Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: intake tune up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
minnesota loon
I would like to put new parts on the intake system. I also want to replace injector seals and want to paint intake tubes. Any suggestions? Any way to clean up the injectors?
PeeGreen 914
Why do you need to do this? Are they leaking or not performing well?

You can take them out and have someone clean and reseal them. At our shop we send all of them to the injector doctor. When we get them back they are as good as new.
jimkelly
you could ...

send you injectors to
http://www.witchhunter.com/

get new fuel hose elbows from
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=26
# 16121176821

get hose clamps from
http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=311133515
jesiv
I just did this. I completely reparied and replaced the intake system. Checked the specs, replaced (if necessary), cleaned it up and painted (where necessary) each component. The end result... It purrs... and for a 1.8 that is saying something. If you car is not running as smooth as you like and you can't remember when you last inspected you complete intake system -- now is the time. It's cold all elements "cold start" etc are needed.

Regards,

James
DanT
runners bead blasted and painted in grey.
fuel rail cleaned and polished
injectors cleaned and injector retainers wire wheeled and then painted black
DanT
and
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jan 2 2008, 05:08 PM) *

You can take them out and have someone clean and reseal them. At our shop we send all of them to the injector doctor. When we get them back they are as good as new.

Uhhhhhhh, new injector seals can be easily installed by a 5 year old in the comfort of his parents' garage. How hard can it be to put on 2 rubber o-rings?

The Cap'n
Slider
Automobile Atlanta has some paint that is suppose to match the original color of the intake runner if thats what your going for.

what about Powder Coating them?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 2 2008, 08:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jan 2 2008, 05:08 PM) *

Uhhhhhhh, new injector seals can be easily installed by a 5 year old in the comfort of his parents' garage. How hard can it be to put on 2 rubber o-rings?

The Cap'n

Yeah, but the guy just throws them on there after he has cleaned them and checked them to make sure they are okay. If the injectors are leaking due to seal we do that ourselves drunk.gif
minnesota loon
Thanks for the advice. I just want to put new parts in to update 30 year old plus parts. The painted engines look great thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.