Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninepfourteen
Will rear calipers from a 70 911 work on the rear of a 914 and allow vented rotors?
Thanks.
Cap'n Krusty
Whether they'll fit or not, you won't have a handbrake without pretty extensive modifications. It's illegal in every state to operate a motor vehicle without a parking brake on the street , in case you care. The Cap'n
davep
If you care to use the search function you will find extensive discussion on the requirements of caliper fitment. I completely agree with The Cap'n, that operating a vehicle without a FUNCTIONING handbrake is illegal pretty much everywhere on this and most every continent. The handbrake is there to act as a failsafe in the event of primary (hydraulic) brake failure, and MUST be in working condition. Acting as a parking brake, by means of the ratchet mechanism, is considered an additional bonus.
Eric_Shea
Yes, with 5mm spacers under the mounting ears.

1. What will you do for a handbrake?
2. What will you do to balance out your front to rear bias?
ninepfourteen
1) It's a race car. It has no E brake now.

It has a dial bias valve now and I'm going to 944T fronts at the same time.

I want to get rid of the rear adjusters that we have to mess with constantly. Thought I'd go vented at the same time.

Eric, I need to put the 5 mm under the ears, not the rotors?

Thanks.

Fred

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 18 2008, 02:06 AM) *

Yes, with 5mm spacers under the mounting ears.

1. What will you do for a handbrake?
2. What will you do to balance out your front to rear bias?

Eric_Shea
Eric, I need to put the 5 mm under the ears, not the rotors?

One or the other wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.