Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yesterday at Team NARP H.Q.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
Kapt Kaos stopped buy to do another carb session. We looked at 2 of the spark plugs(#3 and#2) BR6ES and with the LM-1 hooked up he was reading 10.3 to 11 at idle. The plugs looked hot and the meter reads rich. We talked about heat ranges and where the meter should read and what the plugs should look like.
I sent him home with the LM-1, armed with that and the new information I had given him maybe he will show us how to tune carbs. Remember I'm going to try to move in a few years and someone out here needs to be able to pass this on.

Come on Joe show us how it works. Take lots of pics.
rick 918-S
popcorn[1].gif
SGB
BR6ES ? Izzat a Beru? It would be most informative if the Capt is gonna try different plugs & heat ranges with corresponding LM-1 (I'm GUESSING that is a CO meter) readings. I use Bosch copper (WR-7 I think is the tag) and wonder what those will read, and why, and what is desirable too....
sean_v8_914
I miss yous guys. haven't seen y'all since the last El Toro when you came w the motor home. I have this cool pic on my wall
sean_v8_914
oops, had to reduce file size
JoeSharp
Hey Sean, Thomas and Linda will be racing with the OCR this year and we'll all be there.
McMark
I need to get a O2 bung in my exhaust this spring.
proto31
Joe, once you figure this stuff out you need to have another carb tuning clinic. I should have my engine rebuild done in 3 weeks and will need to re-tune (changing out my T pistons for S pistons and E cam). Also, talk to Thomas, he's thinking about getting a transmission rebuild clinic started.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.