Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signal Switch Help.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
I finally got off my ass to install my new turnsignal switch.
Pulled the original one out, installed the new one (fit perfect), everything is plugged in.

Before I put in the new switch I only had the signal working on the right side, (passanger). So I put the new one in and I flip the switch to the left and it's blinking a hundred miles an hour, while I step out of the car to take a look at the signal, I can't see anything and it has stopped blinking. (I assume blown fuse) so I assume that there is a short somewhere, YES? or is it possible it's just the ground? Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
markb
Make sure it's plugged in right. They usually do, but if it's one off, it does really strange things.
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Jan 27 2008, 02:12 PM) *

Pulled the original one out, installed the new one (fit perfect), everything is plugged in.

Before I put in the new switch I only had the signal working on the right side, (passanger). So I put the new one in and I flip the switch to the left and it's blinking a hundred miles an hour, while I step out of the car to take a look at the signal, I can't see anything and it has stopped blinking. (I assume blown fuse) so I assume that there is a short somewhere, YES? or is it possible it's just the ground? Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

I'll be watching this thread as my left turn signal works perfectly and my right blows fuses.

popcorn[1].gif
SLITS
Ultra fast blinker rate = burned out bulb

No blinkie = burned out flasher unit or incorrect hookup

Blowing fuse = right side front or back grounded power wire, bulb holder somehow shorted or power lead loose on one holder and grounding out. Trace them look for breaks in the insulation.
jim_hoyland
popcorn[1].gif

I'm following too...got the same replacement unit.....
914Sixer
Me too, since I sold them. They were German units that were supposed to be plug and play. Hummm.
Gint
Ruh-Roh...
jim_hoyland
What is the outcome Brian?

QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Jan 27 2008, 02:12 PM) *

Thanks

TINCAN914
Okay its so friggin cold in the garage I think I officially lost my balls...

It's not the bulb and I checked the flasher. The signal still blinks real fast, but not the bulbs, just the interior indicator, so I am assuming it is a poor connection somewhere?
When I was checking the wires on the signal buckets, I heard a small arc. Would this indicate that the short would be a posotive or a negative on the bucket?
Sorry completely clueless on wiring..

TINCAN914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 28 2008, 01:12 PM) *

Me too, since I sold them. They were German units that were supposed to be plug and play. Hummm.

Mark,
I just noticed this comment..
The issue is not with the signal switch, nobody panic!!! biggrin.gif
I had this issue before I even bought the new switch.. I'm sure they are fine and my new challange is due to the dickhead P.O. and his mickey mouse ways..
retrofit
I have similar issues too. How do I tell if the flasher relay is Ok??? sad.gif
TIA
Allen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.