Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Original CAMP 914 rear trunk shox
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
boxstr
Get into the 21st century the Original CAMP 914 rear trunk shox kit. Shipped to your front door in the USA. Foreign orders please inquire. $40.00 PAYPAL,CASH,MO,CHECK. As always money back if not satisfied.
Included are two shox,swivel bracket and mounting hardware, complete instructions.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
1580 Bedford Ct.
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034 USA
boxstr
Installed picture of the CAMP 914 rear trunk shox
dwillouby
Have you tested these with a fiberglass trunk lid?
David
boxstr
Personally I have not. But I have sold four pairs to 914 owners. I recommend using the 20lb shox and possibly mounting one.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
JmuRiz
If I had a 'glass lid I'd just use a propstick...worked for the GT cars right? Craig...I see that the notch cut out of the car is a lot smaller than the one on the orriginal template instructions. I have yet to install mine, so I might do that little notch like in the picture.
boxstr
The notch needs to be large enough for the shaft, not the shock body. So if it works and aligns correctly on your car, yes you can make a smaller notch. I have found that not all 914's are alike, Some need a larger notch and some will take a smaller one.
Also for those of you with fiberglass trunk lids CAMP 914 now has the 10lb shox, please advise when placing your orders.
CCLINSHOXAREUS
dwillouby
I installed my shock kit using the 10 lb units. For my fiberglass this is perfect. Using both shocks makes raising and lowering very smooth.

Only problem was a missing lock cap from one of the shocks. Took one from a junk shock and problem solved.
David
greg.treadway
With the shocks in place is there enough room in the trunk for the top to fit and if the top is in the trunk will the shocks work right?
StratPlayer
Yes with the shocks installed there seems to be no problem with the roof in the trunk and the shocks continue to work proplerly, I've had mine istalled since the beginning of summer and have had no problems with the roof in the trunk at all. The product seems to work just fine no problems as of yet.
ewdysar
I concur. Trunk shocks in, work great, top fits fine. Doing the front Shocks next.

Another great product... from CAMP 914 IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Carlitos Way
Does anybody have a close-up of the mounting hardware installed? I just puchased a kit, but the pictures in the directions are hard to make out.

Thanks,

Carlos
montoya 73 2.0
i was wondering if this will allow my trunk to pop-up slightly after pulling my release? i have the release button on the inside of the car.
JmuRiz
I was missing the locking caps (2 of the 4) on the rear set I got. Anyone know where I can get 2 of the lock caps/tabs? I went to a boat store and they have a different style of end now. Thanks for any suggestions!

Update:
Craig sent me the missing caps. I'll post pics of the install when I get around to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.