Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2 liter questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gjones
I have a recently rebuilt 2 liter with a mild cam- it has the euro pistons and 44 IDF's. I installed an MSD 6A which so far I am happy with. The vehicle came with the 44's which I was unaware were not the ideal choice- it runs well but very rich.The carb numbers are as follows 200 air correct, 130 main, 50 idle, and 36 venturis- which through reading appears to be too big. I also think I have some wash down effect in the cylinders do to the carb settup- ie.. not seated yet. Any assitance in getting my 2 liter dialed in so I can get back to tearing up the roads would be appreciated. P.S. the plugs I am running are W6DC Bosch supers at .045" gap and a 050 dist. Thanks for your input- new to the website.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(gjones @ Jan 19 2008, 05:58 PM) *

I have a recently rebuilt 2 liter with a mild cam- it has the euro pistons and 44 IDF's. I installed an MSD 6A which so far I am happy with. The vehicle came with the 44's which I was unaware were not the ideal choice- it runs well but very rich.The carb numbers are as follows 200 air correct, 130 main, 50 idle, and 36 venturis- which through reading appears to be too big. I also think I have some wash down effect in the cylinders do to the carb settup- ie.. not seated yet. Any assitance in getting my 2 liter dialed in so I can get back to tearing up the roads would be appreciated. P.S. the plugs I am running are W6DC Bosch supers at .045" gap and a 050 dist. Thanks for your input- new to the website.

You might be able to buy the appropriate vents, jets, and air correction from CB Performance. Get a Mallory Unilite from Aircooled Technology set up for the Type IV right out of the box...

Oh and....

welcome.png
r_towle
start with 32mm venturis
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 20 2008, 03:36 PM) *

start with 32mm venturis

agree.gif

here's what i ran on my 2056, 44 IDFs:

Air Corrector Jets 190
Emulsion Tubes F11
Main Jets 145
Venturis 32mm
Auxiliary Venturis 4.5mm
Idle Jets 50

bye1.gif Andy
Allan
The 44's are fine.

Just follow the advice of those above and all will be good...

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.