Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More /6 piston and cylinder questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
OK, so now the question is, what piston do I need? The other 5 original cylinders to the engine say KS, are alusil, are height group 6 and size 0. The one that broke, and was from a different set, was a Mahle piston with a mahle cylinder. this is causing me issues as I do not know what compression ratio piston I need for my 1973.5 2.7L US engine. The two that this one guy is offering me are 90202 or 90208. Which should I take? He also said that a 1973.5 /6 was a 2.4 CIS engine. I think that is incorrect as I have never seen such a beast. MFI yes, CIS no.
sixnotfour
1973.5 /6 was a 2.4 CIS

true statement
Dr Evil
Lernt something today. I am pretty sure it is a 2.7, though and I still need the answer to my question about what piston to get from him. Any ideas, Jeff?
sixnotfour
90208 KS 2.7
Dr Evil
As always, thanks for your continued help biggrin.gif You da man thumb3d.gif
degreeoff
Hey Mike,

The 73.5 WAS a 2.4...I have one and it is a 2.4....it also has the 7R case (hence why I bought it)....
Dr Evil
2.4 WITH CIS? I know that the 2.7 started in 74, I got this engine from a 74, but some of the CIS bits are the earlier bits and why I think it is an early 2.7.
sixnotfour
73 had a split between MFI and CIS for the T model, hence 73.5 CIS 2.4
they had steel runner tubes
Dr Evil
Ah, I have the cast aluminum tubes. I do have an extra setup with the steel tubes.
alpha434
Another thread based on speculation.

It's not very important whether 73.5 was a 2.4 CIS if you have a cluster-fuched 2.7. Measure those things. If you hurry, and you have no calipers, you can buy some from FLAPs before they close.

GO GO GO!
Dr Evil
Feel free not to respond to my threads, alfalfa. dry.gif
Dr Evil
What size were the jugs on the 2.4? I know I have 90mm which are the 2.7 so I am not worried about that. I was just wondering if I had the right CIS as well.
sixnotfour
check the PN on the fuel distributor.
Dr Evil
The p/n is right. I found the size for 2.4 as well, 86mm.
sixnotfour
84mm
Dr Evil
Strike!

Hey Jeff, would I be correct in thinking that the number you recommended is the lower CR 8:1 74 2.7 piston?
sixnotfour
Your right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.