Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is the best place to buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hcdmueller
I am finishing up a 2056 Kit from Jake and was going to go with carbs. I am having second thought on that. I know a lot about EFI and only a little about carbs. I want more driving.gif and less smash.gif

I like the reliability and simplicity of the carbs but I don't want to be messing with stuff once I get it set up.

The question is where is the best place to buy an SDS EFI setup for fuel only?
904svo
From Jake!

Ask him to have it set up for you.
lotus_65
i don't know if this is the best... but it's one place.

http://www.lnengineering.com/fi.html
hcdmueller
Jake took the EFI stuff off of his store. I seem to remember reading a post from him where he said he would only be doing a whole package setup with turnkey engines. I don't know. I will check out the LN Engineering link.
Thanks
Ray Warren
You could try this place.
Krieger
Why not the stock d jet, it would work great for your set up?
ottox914
Just go right to the source: www.sdsefi.com. Setting up fuel only would be a snap compaired to what I did to add the ignition control- not that it was that painful, but you could use the stock throttle body, injectors, and control it all with the SDS. I love mine. I think it has enough features to really get the job done well, but not so many options/screens/configurations to make it cumbersome and confusing to deal with.
Jake Raby
We will be re introducing the RAT/SDS EFI packages first of the year... we pulled the systems due to long delays in filling orders waiting on throttle bodies and injectors.

I have been working with SDS for the past 6 months or so on a new chip specifically for an aircooled applicatio that allows the AFR in closed loop to be set at a predetermined value, instead of stoich..

This seriously impacted the drivability of my 912E and the Pinzgauer that I have them set up on as test mules. The cool thing about it is the chip will auto correct for a 25% variance in RPM fuel or MP values to reach the target AFR and it responds very quickly when enabled.

It gave me a solid 3MPG in the 912E and two MPG in the Pinz.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Dec 27 2007, 09:37 PM) *

Why not the stock d jet, it would work great for your set up?

No, his kit was set up for carbs specifically. The camshaft it includes is absilutely incompatible with stock FI.
Porcharu
I got mine from SDS. Quick delivery fair price.
gregrobbins
I'll be getting mine from Jake. I like the idea that he makes sure it is set up for the Type IV and combo I am running.

All in the combo.
Jake Raby
In most cases we have a very close fuel map that we can upload when testing the unit, prior to shipping..

Those that have my combinations benefit from this because I have a couple of maps for most of these combos from test engines, or customer's turn keys that we have tuned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.