBlume
I drove my stock 914 (without swaybars) on street tires and had a ball. The first couple of times AXing, you'll care less about your times as you are about driving. Don't be afraid to AX your baby a few times, but if you catch the bug, build / buy another one.

I'm going to begin tearing down my stock 914 this weekend for more resto work. I'm going to take it back to 1974 including the 165s.
redshift
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 9 2004, 04:05 AM)
just have fun, heck, you can be the slowest car out there, but if you can improve your time from your first lap to your last lap, then you have done good and have been succesful.....

If I am going to AX my car, I am not going there to show everyone how the nice man can take a circuit in the old car.. I would be aiming for the guy with the record. laugh.gif

Competition?

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.