Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Problem with 968 door locks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keske968
Don't know if any members here have a 968 but for some reason my passenger side door isn't unlocking with the key or the electric switch. It seems like it wants to come up but it just isn't. I'm looking for suggestions before I let the dealer take a crack at it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreicated.

Brando
Take the door panel off. Common failure is the plastic arm that works the lock/unlock mechanism.

If the electrical part isn't working, it may be the microswitches in the lock/tumbler/handle, or an electrical fault.
keske968
QUOTE(Brando @ Jan 4 2008, 02:19 PM) *

Take the door panel off. Common failure is the plastic arm that works the lock/unlock mechanism.

If the electrical part isn't working, it may be the microswitches in the lock/tumbler/handle, or an electrical fault.

Took as much of the panel off as I could seeing as I cant get the door open. I am able to see where the plastic arm is but the thing is that its not moving at all. The metal plates that that move to lock the door are jammed somehow. The electric lock is trying to move it but there is something definitly jammed. Looks like when my next student loan check comes in the dealer will take a wack at it. Too bad my 914 won't be operational until this spring.
jasons
QUOTE(Brando @ Jan 4 2008, 01:19 PM) *

agree.gif 110%

Had both break on my 944S2

See #2 in this parts diagram

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/PartsL...mp;Line_Item=10

EDIT: just re-read your "plates jammed" problem. I would look again, these plastic things break all the time.
jasons
Actually, the more I think about it, if the lock is "trying" to come up then the rod couldn't be broken.

blink.gif
Brando
The rod I was talking about was the plastic piece - they're notorious for breaking when it starts to take more and more force to unlock the door. (PN 944-537-511-00).

Click to view attachment

It would be best if you took the door panel and plastic covering off of the door and looked/felt around for where the bind is, if the plastic rod isn't the culprit.

Other than that, without taking a look for myself, I would guess it to be a mechanical failure in the lock mechanism itself. (PN 928 537 053 09).

Click to view attachment

Hope that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.