Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Ebay Six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
olav
The steering wheel has been re-wrapped!!

Man, that' crazy, it's not original leather.
scottb
ok, so ya got me lookin'..... here's a pic of my ass...errr... trunk.... no gunk for what it's worth.

like no gunk muh-self.....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(scottb @ Jan 7 2004, 04:45 PM)
... no gunk for what it's worth.

do you have a '70 /6 ? 'cause otherwise, it's apples n oranges ...
scottb
no don't have a 1970/6. so they gunked differently after 1970?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(scottb @ Jan 7 2004, 04:55 PM)
no don't have a 1970/6. so they gunked differently after 1970?

it's my personal belief that the /6's are different.
but '70 /6's is all i've owned, so i don't have a lot of data points...
could well be that they were under more pressure to a) make volume by spending less time per car; cool.gif reduce costs, by not using so much goo per car and c) improve the looks by being neater, as production went along.

do you have a /6 of any year ?
hargray2
If it was my car, I'd show everyone my goo! w00t.gif
redshift
I think it's just over active goo appliers, I have surely seen a gallon used in an early trunk a couple times..

I think they probably had a hullabaloo at Karmann, and a few tech sessions to arrive at what they look like on later cars..

M
SP9146
I have a six and the seam sealer does not look like that, it looks like it does in the photos you guys posted. Another thing that jumps out at you is the sloppy reinstallation of the rear trunk wiring harness. I'm with Rich on this, if they cut corners on the easy stuff there's a good chance they took shortcuts on the more important work.

The cost to put this car right if the rest is like the trunk could exceed $10K. If you deduct that from a max value of around $25K, the car would be worth $15K. But it does look nice and if it's just minor stuff that was done incorrectly and that doesn't both you it would make a nice toy.
Hawk
Hey wait. Ive got an original /6 (1970 #2025 on the line) and my trunk has that same sloppy goop job. Must have all been done by Fritz in Stuttgart on the day after Oktoberfest.

Its a damn nice six, minor stuff perfectly corrected to concours if someone wanted. Since when are you guys fixated on CW minutiae?
boxstr
Since a lot of us are members of the 914 Concours Owners Club. And we are stuck inside because of the shitty cold weather outside.
CCLINSNOWEDIN
Hawk
Enjoy the figs and fruits out there. Polish, polish, polish. cool.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 8 2004, 04:56 PM)
Since a lot of us are members of the 914 Concours Owners Club. And we are stuck inside because of the shitty cold weather outside.
CCLINSNOWEDIN

Go dig out my engine screen if'n you so bored..... sawzall-smiley.gif
vortrex
over $20k, reserve not met.
Joe Bob
Whatya guess.....25K is the reserve?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 12 2004, 08:47 PM)
Whatya guess.....25K is the reserve?

as long as we're guessing, i was thinking $30k.

alternatively (and i think i just saw this happen the other day on an item we were stalking for J's parents' 25th anniversary...) the reserve is over $50k and the whole listing exercise is merely being done as a cheap appraisal ...
boxstr
Took some pics of a rear trunk on an unmolested 1970 914-6. So I guess there is nothing abnormal about the 914-6 on ebay.
CCLINFACTORY6
boxstr
Pic 2
Porsche Rescue
I want royalties! Unless someone sees the pic and wants to buy the car, then I owe you a commission!
Joe Bob
Hans hadf a little too much Gluwein at lunch....prolly accounts for the 1/2 difference on the fenders as well....
vortrex
looks like they finger painted that stuff on.
redshift
Refer to my post on the Karmann guys building Paul Woodbury's car.

beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif icon8.gif

laugh.gif

M
Eric_Shea
Why was my post deleted?
redshift
Something happend to a couple of mine also..

M
Eric_Shea
Basically stated that the story was crap (the six was a last ditch effort to save the lowly 914), and that all the sales retoric made me want to grab my wallet and run for the hills.

Nice ride though...
redshift
Propaganda makes me cringe too, a nice piece speaks for itself.

My 40th post! smilie_pokal.gif

M
seanery
As admin, we have the capability to delete posts (and so do you all-for your posts). I'm not sure who deleted it, but it was not me.
redshift
He who smelt it, dealt it..

M
anthony
Did anyone actually go look at the yellow ebay six in person? Anyone find out the reserve?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.